What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R24 Sat - North Qld v Canberra @ QLD Country Bank

Round 24: North Qld v Canberra

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fangs

Coach
Nah he was a Latvian refugee from WWII. Was made to fight for the Nazis after they invaded Latvia. He loved a drink and a song so we’re all celebrating by getting absolutely f**king plastered

Great story. My brother in law had something similar. His grandfather was an Italian forced to fight for the Nazis but he was weirdly sympathetic to their cause...I'll just put that down to old age.

He drank grappa which is rubbish though.

skeepe

Immortal
Great story. My brother in law had something similar. His grandfather was an Italian forced to fight for the Nazis but he was weirdly sympathetic to their cause...I'll just put that down to old age.

He drank grappa which is rubbish though.
Oh he wasn’t at all sympathetic. He was sent to the forward reconnaissance brigade. He was only one of 10 out of 250 to survive from his unit. Absolutely amazing man. I’m not even 10% of the man he was. And yes this took me a long time using autocorrect to type.

Fangs

Coach
Oh he wasn’t at all sympathetic. He was sent to the forward reconnaissance brigade. He was only one of 10 out of 250 to survive from his unit. Absolutely amazing man. I’m not even 10% of the man he was. And yes this took me a long time using autocorrect to type.

Yeah good on him he had some sense and a bit of luck thankfully.

skeepe

Immortal
Losing Oh No GIF by Star Now

Fangs

Coach
That last try was a tough one. Eyes up Strange.

Might break the Raiders back its a decent lead now.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
My grandfather flew the hump in China during the war. Got stuck in Japanese occupied territory and a Chinese family hid him in their wall for 16hrs. One of my mates grandfather's was hit by a grenade, got thrown on the dead wagon and reckons the corpses kept him alive in the cold. WW2 is full of insane stories.

Someguy

First Grade
My grandfather flew the hump in China during the war. Got stuck in Japanese occupied territory and a Chinese family hid him in their wall for 16hrs. One of my mates grandfather's was hit by a grenade, got thrown on the dead wagon and reckons the corpses kept him alive in the cold. WW2 is full of insane stories.

Crazy that we now see China as the enemy and Japan as trusted allies.