What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R18 Fri - Brisbane 6-14 Penrith @ Suncorp

Round 18: Brisbane v Penrith

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
With all due respect have you considered maybe perhaps the reason some fans loathe Walsh because he carries himself as opposed to people being envious of his success?
As mentioned above he’s always running into push and shove like some wannabe tough guy, whinging to the ref, laring up every opportunity, etc.
He is a primma-donna of the NRL. He lost a lot of kudos from people far and wide when a young Panther fan innocently suggested to him in a friendly manner that Leota was going to take his head off. In reply, he said something sexually in reference to the boy's mother.

Imagine that, being one of the NRL's poster golden boys, and trying to score points against a child. I mean, who the fook in their right mind does that?

some11

Referee
Walsh is the most talented attacking player I’ve seen in years, 99% of what I hear about him is NEGATIVE…..and yet he’s ‘overrated’. Absolute bizarro world stuff.
He's fast, and probably the first guy you want supporting a break up the middle but he's sorely lacking in other areas which make fullbacks great.

He has time on his side. Hopefully it's not wasted when the Broncos spend a few seasons finding a halfback to replace Reynolds.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He's fast, and probably the first guy you want supporting a break up the middle but he's sorely lacking in other areas which make fullbacks great.

He has time on his side. Hopefully it's not wasted when the Broncos spend a few seasons finding a halfback to replace Reynolds.

Jesus Christ

He has the best passing game and best kicking game of any fullback in the comp by the length of the straight and you glean from that ‘he’s fast’

It’s f**king painful here sometimes I swear

aqua_duck

Coach
Jesus Christ

He has the best passing game and best kicking game of any fullback in the comp by the length of the straight and you glean from that ‘he’s fast’

It’s f**king painful here sometimes I swear
So he’s fast, passes well, kicks well and has pretty eyes, did I miss anything?
This is LU people are going to have opinions, some may seem silly but just let it be man, you’re obvious a big fan but surely you can understand why others wouldn’t be?
You think he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread, others think he’s overrated, the truth probably lies somewhere in between.

gerg

Juniors
Brisbane couldn’t get out of their 30 in the second half and the guy singled out for criticism is the one guy trying to make something happen off the back of a hopeless forward effort, trying to play fullback on defence and halfback on attack because the rest of his team were up to f**k all. Absolute tall poppy syndrome.
Carrigan hasn't been at his best for about a month now, wonder if he's carrying an injury.

Fangs

Coach
Well that was Brisbane's grand final over. Whenever Kevvie wears a hat I think the Broncos go to shit.

2025 can't come soon enough.

Exsilium

First Grade
Walsh needs support from his teammates. The bloke is as likely as anyone to create something from nothing with little more than pure ability but to be consistent, he needs help. If he played in a Penrith, Storm or even a Roosters side, he’d be destroying sides. Unless Kevvie finds the answer, he will be left little choice but to try harder and cop the brunt of the criticism.