What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R1 Sun - Manly 36-24 South Sydney @ Las Vegas

Round 1: Manly v South Sydney

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

First Grade
The good thing about today is that it ends any "last year was just a blip" thoughts I may have had. This is a squad in decline, unfortunately.

t-ba

Post Whore
Oh god that's great.

Don't have to think about these losers for two weeks!

yobbo84

First Grade
How were Souths fielding such a low quality back line in round 1?

Obviously the Simple One was unavailable but three of the five outside backs are not first grade quality plus Ilias in the seven.

Is too much salary cap allocated to Latrell and Walker?

Edit: Forgot about Campbell Graham.
No Jack Wighton, Campbell Graham or Tyrone Munro. Plus a couple others you'd play over journeymen.

Souths last 30 minutes of the game was poor. Too many mistakes, with Latrell MIA for long periods. Walker tried, but under pressure, he can be very hit and miss. Unfortunately for Souths, Walker was more "misses" than "hits" when it came to execution, particularly in the second half.

Additionally, I was surprised at Damien Cook. Whilst his passing was slick, I was surprised he never took a dart out of dummy half. Don't know if that was the game plan, but his running from dummy half used to be one of his strengths which would often keep the Souths attack on the front foot and the defensive line retreating.

Last edited:

Woody90

Juniors
While round 1 form doesn’t mean much, you’d think that after the way they went out last year Souths would have wanted to come out and make a statement.

Wb1234

Referee
While round 1 form doesn’t mean much, you’d think that after the way they went out last year Souths would have wanted to come out and make a statement.
South’s have wighton to come back

bench or drop illas and they are fine

yobbo84

First Grade
Additionally, I was surprised at Damien Cook. Whilst his passing was slick, I was surprised he never took a dart out of dummy half. Don't know if that was the game plan, but his running from dummy half used to be one of his strengths which would often keep the Souths attack on the front foot and the defensive line retreating.
I take it you haven't watched him play since 2018?