What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2024 Membership

JamesRustle

First Grade
Only meaningful membership data Ive ever seen was put out by Cronulla a few years ago which was an infographic that showed the membership type split, where members lived etc. Shame all clubs dont do that every year.
I would not be happy if my team released details of where I live. Massive breach of privacy.

yakstorm

First Grade
This is why membership numbers can't be trusted
Not when there is no definition of what a member is, makes it very easy for clubs (if they want to) to inflate their numbers.

Be great if clubs actually did proper breakdowns between full season (or at least 9 games+) versus partial ticketed versus non-ticketed versus other (pet, junior league, etc).

Fair play to Shane Richardson for actually not accepting the inflated numbers. I reckon a lot of WT fans appreciate the honesty. Possibly the two things preventing them from signing up, is Richo only having a short term contract & some of the pricing.

It's a bit rich asking $175 for access to the Leichhardt or Campbelltown hill when you can get 11 matches in a seat at CommBank Stadium for $185 (plus a ticket to see the Rabbitohs at Allianz)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not when there is no definition of what a member is, makes it very easy for clubs (if they want to) to inflate their numbers.

Be great if clubs actually did proper breakdowns between full season (or at least 9 games+) versus partial ticketed versus non-ticketed versus other (pet, junior league, etc).

Fair play to Shane Richardson for actually not accepting the inflated numbers. I reckon a lot of WT fans appreciate the honesty. Possibly the two things preventing them from signing up, is Richo only having a short term contract & some of the pricing.

It's a bit rich asking $175 for access to the Leichhardt or Campbelltown hill when you can get 11 matches in a seat at CommBank Stadium for $185 (plus a ticket to see the Rabbitohs at Allianz)
Tigers pricing is insane for the quality of the venues! They only had 10k paying members, I wonder what the number is now with the 50-50 spilt in poor venues?

Iamback

Coach

Not sure it matters to most of us what the numbers are.

Yes Tigers had the people not paying but the club had access to their data as opposed to just a casual fan, That is what the clubs want in these cases

Bukowski

Juniors
Not sure it matters to most of us what the numbers are.

Yes Tigers had the people not paying but the club had access to their data as opposed to just a casual fan, That is what the clubs want in these cases
There were 9k juniors they counted that got automatic free membership . They already had their details, this was just a con job by Pascoe.

Perth Red

Post Whore
At least pet/one game memberships are paid for. This was just lies.
How was it a lie? There is no NRL stipulation on what counts as members so freebies are not exactly lying. Eels gave away a jnr membership with every GA adult membership. Someone on here said Penrith Jnrs get a free membership. I suspect Tigers are not alone! I dont even have an issue with it tbh, its good to get the kids interested early.

Only meaningful membership data Ive ever seen was put out by Cronulla a few years ago which was an infographic that showed the membership type split, where members lived etc. Shame all clubs dont do that every year.
that was probably WAY too transparent for Cronulla and the league tbh

Vlad59

Juniors
Most of the outside the shire would be made up of the 25-50 year olds who couldn't afford to remain in the shire when they moved out of home... probably only go to 2 or 3 home games a year now.
We could add all our 6000 juniors as members and that’ll beef things up ………