What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R18 Sun - Sydney 42-12 St Geo Illa @ Allianz

Round 18: Sydney v St Geo Illa

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We did it!

Despite some atrocious officiating against us, this very likeable and widely loved team got the win in emphatic fashion.

This is a victory for those that are sick of the poor refereeing. Rejoice with me.

Have to say the refereeing has been the worst ever this year.

When you look at the “up coming” refs it really does look bleak for awhile yet.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Look you really shouldn’t be so cocky with team you support and the amount of consecutive wins we’ve put on you. If I was at your work place I’d be telling you some home truths. Trust me the last thing I’ll be doing is taking shyte from someone who supports the Dargons.

They’ve provided me with plenty of laughs for a long time.

Lol
You're not beating the bottom 8 teams this year, so we'll f**ken lap you bunch of Niko Nuffies.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
You sound surprised?
77Fa.gif

JamesRustle

First Grade
We did it!

Despite some atrocious officiating against us, this very likeable and widely loved team got the win in emphatic fashion.

This is a victory for those that are sick of the poor refereeing. Rejoice with me.
That's why you're a good bloke. Giving a voice to the downtrodden and neglected and standing up for the wrongs inflicted when no one else will... like Teddy and jwh, robbo and Victor, and that bloke from poverty in penrith to racist in Bondi.

Keep up the good fight... if only coz I've got $25 on the rorters to win the comp.

For mine, the Dragons defence wasn't bad in this game. Especially in the first half, you could see the Dragons working hard to shut down the Roosters attack. Thing though was the yardage game by its forwards was mostly non-existant, they rarely bent the Roosters defensive line. This put additional pressure on both Hunt and Flannagan as it cut down their decision making time, which in many cases was not great.

In relation to Flanagan and Hunt, neither looked that keen to run the ball. As such the Roosters knew they'd pass, so they keyed more on their support players when defending. In fact when Hunt started to run the ball in the second half, the Dragons looked far more dangerous. Problem though he didn't do enough of it. As was said, it was noticeable at halftime how clean his jersey was.

For mine, in the short term, the Dragons need a really good, metre getting front rower to add to that team.

(edit - Fixed typos)

Last edited:

10$ Ferret

Staff member
nothing but tears for St George supporters while flanagan junior is named in the 18. Absolute dud.
I am liking Sloan more, but he really needs to adjust his positional play in defense

This Year?

Immortal
Just watched the 2nd half.
I wish I didn't.
Congrats Roosters and good luck for the rest of the season. Enjoy your '74 anniversary celebrations and JWH307.
It's going to take more than 2 drops of listerine to cure this butthurt.

*edit* just read through the thread and the last few pages snapped me out of my temporary depression.
Thank you LU ❤

Last edited:

Latest posts