What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R27 Fri - South Sydney v Sydney @ Accor

Round 27: South Sydney v Sydney

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

• Sydney Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Valheru

Coach
See you next week ;)

You are missing the point on Smith. He hasn't been in great form but it comprises your bench starting Watson. Leniu starting over JWH is the same problem and every Penrith fan knows why he has been parked on the bench since his debut.
I agree with you on leniu, better off the bench but we also don't need to start him. Butcher and May more than capable and everyone's favourite in JWH will be back for the 2nd finals game.

We also don't need to start Watson, dockar-clay has shown promise so if the priority is the bench there are options there to have it look like..

Watson
leniu
whyte
Butcher

When JWH returns may can go back there too.

Fangs

Coach
I agree with you on leniu, better off the bench but we also don't need to start him. Butcher and May more than capable and everyone's favourite in JWH will be back for the 2nd finals game.

We also don't need to start Watson, dockar-clay has shown promise so if the priority is the bench there are options there to have it look like..

Watson
leniu
whyte
Butcher

When JWH returns may can go back there too.

You best hope that's the plan because Robbo has shown a few times this year that he is happy to start Leinu. Likewise Watson only recently has Zach been back in the frame. ZDC is a must and his service is fine. Still a risk with his inexperience in finals fixtures.

taste2taste

Juniors
Surely Robbo is going to rest his players ?
Win or lose they are finishing 3rd or 4th, give the players a rest and go into the semis fresh.

Was it last year that this game was a dead rubber and Robbo fielded a full strength team ? The Rabbits bashed them and then the Roosters went out in straight sets lol

Bazal

Post Whore
Win or lose they are finishing 3rd or 4th, give the players a rest and go into the semis fresh.

Was it last year that this game was a dead rubber and Robbo fielded a full strength team ? The Rabbits bashed them and then the Roosters went out in straight sets lol

They can't rest anyone bruv, didn't you hear Robbo?

ThEyVe LoSt AnOtHeR bLoKe

yobbo84

Coach
he doesn't strike me as a dude that forgets either, I've been looking forward to this for ages.
They've already played each other once since then, in Round 8 last year (when we beat you at the last minute and I actually thought we were going to amount to something, sigh)

soc123_au

Staff member
They've already played each other once since then, in Round 8 last year (when we beat you at the last minute and I actually thought we were going to amount to something, sigh)
Your last good game, how could I forget.

I don't think they came together that night, here hoping for some fireworks on Friday night.

Valheru

Coach

It's a tough decision actually because if we win we go in to 2nd and force Penrith to at least give a shit the following night. If it were the other way around he could name the best side possible and then make mass changes if Penrith won. They also have this one game to get some continuity in the halves.

I think it's best to go a little bit each way on it. Rest a couple but still put out a side capable of winning which isn't saying much against this version of souths.

I would definitely like to see Teddy rested. Get Manu back there to try and get him going before the finals. Sualli'i comes straight in and then both Billy Smith and Pauga returned form injury over the weekend so would like to see one of them get a run.

Keary is a tough one. You would think rest him but him and S Smith need the run together before the finals. I would give Crighton the night off after his heavy workload this season. Collins might be wise as well but maybe it should be Leniu because who knows what that lunatic will come up with.

Could potentially rest one of toops and young as well if they want to give both Pauga and Billy Smith a go.

yobbo84

Coach
Of course the Roosters should rest players. Mental if they play their guns in an essentially meaningless game for them. They could rest 4-5 blokes and still win easily.

We have no players, and their injury "crisis" is overblown.

Look at the backlines for heaven's sakes:

Tedesco, Tupou, Suaalii, Manu, Young, Keary, Smith
vs
Gray, Munro, Milne, Myers, Gagai, Walker, Hawkins

Then they have 4 origin players in their pack in Leniu, Crichton, Collins and Watson.

I'd kill to have their injury "crisis".

Latest posts