What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Panthers

hindy111

Post Whore
The points made by Billy Slater are valid points.

It will be interesting to see how we overcome the losses of key influential players, match winners.

No great x factor or fire power. But during the normal season last year I didn't think Penrith had enough. Come finals they turned it up.
I feel the bench needs to be used wisely. I'd be trying to blood a couple of young bloke who may explode come the end of season. Not sure I'd dick about with guys like Peachey etc. I don't like bringing young kids in mid to late season when on a finals campaign. Different if the seasons shot.

I still recall Crichtons first year amd hoe much he improved from the start to the end of the year.

maple_69

Bench
Sure we’ve lost X factor but it’s not like there isn’t a stack of room for improvement in this side.

Luke was a weak link for most of last year. Tago was out for half the year and came back incapable of tackling. May is no rookie. Cleary hasn’t strung a full year of form together. Luai had a relatively poor season that was picking up until his injury. Kenny is still improving his dummy half craft as is Edwards as link man on the right. Smith has silky hands which weren’t used. The entire left edge just didn’t get time together last year. We only just started dabbling with mixing up the halves and how the swap/connect roles.

Iamback

Coach
Sure we’ve lost X factor but it’s not like there isn’t a stack of room for improvement in this side.

Luke was a weak link for most of last year. Tago was out for half the year and came back incapable of tackling. May is no rookie. Cleary hasn’t strung a full year of form together. Luai had a relatively poor season that was picking up until his injury. Kenny is still improving his dummy half craft as is Edwards as link man on the right. Smith has silky hands which weren’t used. The entire left edge just didn’t get time together last year. We only just started dabbling with mixing up the halves and how the swap/connect roles.

That is why we can still win the comp, When we get our bench sorted that offers more impact.

Not sure what our best 17 is but there is much better mix out there. Smith was good for 90% of the year, when he uses his ball skill that add some extra dimension

MugaB

Coach
That is why we can still win the comp, When we get our bench sorted that offers more impact.

Not sure what our best 17 is but there is much better mix out there. Smith was good for 90% of the year, when he uses his ball skill that add some extra dimension
1.Dyl
2.Tito
3.Tago
4.May
5.To'o
6.Luai
7.Nate
8.Fish
9.Kenny
10.Leota
11.Soro
12.Marto
13.Yeo
14.Laurie
15.Henry
16.Smith
17.Alamotti

18.Schneider (2025 Luai's replacement)
That'll be our current best team, Garner and Peach can come in for injuries

Iamback

Coach
1.Dyl
2.Tito
3.Tago
4.May
5.To'o
6.Luai
7.Nate
8.Fish
9.Kenny
10.Leota
11.Soro
12.Marto
13.Yeo
14.Laurie
15.Henry
16.Smith
17.Alamotti

18.Schneider (2025 Luai's replacement)
That'll be our current best team, Garner and Peach can come in for injuries

That 17 ticks more boxes than the WCC one did

MugaB

Coach
That 17 ticks more boxes than the WCC one did
Well hell yeah, but soro injured and luai out, threw garner, and cole in, instead of schnieder at six, who would revell at playing against an English club..
Then add eiso and peach instead of allamoti and laurie, and we come up short on any x-factor, especially since we were without our CFO romey

Iamback

Coach
Well hell yeah, but soro injured and luai out, threw garner, and cole in, instead of schnieder at six, who would revell at playing against an English club..
Then add eiso and peach instead of allamoti and laurie, and we come up short on any x-factor, especially since we were without our CFO romey

Even if those guys were fit. Garner would of been off the bench in Eiso place and he offers nothing in that role.

The hard draw before the bye is good to show where the side sits and gives NSW Cup guys a few weeks to find form

Latest posts