What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R26 Fri - Canterbury v Manly @ Accor

Round 26: Canterbury v Manly

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Game_Breaker

Coach
i swear i heard on triple M earlier this week they are predicting 40k + to this game

is this fair dinkum?

The good sections have already been sold out
GA and Away section remains
Lower bowl of Accor should be mostly full on Friday I say so close to 40K is reasonable, but away fans section won’t be sold out I say so probably just shy of 40K

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Manly looked like had connected to the Raiders’ communal brain last week(the one that lowers your footy IQ to almost undetectable levels. ) Kurt Mann is a big loss for the Bulldogs. Ciraldo has been using him very effectively to run at tired forwards. Talking about Ciraldo , he is probably the only coach who can change tactics not only on a weekly basis but also on the fly during matches. Unlike Brian Smith his tactical changes are largely successful.

The Bulldogs have also built a team that Brian Smith used to dream of. One which isn’t overly reliant on one or two players. Speaking of tactics, I had a look at the Bulldogs/Roosters match at the central coast earlier this year. I was mightily impressed with the Bulldogs even though they were on the wrong side of the scoreboard. The Roosters scored two flukey tries from Walker’s kicks and another by Don Young from a blatant forward pass.

I watched this particular game because Kiraz played centre and Skelton was on the wing. Skelton had a great game apart from 1 unforced error. Kiraz was also excellent. Interestingly they both have left foot steps and very strong left hand fends and playing together on the right repeatedly beat the defence on their outside by stepping towards the sideline. Talau and Hopoate will have their hands full. Skelton also jammed in on the Roosters centre with possibly the hit of the year. Prime Jorge Taufua .

Manly will need to present a straight defensive line to Skelton and stop him before he winds up. No Crichton means the Bulldogs right side will be vulnerable. In Gosford it was Salmon/Sexton/Kiraz/Skelton. Salmon is an average 1st grader who can probably pump out 20 odd minutes before he gets tired and makes mistakes. Manly might get some joy kicking behind Skelton. He’s also vulnerable under the high ball and was hooked in the 2nd half by Ciraldo earlier in the year .

The Manly triumvirate of DCE/Garrick/Saab is vulnerable. DCE is generally a very good defender but sometimes rushes up to leave a yawning gap behind him. Saab often comes in to “help” Garrick in defence but only succeeds in presenting a saloon passage for the opposite winger. Kikau running at DCE will be a game within a game. Brooks’s clearing kicks have a very low trajectory and have “charge down” written all over them. Kikau will be licking his lips.

If Crichton is the buy of the year Connor Tracey must be a close second. His speed and ability to join into backline movements give the Bulldogs a point of difference not seen since the Luke Patten days. Sexton loves to dummy and run.

If Tom Turbo plays like his namesake in Rugby League Live with all cheats enabled and DCE plays at his best then I suppose anything could happen but I think the Bulldogs will win with Addo Carr scoring a hat trick.

dogslife

Coach
Manly looked like had connected to the Raiders’ communal brain last week(the one that lowers your footy IQ to almost undetectable levels. ) Kurt Mann is a big loss for the Bulldogs. Ciraldo has been using him very effectively to run at tired forwards. Talking about Ciraldo , he is probably the only coach who can change tactics not only on a weekly basis but also on the fly during matches. Unlike Brian Smith his tactical changes are largely successful.

The Bulldogs have also built a team that Brian Smith used to dream of. One which isn’t overly reliant on one or two players. Speaking of tactics, I had a look at the Bulldogs/Roosters match at the central coast earlier this year. I was mightily impressed with the Bulldogs even though they were on the wrong side of the scoreboard. The Roosters scored two flukey tries from Walker’s kicks and another by Don Young from a blatant forward pass.

I watched this particular game because Kiraz played centre and Skelton was on the wing. Skelton had a great game apart from 1 unforced error. Kiraz was also excellent. Interestingly they both have left foot steps and very strong left hand fends and playing together on the right repeatedly beat the defence on their outside by stepping towards the sideline. Talau and Hopoate will have their hands full. Skelton also jammed in on the Roosters centre with possibly the hit of the year. Prime Jorge Taufua .

