What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 16 - Vs Sea Eagles

callmack1

Staff member
We've just had one of the best weekends of the Season, but it's time to come back down to earth and start looking forward to our clash against Manly on Saturday night.

Our old foes Manly. Another traditional rival of ours with our rivalry stretching back almost 80 years now. And boy, has it been one hell of a rivalry that includes plenty of feeling. It's no secret both sides don't like each other. Well, everyone hates Manly anyway. But in all seriousness, it has been one heck of a rivalry that's included countless big games and big moments including plenty of Grand Finals and Finals. Look forward to resuming it again on Saturday.

It's going to be a bit of a tough one as we will be missing our Origin stars in Cam and Trell. Those are huge losses which will be extremely hard to overcome in such key positions but I'm glad Madge didn't take anyone else like Cody.

That is offset but the loss of their Origin stars in DCE, Jurbo and Olakau'atu as well though. Plus, they had three injuries to key players last night. So, it will be a bit of a depleted Manly side we're playing which may help. However, they're still a good side who are on the up, so we have to be ready.

Can we win this and stretch our run to four in a row? It's not going to be easy, but I think we are capable.

Looking forward to the week!

Glory, Glory.

Hellray

Juniors
Wighton
Johnston
Milne
Kennar
Gagai
Tuepa
Walker
Moale
Cook
Keppie
Chee Kam
Arrow
Kaloamatagi

Mamazoulos
Duncan
Le Blanc
Burgess

speedster

Juniors
Good to see the vids of Jye Gray running freely at training with no strapping. He could be a timely in this week with Latrell out. Also a bit of footage of Campbell taking some high balls. He won't be ready as yet but some time after the round 17 bye would be awesome.

assess5

Juniors
Good to see the vids of Jye Gray running freely at training with no strapping. He could be a timely in this week with Latrell out. Also a bit of footage of Campbell taking some high balls. He won't be ready as yet but some time after the round 17 bye would be awesome.
Just when Mitchell actually puts in some effort for a change Souths lose him to State of Origin.

doyen

Bench
MANLY will be without-
Sipley,Paseka,Waddell,Garrick,Jake Trbojevic,DCE,Olakau'atu,Lodge,Aloiai,Woods &Matterson for the game against STHS---of course, the best TURBO too---we should be strong favourites in this game at Accor !!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday babyyyy!!!!

And it's a good one this week for Round 16 against Manly! The side is pretty much as expected with Jye Gray finally making his return! Couldn't have timed it better as he returns from injury in a straight swap for Trell! How good?! I can't wait to see more of him.

The other change from last week is obviously Liam Le Blanc to make his debut from the bench in place of Cam. This is equally exciting! A quick rise but well deserved and I can't wait to see what he's got.

Otherwise, the side is unchanged, as it should be. I like it!

callmack1

Staff member

Meant to post this yesterday, some awesome shots of training on Wednesday there as the boys prep for Saturday. I especially loved the video of all the boys in a huddle and you can hear Cody talking, saying something along the lines of, "they're going to come into this confident because of the way they played over the weekend, the way we take that away is by....." I didn't catch the rest of it, but it sounded like there was a bit of intensity there. Love that!!!

Also, who goal kicks for us on Saturday night? There was a bit of activity on Souths' socials yesterday about it maybe being Keaon, but I'm not sure if that was just a piss take. He was slotting them from everywhere to be fair.

Getting a little nervous about the game as the week goes on. I'm worried we're going to take them lightly.

callmack1

Staff member
Junior appreciation Round this week!

callmack1

Staff member

Some great pics and vids from the captain's run today there! The boys look like they're ready, hope they are.

Based on the Bunnies TV footage and those stories, we look 1-17.

So keen for tomorrow!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Cody will GK. Shaq just started running.

Tatola gone for year and Campbell and Munro mightn’t be back have to be careful with them Hornby said

Rabbits20

Immortal
So Hornby spoke highly of Pete today to the media haven’t got quite as many mins into him as we like but hoping to give him more upcoming if we can and says he’s ready to start next year and he has great faith in him

callmack1

Staff member

Onya Blancy!!! That is a pretty crazy story to be honest. Being diagnosed with that, then he goes on to make his NRL debut in the same year?! Nuts! Can't wait to see how he goes tomorrow night.

callmack1

Staff member
Here we go yet again as our favourite day of the week is finally here once more, game day!!! Get up, get your colours on and get ready to go today my fellow South Sydney members and fans! I certainly am. Pretty juiced for tonight, can't wait to be honest. Really keen!

It's an interesting one tonight as we take on a Manly side that is severely depleted. No DCE, no Jurbo, no Olakau'atu, no Garrick, no Paseka; they really have copped a hammering with Origin and suspension for this one. On paper, that makes this game a little easier and in reality, the way we're going and with the guys they have out, we should be winning this. However, even saying that is exactly what worries me. The Sea Eagles will go into this one with a real 'backs against the wall' mentality, and they are a club that absolutely thrives off that. It will fuel a real fire for them, and they'll turn up pretty pumped up, I'm sure. This is a fire that will continue to burn brighter the longer they are in the game.

For us, the key to extinguishing that is to get on the board early tonight, and just carry on from there. We have to take that feeling away from them, and then go on with it. I'm confident we can do that. I really hope so anyway. People seem to forget that we have just as many players unavailable for this game as Manly, but I think that seems less relevant because of the way we're going currently without those guys.

As I said, on paper, this a game we should really be winning. If we turn up with the same attitude we have in the last for games, show the kind of effort we have been, and apply ourselves the way we have been, we can win this. But turn up to Accor tonight thinking it will be an easy win, and we'll have our pants around our ankles. So, it's a good test of how mentally strong our team is tonight.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the squad steps up without Trell and Cam. Can't wait to see Jye play again and of course, Le Blanc's debut.

Can't wait to resume the story with Manly! Another traditional rival of ours with our rivalry stretching back almost 80 years now. And boy, has it been one hell of a rivalry that includes plenty of feeling. It's no secret both sides don't like each other. Well, everyone hates Manly anyway. But in all seriousness, it has been one heck of a rivalry that's included countless big games and big moments including plenty of Grand Finals and Finals. Who takes this one?

It's a big night. Crucial game to see if we can keep this run going, a clash against a bitter rival, and Junior Appreciation Round. Let's go!!

Glory, Glory.