What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R4 Thu - Sydney 16-22 Penrith @ Allianz

Round 4: Sydney v Penrith

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fangs

Coach
Now that the NRL has admitted they got the Manu try wrong it's incredible to think the Roosters were thoroughly outplayed but would have won if that try was awarded.

I don't think the panthers are a shoe in to win this year, Storm handled them easily and Broncos, Roosters can beat them too.

Not really how it works though.

Gift the Roosters a try and Penrith just go up another gear. The game was over after the Edwards try in the 14th minute.

Were the Panthers playing within them selves when they couldn't score a piont against a Melbourne team without papps, Munster and NAS ?
Were they also playing with in themselves when they couldn't beat a NSW cup level team in Wigan ?
Well I thought they definitely did last night. We didn’t help ourselves with a ton of drop ball

Fangs

Coach
I think you guys toy with most teams. Reckon you are definitely playing within yourselves atm and no need to show all your cards just yet. Don’t know if it was shown on TV but saw it on the big screen at the ground. Radley puts a good hit on Luai. Jarome just smiles and pats him on the head which he might not have done if we had worried them at all. A sign for me the game was just a step up from a training run.

I was befuddled by the crowd on that hit. He was standing still and got put on the ground. Nothing special about it. Maybe just because it was Luai.

Definately got the biggest cheer of the night.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Were the Panthers playing within them selves when they couldn't score a piont against a Melbourne team without papps, Munster and NAS ?
Were they also playing with in themselves when they couldn't beat a NSW cup level team in Wigan ?
A trial and round 1.....you can cling to that if it helps. Let's see how that works out the first week of October

Michael Matral

Juniors
You're having a laugh right? Wigan was a meaningless trial..Melbourne gave one of the best defensive clinics in years to keep it to an 8 point margin, and since then we have dominated Brisbane, Parra and the Roosters. That's on top of 3 straight premierships..and appearing in the last 4 GF's..I'll let myself out..

horrie hastings

First Grade
Now that the NRL has admitted they got the Manu try wrong it's incredible to think the Roosters were thoroughly outplayed but would have won if that try was awarded.

I don't think the panthers are a shoe in to win this year, Storm handled them easily and Broncos, Roosters can beat them too.
That's interesting because the highlights on the NRL site usually show even the disallowed tries but the Manu disallowed try wasn't in the highlights of the game, i wanted to look at it again when i got home from the game.
I usually record the games myself but had two other things recording last night that clashed with the game .

Munky

Coach
The refs don't give piggy back penalties in a close game.

The Roosters get no where near the Panther half without ref assistance if the score was closer in the 70th minute.

Pretty damning on Keary/Walker that they need Gee to control field position.

soc123_au

Staff member
Why does everyone buy into the commentators always saying it just needs to touch a blade of grass. No. It needs to be 'GROUNDED'. That means downward pressure on the ground not scraping the grass above the ground.
View attachment 85807
In possession it touches the grass it’s a try. If the ball is on the ground and it’s a touch on the lower half of the ball no try.
In the one last night the ball is heading down toward the ground, a touch is downward pressure, the pressure can be equivalent to that of a butterfly landing, doesn’t need to equal a bite from a Komodo Dragon

Apey

Staff member
Tago no try was right.

The obstruction + knock on tries were wrong though and cancel each other out.

MRN

Juniors
In possession it touches the grass it’s a try. If the ball is on the ground and it’s a touch on the lower half of the ball no try.
In the one last night the ball is heading down toward the ground, a touch is downward pressure, the pressure can be equivalent to that of a butterfly landing, doesn’t need to equal a bite from a Komodo Dragon
You show me any official source or a quote from an NRL official that states it only has to touch the top of the grass in grounding.
The only people I have ever heard say it are commentators from Fox and Nine. And they've used that quote numerous times in similar circumstances and been wrong every time as the try was disallowed.

soc123_au

Staff member
You show me any official source or a quote from an NRL official that states it only has to touch the top of the grass in grounding.
The only people I have ever heard say it are commentators from Fox and Nine. And they've used that quote numerous times in similar circumstances and been wrong every time as the try was disallowed.
Show me the bit where it specifies penetration depth or nm of pressure

MRN

Juniors
Show me the bit where it specifies penetration depth or nm of pressure
Undergrounding 'Grounding' in the NRL rule book, points A and B.
Ground by definition is 'solid surface of the earth'.
Grass is a ground covering.

Always the refs and bunkers fault but never the drop ball, forward passes, errors, mistakes, lack of concentration when competing in moments, drop of energy, defensive lapses, not reading attacking shape properly etc etc etc
Yep. We were guilty of all of that. No bitching from the Roosters fans I know. We were there and saw we were soundly beaten so don’t give a shit about the controversies. Better team won in the end. Simple as that.

This Year?

Immortal
The cucks were so beta that they struggled to penetrate the pink wall.

#incelthings

Is this how it's done?