What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R10 Sun - Sydney 38-18 Warriors @ Allianz

Round 10: Sydney v Warriors

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Warriors

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 10
Sydney Roosters v Warriors
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park / Gadigal (TICKETS)

Sunday 12 May 2024
NRL kickoff 2pm.

Broadcast live on Fox, Kayo.

SYDNEY2024.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 4. Joseph Manu 5. Dominic Young 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Angus Crichton 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley 14. Connor Watson 15. Naufahu Whyte 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Terrell May 18. Sandon Smith 19. Egan Butcher 20. Sitili Tupouniua 21. Siua Wong 22. Fetalaiga Pauga

In: Daniel Tupou (wing), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (front row), Victor Radley (lock), Spencer Leniu (bench), Sandon Smith (bench)
Changes: Junior Pauga (wing to reserve), Naufahu Whyte (front row to bench), Connor Watson (lock to bench), Siua Wong (bench to reserve), Sitili Tupouniua (bench to reserve)

WARRIORS2024.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Rocco Berry 4. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Bunty Afoa 11. Jackson Ford 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Tohu Harris 14. Dylan Walker 15. Tom Ale 16. Jazz Tevaga 17. Adam Pompey 18. Jacob Laban 20. Taine Tuaupiki 21. Zyon Maiu'u 22. Edward Kosi 23. Freddy Lussick

Out: Kurt Capewell (second row)
In: Jazz Tevaga (bench), Jacob Laban (bench), Taine Tuaupiki (bench), Zyon Maiu'u (reserve), Edward Kosi (reserve), Freddy Lussick (reserve)
Changes: Mitchell Barnett (front row to second row), Bunty Afoa (bench to front row)

A-REF-R-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Kasey Badger
Sideline Officials: Tyson Brough, Drew Oultram
Video Referee: Adam Gee

HEAD TO HEAD - 1995 - 2023​

TOTALSYDNEYWARRIORSDRAWN
ALL MATCHES4623221
ALLIANZ1100

LAST FIVE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2020Round 11SYDNEY 18-10Central Coast2631
2021Round 4SYDNEY 32-12SCG12210
2022Round 6SYDNEY 22-14SCG11267
2023Round 2SYDNEY 20-12Allianz16267
2023Round 9SYDNEY 14-0Mt Smart20395

BIGGEST WINS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2004Round 12SYDNEY 58-6Aussie10078
2006Round 25WARRIORS 42-16Mt Smart12711

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 11Round 12Round 13Round 14
SYDNEYCRONULLA (A)CANBERRA (A)NORTH QLD (H)(BYE)
WARRIORSPENRITH (H)DOLPHINS (H)(BYE)NORTH QLD (A)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 7 Round 8 Round 9
SYDNEYMELBOURNEL 12-18ST GEORGE ILLAWARRAW 60-18BRISBANEW 40-18
WARRIORSST GEORGE ILLAWARRAL 12-30GOLD COASTL 24-27NEWCASTLEL 8-14

STATE OF PLAY: 2024 SEASON​

POSITIONPLAYEDBYESW-L-DFORAGAINST
SYDNEY6th905-4-0258163
WARRIORS14th903-5-1176165

Last edited:
The Warriors to continue their losing ways.

The hype is over.
There is a team that over achieves every year and doesn’t back it up the following year. This year it’s the Sharks.

2020 - Raiders 5th (Following year 10th)
2021 - Manly 4th (Following year 11th)
2022 - Cowboys 3rd (Following year 11th)
2023 - Warriors 4th (imo won’t make the 8 this year)

There is a team that over achieves every year and doesn’t back it up the following year. This year it’s the Sharks.

FMD I’m being lectured by a Bulldog supporter about the Sharks making the 8.

Since 2015 the Sharks have failed to make the 8 once.

Also you do know we are adding AFB to our pack of forwards next year?

Look elsewhere trust me that won’t be us.

lol

Valheru

Coach
FMD I’m being lectured by a Bulldog supporter about the Sharks making the 8.

Since 2015 the Sharks have failed to make the 8 once.

Also you do know we are adding AFB to our pack of forwards next year?

Look elsewhere trust me that won’t be us.

lol
TO be fair, I think he meant to say Warriors lol

What odds on Badger to send someone to the bin in the first 10 minutes for decent?
I’m sure she’s been told don’t take shyte and shut it down quickly. Only let the Captain of the team talk to you and make conversations short.

Personally I don’t think she can keep up with the speed of the game. She should’ve been dropped not because of gender but because she had a shocker.

skeepe

Immortal

You think the Raiders finishing 5th the year after making - and nearly winning - the grand final is overachieving?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I keep waiting for the Warriors to click but theyve been horrible. Their best performance was when they lost to the Storm, even when they beat Souths by 30 I thought they looked ordinary.

Easts are a really interesting side this year. To me theyre the most likley to knock a Panthers or Broncos off in a Prelim, however they also have that stinker in them i.e v the dogs.

Would be surprised if they let this one slip. Roosters by 20.

Valheru

Coach
I keep waiting for the Warriors to click but theyve been horrible. Their best performance was when they lost to the Storm, even when they beat Souths by 30 I thought they looked ordinary.

Easts are a really interesting side this year. To me theyre the most likley to knock a Panthers or Broncos off in a Prelim, however they also have that stinker in them i.e v the dogs.

Would be surprised if they let this one slip. Roosters by 20.
You've hit the nail on the head here.

This is actually a pretty big game for the roosters as it's the first "should win comfortably" game since that dogs debacle (I don't count ANZAC Day as anything can happen in that game).

In an amazing stat, barring any withdrawals, we are also at full strength for the first time since 2019 with only Billy Smith and Michael Jennings being unavailable who wouldn't make the first choice 17 at this stage. Some may argue that Sandon Smith, Tupouniua or Wong are part of the best 17 but they are available and have been ommitted at coach's discretion.

This doesn't have to be a flogging but I'm hoping for a professional performance, even something like 20-6 would be fine. Warriors will be desperate though so they need to turn up with the right attitude.

One Warrior

Bench
You've hit the nail on the head here.

This is actually a pretty big game for the roosters as it's the first "should win comfortably" game since that dogs debacle (I don't count ANZAC Day as anything can happen in that game).

In an amazing stat, barring any withdrawals, we are also at full strength for the first time since 2019 with only Billy Smith and Michael Jennings being unavailable who wouldn't make the first choice 17 at this stage. Some may argue that Sandon Smith, Tupouniua or Wong are part of the best 17 but they are available and have been ommitted at coach's discretion.

This doesn't have to be a flogging but I'm hoping for a professional performance, even something like 20-6 would be fine. Warriors will be desperate though so they need to turn up with the right attitude.
Fantastic, the Roosters at full strength, just what we need, back to being the underdogs.