What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Prediction Thread

The Colonel

Immortal
Lussick is solid and that’s all he really needs to be in our system.

Pretty much. Between he and Hands they are solid players. Unlikely they will establish themselves for a five year period however and are only keeping the spot until a younger player steps up in to the role.

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Lussick is good enough to be reliable.

When Reed Mahoney went down in 2021 to a season ending shoulder operation. Lussick was more then capable I still remember we the Storm at Suncorp off a 19 game winning streak and Lussick was the match winning try and basically didn't much wrong.

If he didn't get injured in the lead up to the final against Penrith we probably win that semi final instead of being stuck with Ray Stone being out of position due to no dummy halves available.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Lussick is good enough to be reliable.

When Reed Mahoney went down in 2021 to a season ending shoulder operation. Lussick was more then capable I still remember we the Storm at Suncorp off a 19 game winning streak and Lussick was the match winning try and basically didn't much wrong.

If he didn't get injured in the lead up to the final against Penrith we probably win that semi final instead of being stuck with Ray Stone being out of position due to no dummy halves available.
Playing him in that final round game that meant f all was another of those unlucky (idiotic) decisions weve become use to.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Playing him in that final round game that meant f all was another of those unlucky (idiotic) decisions weve become use to.
I think we had no more players available BA basically rested the whole squad.

We had Sean Russell and Sam Loizou on the bench as wingers

Hindsight should have been that with 1 fit hooker left he should have just rested him and played with 16.

Incorrect

Coach
Could have lost him early on in the match against Penrith too... and played a,man down.
So you're weighing in here with a hypothetical argument (ie could have lost him early in a game he didn't end up playing) Vs the smart (albeit with hindsight) argument, should have rested our only recognised hooker in a meaningless game before the finals....

@hineyrulz - I guess never has the mantra been more apt than here.... No matter what, Parra did the right thing....

hindy111

Post Whore
So you're weighing in here with a hypothetical argument (ie could have lost him early in a game he didn't end up playing) Vs the smart (albeit with hindsight) argument, should have rested our only recognised hooker in a meaningless game before the finals....

@hineyrulz - I guess never has the mantra been more apt than here.... No matter what, Parra did the right thing....

Junior dropping the ball early in tackle count cost us that game at the death.

The Colonel

Immortal

I didn't say the club did the right thing. We played Penrith the week before and the club went down the route of resting players.

Rested - Clinton Gutherson (fullback), Will Penisini (centre), Waqa Blake (centre), Dylan Brown (five-eighth), Mitchell Moses (halfback), Isaiah Papali'i (front row), Junior Paulo (front row), Marata Niukore (second row), Nathan Brown (lock)

played: Hayze Perham (fullback), Tom Opacic (centre), Michael Oldfield (centre), Will Smith (five-eighth), Jakob Arthur (halfback), Oregon Kaufusi (front row), Samuel Loizou (bench), Ky Rodwell (bench), Sean Russell

In hindsight we probably should have rested Lussick as well however they did rest 9 players and had a shortened squad to work from. I am also not 100% sure but I thought the injury to Lussick wasn't suffered during the game itself but at training later in the week.

T.S Quint

Coach
I didn't say the club did the right thing. We played Penrith the week before and the club went down the route of resting players.

Rested - Clinton Gutherson (fullback), Will Penisini (centre), Waqa Blake (centre), Dylan Brown (five-eighth), Mitchell Moses (halfback), Isaiah Papali'i (front row), Junior Paulo (front row), Marata Niukore (second row), Nathan Brown (lock)

played: Hayze Perham (fullback), Tom Opacic (centre), Michael Oldfield (centre), Will Smith (five-eighth), Jakob Arthur (halfback), Oregon Kaufusi (front row), Samuel Loizou (bench), Ky Rodwell (bench), Sean Russell

In hindsight we probably should have rested Lussick as well however they did rest 9 players and had a shortened squad to work from. I am also not 100% sure but I thought the injury to Lussick wasn't suffered during the game itself but at training later in the week.

He got the injury at training.