Manly will need to present a straight defensive line to Skelton and stop him before he winds up. No Crichton means the Bulldogs right side will be vulnerable. In Gosford it was Salmon/Sexton/Kiraz/Skelton. Salmon is an average 1st grader who can probably pump out 20 odd minutes before he gets tired and makes mistakes. Manly might get some joy kicking behind Skelton. He’s also vulnerable under the high ball and was hooked in the 2nd half by Ciraldo earlier in the year .

The Manly triumvirate of DCE/Garrick/Saab is vulnerable. DCE is generally a very good defender but sometimes rushes up to leave a yawning gap behind him. Saab often comes in to “help” Garrick in defence but only succeeds in presenting a saloon passage for the opposite winger. Kikau running at DCE will be a game within a game. Brooks’s clearing kicks have a very low trajectory and have “charge down” written all over them. Kikau will be licking his lips.

If Crichton is the buy of the year Connor Tracey must be a close second. His speed and ability to join into backline movements give the Bulldogs a point of difference not seen since the Luke Patten days. Sexton loves to dummy and run.

If Tom Turbo plays like his namesake in Rugby League Live with all cheats enabled and DCE plays at his best then I suppose anything could happen but I think the Bulldogs will win with Addo Carr scoring a hat trick.
This type of well articulated thought and in depth analysis is not welcome on these forums. Now say something about Penrith.

Grapple

Bench

Tell us you're AI without telling us you're AI.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
While I’m at it , what’s with this skipping when hitting the ball up by Koula and Garrick? Any high school physics student would know that the only thing that happens when both feet are off the ground is a loss of speed and momentum. It’s just a bad ingrained habit which should have been rectified by the coaching staff. In the words of the master of double negatives , Craig Bellamy, “you ain’t fooling nobody”.

Manly’s tactic of a Tom Turbo hit up on the 5th is akin to driving your Ferrari into a brick wall. Bulldogs supporters are still being treated for PTSD after years of watching 3 metre hit ups on the 5th by Aidan Tolman .

KOMORI

Bench
I hope the team that plays Canterbury this afternoon actually turns up…. According to the media there is ONLY THE DOGS, and some other club, playing at Brookvale this afternoon. Seeing as that is Manly’s home ground I’m thinking it’s them, but honestly can’t be too sure about that given the media coverage 😂

Edit: it’s not at Brookie… maybe that’s why I thought Manly are playing?? WHO IS PLAYING?!?!

KOMORI

Bench
While I’m at it , what’s with this skipping when hitting the ball up by Koula and Garrick? Any high school physics student would know that the only thing that happens when both feet are off the ground is a loss of speed and momentum. It’s just a bad ingrained habit which should have been rectified by the coaching staff. In the words of the master of double negatives , Craig Bellamy, “you ain’t fooling nobody”.

Manly’s tactic of a Tom Turbo hit up on the 5th is akin to driving your Ferrari into a brick wall. Bulldogs supporters are still being treated for PTSD after years of watching 3 metre hit ups on the 5th by Aidan Tolman .
Is that you Gus?? 😂😂

Grapple

Bench
I hope the team that plays Canterbury this afternoon actually turns up…. According to the media there is ONLY THE DOGS, and some other club, playing at Brookvale this afternoon. Seeing as that is Manly’s home ground I’m thinking it’s them, but honestly can’t be too sure about that given the media coverage 😂

Edit: it’s not at Brookie… maybe that’s why I thought Manly are playing?? WHO IS PLAYING?!?!

It'll be a good contest.

Manly will show up to play. They can attack from anywhere.

Game_Breaker

Coach

Sarcasm almost worked
If only you got the ground right

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmmmm....how do I look at this one?

Whoever loses, I win, because clubs can go f**k a box jellyfish

But then whoever wins, I lose, because both clubs can go f**k a box jellyfish.

Can I go for the box jellyfish?

Bazal

Post Whore
Holy bellends that's some stat...the last 36 Manly wins Tommy has played in, he has scored 51 fking tries.

Talk about a freak

Latest posts