What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin III - Wed 17 Jul - QLD 4-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Luai and Moses stood up when it mattered. They deserve the first shot next year.
100%

Both have played better games at this level than Cleary. Moses had an all-timer in Game 2, the match winner in Game 3 and Luai was outstanding all series. Chin is great but not often at rep level for whatever reason.

Will be interesting to see what Slater does next year if Ponga’s available from the start of the series.

Ponga didn’t work on the bench, at least not the way he was used. Throwing your best fullback on for tiny minutes at lock when the side is already too f**ked to go to another gear was really dumb and weakens the forward rotation. Next year Slater needs to just pick one of them but I’m not sure I could see him dropping Walsh even though he probably should.
Hilarious seeing Slater being such a sore loser. He can blame himself for the loss. His best player was on the bench for too long and was misused. Walsh should've been hooked for Ponga. Walsh was garbage all series.

Maximus

Coach
Or when NSW wrapped the series up in 2021. The 2 games he played for a score of 76-6... The whole series played in QLD, So even the BS he can't in QLD is fuelled purely by salty fans.

12 tries and he could only get a single try assist. Sounds like he was a passenger who benefitted off the performances of Latrell and Turbo.

Cleary’s origin record is 14 games: 7 wins and 7 losses.
Moses origin career is : 4 games - 3 wins and 1 loss.
also Cleary was the halfback in series when NSW were big favourites whereas Moses has amassed his record in lesser teams on paper.
Cleary is a massively overrated player.
Oof... that's a bit harsh. Cleary is a great player, just not really at rep level.

Cleary was the difference in the GF last year and is a out-and-out winner. Unfortunately, he has a top gear that he's never been able to use at the top level. 14 games for NSW and never really looked dominant or consistent for mine.

Based on what? The small Origin sample size that Moses has played
What's with the Cleary defence force? He's a great player but come on, he's never played like Moses did in Game 2 and why would you mess with a winning formula? Cleary will get another chance if Luai and Moses f**k up or get injured. He's too good not to.

Luai and Moses simply do not deserve to be dropped...and they won't be.

Iamback

Coach
What's with the Cleary defence force? He's a great player but come on, he's never played like Moses did in Game 2 and why would you mess with a winning formula? Cleary will get another chance if Luai and Moses f**k up. He's too good not to.

I have mentioned a few times when he has though it is regency basis that people only remember the current.

We literally have a half with a 50% win record. 3 series wins
Is equal 2nd with Joey on the NSW Origin pointscoring record.

Who at 26 should be coming into his peak and people want to drop him on the basis of someone having a decent couple of games.

It is crazy talk

Bazal

Post Whore
What's with the Cleary defence force? He's a great player but come on, he's never played like Moses did in Game 2 and why would you mess with a winning formula? Cleary will get another chance if Luai and Moses f**k up or get injured. He's too good not to.

I wouldn't say that.

It's literally almost 12 months away. Moses could be injured again. Luai will be a Tiger and probably shit like the rest of them...

I'd go for Moses and Cleary if both fit tbh. Luai 14

Iamback

Coach
I wouldn't say that.

It's literally almost 12 months away. Moses could be injured again. Luai will be a Tiger and probably shit like the rest of them...

I'd go for Moses and Cleary if both fit tbh. Luai 14

That is another point. Parra with a new coach you could have both Luai and Moses playing at bottom 4 teams.

To call it now is crazy

Wb1234

Referee
Imagine winning 3 straight (on the brink of another) and still being this salty

Moses will be first choice nsw half back next year

Latest posts