What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R10 Sat - Melbourne 18-25 Cronulla @ AAMI

Round 10: Melbourne v Cronulla

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
I don’t agree with a penalty but we could live with that, but a sin bin is just wtf
That's it, in the Apey rulebook that's not even a penalty, but you can live with it if that's what they're going with.

Feel like they're just reacting to this on Friday (an actual bad one) that was a sin bin

chrisD

Coach
Anyway it’s been a good game, even with some soft tries up the middle that shouldn’t be happening with contending teams.

Sharkman

Juniors
What you are going to see now is kickers throwing there legs out trying to make contact with opponents and then flopping around to make sure the ref notices.
In exactly the same way every back is essentially “karate kicking” outward when taking the ball, just hoping for contact in the air.

NRL makes a rule, every coach and player figures out how to take things beyond the spirit or intent behind the rule. But, it’s been happening for 30 years worth of rule changes I guess.

chrisD

Coach
That's it, in the Apey rulebook that's not even a penalty, but you can live with it if that's what they're going with.

Feel like they're just reacting to this on Friday (an actual bad one) that was a sin bin

Good to know there was at least an incident that might have brought this on.

Artiste

Juniors
This might sound weird, but I felt the decline of our game start once once they eliminated the biff..(Gallen SOO) progressively getting softer and more litigious now leading into a ridiculous state of affairs

Anon

Bench
Im all for the sin bin....send a message to not attack the legs for good.
I’m not sure incidental contact could be claimed to be attacking the legs.

and I say that as someone who detests the Storm and believes they are responsible for nearly every grubby tactic that has seeped into the game in the last 20 years.

chrisD

Coach
High ball catching here looks a bit different to the last game. To be fair conditions are better.

chrisD

Coach
Another quality kick. Sharks looking realer than I gave them credit for.

Sustained pressure leading to an eked out try against quality opposition. Feel like if Hynes was out there he’d have thrown it over the sideline at some point during this period.

Artiste

Juniors
Another quality kick. Sharks looking realer than I gave them credit for.

Sustained pressure leading to an eked out try against quality opposition. Feel like if Hynes was out there he’d have thrown it over the sideline at some point during this period.
Better without Hynes actually