What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 20 - Vs Tigers

callmack1

Staff member
Yooohooooo!!! It certainly wasn't pretty, and it wasn't the performance we were all hoping for, but it was an entertaining game, and a win, nonetheless. As they say, a win's a win and we'll certainly take it.

I am a little disappointed in the boys performance, we have really taken a step backwards in the last couple of weeks, especially the defence. The Tigers were really good. They were desperate and certainly stood up and stuck it to us, but I think if we were at our best, or at least at the level we were during our winning streak, we still put the cleaners through them. The lads were sadly not at that level.

Defence was absolute dogshit, let's be honest. Our first contact wasn't where it needed to be and our physicality was down. I shudder when looking at the missed tackle count from yesterday. On top of this, I thought our linespeed was back to being near non-existent and this allowed the Tigers to get an easy roll on and pour through our middle in nearly every set, most of them anyway. Then some of the reads we came up with were just poor. But it comes down to attitude for mine. The boys simply weren't in the right headspace and didn't want to make their tackles the way they have been. They didn't have that defensive mindset which was disappointing. Concedeing 28 points against the friggin Tigers is unacceptable. There's no way to sugarcoat it, the defence was really poor.

We're lucky that our attack fired the way it did. Really lucky. No issues with anything we did with the ball, it looked scintillating at times. Some amazing tries out there! Great to watch and all our big gun attacking players fired. This was all built on the back of a very high completion rate where we barely made any errors, so that's pretty pleasing.

So really, it was just one of those rollercoaster games where you have to win in a shootout. Defence goes out the window, and it's just all-out attack. Thankfully, we were amazing in that area, and thankfully everyone stood up and got the job done when they needed to.

Extremely happy to get the win and I'm celebrating that one!!! Yoooohoooooooo!!! We march on!

Glory, Glory.

callmack1

Staff member

assess5

Juniors
The squad is missing two starting centres, and one is Graham, our best player in recent years. Plus Mitchell is out. That leaves a giant gap in the squad. Cook had to fill in out wide which exacerbates the existing absentee problem. Let's not be too hard on the squad.
No shit sherlock, talk about stating the bleeding obvious.