What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R15 Sun - Newcastle 18-26 Penrith @ McDonald Jones

Round 15: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chrisD

Coach
Hopefully Knights see the positives in two good losing performances against two good teams.

I think they should try Ponga at 6 again as they’ve got some decent talent at fullback and Gamble and Cogger aren’t it. Play to their strengths, Best, Gagai and that Mangy guy, Hastings, Ponga and Crossland given free reign to play what they see.

Woody90

Juniors
Hopefully Knights see the positives in two good losing performances against two good teams.

I think they should try Ponga at 6 again as they’ve got some decent talent at fullback and Gamble and Cogger aren’t it. Play to their strengths, Best, Gagai and that Mangy guy, Hastings, Ponga and Crossland given free reign to play what they see.

Tbh I’m not too upset. I didn’t have much hope for the season after how slow we started, then any hope remaining left with the injuries. The loss of Gamble was a lot more costly than I think a lot of people realise. He’s not really seen as a good player outside of the Knights but he’s very important to us. Cogger and Hastings just don’t work together and Cogger isn’t FG standard outside of Penrith’s system. At least 12 points to Penrith today came directly off him.

I don’t think the majority of the squad is that bad, but we’re not going to win many games with the current halves. Brailey has struggled after so long out but I don’t think he’s the main problem. Apparently we’ve been talking to every half available so I think the club know it’s a problem.
Apparently we’ve just signed Peter O’Sullivan which will hopefully help.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
l've enjoyed how Newcastle have played this second half. They couldn't go set-for-set with Penrith, so switched to all-out attack and had more success. Good coaching.

It's something I wanted to see Souths do 2020-22 against Penrith, but we kept trying to out-Penrith them and failed...
Souths in that era could always jag a try against the Riff when inside their 20 via Cody, it was getting there that was the problem.

mozza91

Coach
Proud of the effort today. Thought we’d get hammered in the 2nd half. Penrith were just too good when it mattered but we gave it a real crack.

Cogger was decent for Penrith last year but he was fantastic for them today. Absolute fraud of a footballer.

Latest posts