What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R25 Sat - Canberra v Penrith @ GIO

Round 25: Canberra v Penrith

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
I didn't knock off till 3pm so decided to test a theory and not post in the gameday thread. Holy shit it's confirmed all my schizo thoughts.

What a win. Battered Sav man of the match easy

Valheru

Coach
Great team but a bit of a telling loss. Penrith will absolutely compete like they did today.....but they do not have that extra gear atm...not without Nathan.
Even with him they don't, I've been saying it all year.

They probably win today with Nathan but would still be tight.

Wizardman

First Grade
Even with him they don't, I've been saying it all year.

They probably win today with Nathan but would still be tight.
Agree. They have been insanely good over three years and still compete very, very well. But they look a bit of a fatigued unit at the moment....particularly with the ball.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Good win raiders.

My only issue was with savage being offside and scoring the winning try. He was miles offside.

Unless I don’t know the interpretation, he can’t get involved in the play. It wasn’t even looked at.

Otherwise, we deserved to lose
Haven’t seen the game but if a kick was involved, then a team mate just needs to progress 10m up field and he’s all good, if not at some point he’s gotta retreat 10m from the ptb before being involved.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Yvonne Sampson just asked Will Chambers if Cameron Munster was “fully functioning”. Does she know something that we don’t?

Vic Mackey

Referee
You bet he would of.

Laurie on the wing is a bizarre call. But the theory is that ita Alamoti's spot. He is warming the chair. Turuva is done.

I love Daine, wanted us to keep him, he has absolutely no attributes to be a modern day winger though. Very weird selection from Ivan. Penrith haven’t won a game he’s started in the wing.

Fangs

Coach
I love Daine, wanted us to keep him, he has absolutely no attributes to be a modern day winger though. Very weird selection from Ivan. Penrith haven’t won a game he’s started in the wing.

First grade fullback.

Looked like attitude was shithouse when he left the Tigers. Hated the jersey pic the heard other rumours behind his sacking.

Exsilium

Coach
Notice only the markers and Savage are in front of Timoko? He moved with the defensive line when the ball was played. Once he takes the intercept it's irrelevant savage was offside because it had no effect on Luai passing.
IMG_2648.jpeg

Timoko is never on the line. We’re inside the 10. Savage is never back. They should be on the goal line.

I get your POV but they are never onside. Unless I’m missing something.

I’m trying to get the full image online but it’s too large.

edit: Shamans shot shows Timoko onside with the ball in the air, id let that go for any side tbh.

Last edited:

Exsilium

Coach
Nah, Timoko is 100% onside.

Unclear whether Savage made it back or not.

Hearing ya, but the ball is already in the air. Go back to the play the ball and it’s different. Timoko is probably onside but no way is savage.

Either way, good win to the Raiders.