What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R25 Sat - Canberra v Penrith @ GIO

Round 25: Canberra v Penrith

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
First grade fullback.

Looked like attitude was shithouse when he left the Tigers. Hated the jersey pic the heard other rumours behind his sacking.
He was pretty good back end of last year playing 5/8 for us. I heard the club felt he didn’t take his rehab very professionally when he broke his leg at the end of 21, and that it hampered his next 12 months as he never really got back to full fitness. He definitely has talent to be a first grader in the 1 or 6 imo.

I love Daine, wanted us to keep him, he has absolutely no attributes to be a modern day winger though. Very weird selection from Ivan. Penrith haven’t won a game he’s started in the wing.
Felt it was right to let him go. He’s a small body and as a fullback you tighten your sphincter every time a bomb goes up. As a 6 he’s got a bit about him but his front line defence is poor. Would be well down the pecking order for us if he were still here.

skeepe

Immortal
Nah, Timoko is 100% onside.

Unclear whether Savage made it back or not.
Once Timoko takes the intercept, all Raiders are onside. The only way Savage could be pinged there would be if the referee thinks him being offside changed the decision making of the passer. But he was near the line and not exerting any pressure so play on was correct.

Great win. Grant Atkins should be loaded into a cannon and shot into the sun.

Fangs

Coach
Once Timoko takes the intercept, all Raiders are onside. The only way Savage could be pinged there would be if the referee thinks him being offside changed the decision making of the passer. But he was near the line and not exerting any pressure so play on was correct.

Great win. Grant Atkins should be loaded into a cannon and shot into the sun.

How nice of you to show up.

The Raiders, Knights and Broncos have done their bit. They needed to win and they did. The blowtorch is now on the Dargons.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Great win Raiders. The hurt in Voss’ voice was delicious . Ricky to reference the Raiders’ DNA at least 10 times in the presser .
And Sticky did it with one hand tied behind his back (Danny Levi). No referencing “DNA” in the present though . 4D chess. Saving it for when they make the 8 .

Warrimoo3

Juniors
And Sticky did it with one hand tied behind his back (Danny Levi). No referencing “DNA” in the present though . 4D chess. Saving it for when they make the 8 .
Speaking of Voss , I came across (bad choice of words) an article on abc.net.au posted on 26//6/20 by someone named Jack Snape titled “How One tweak turned the rugby league scrum from joke to scintillating weapon”

“ We either fix it up or get rid of it” Voss told Penthouse magazine in 2017 . I have 2 questions . Does Voss still have his complimentary copy and is it still in a readable condition?

gerg

Juniors
Yep we have struggled without him over the 3 years.

Good on Canberra, they deserved the win. But Canberra and Rapana gave away 5 straight penalties in the first half for repeated infringements on the line, no sin bin. WTF…

At least Whitehead got a win on his farewell.

Atkins was going pretty whistle happy there for a ten minute period, culminating with him blowing a penalty for god only knows what after that grubber was put through. He appeared to be penalising the Raiders for something (?) then it turned out to be against the Panthers. I had to watch it a few times to try and hear what he was saying. I think he was penalising the dummy half for being in front of the kicker even though no chasers were anywhere near the ball as it went over the deadball line. He must have realised he'd completely f***ed up because he stopped interrupting the game every 2 minutes after that.

skeepe

Immortal
How nice of you to show up.
I’m sorry that my having a family commitment appears to have inconvenienced you.

If you would like to discuss this further, I suggest you shove your head up your sphincter and converse with the contents of your rectum.

soc123_au

Staff member
I’m sorry that my having a family commitment appears to have inconvenienced you.

If you would like to discuss this further, I suggest you shove your head up your sphincter and converse with the contents of your rectum.
Needs more Jakanape.

Fangs

Coach

Too undergraduate for my liking.