What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 22 - Vs Sharks

callmack1

Staff member
We have to shake off that Raiders loss and move on as quickly as possible into the next week. This time, it's Round 22 and we're taking on Cronulla at Shark Park. We all know what a shit hole that place is, an absolute dung heap. Apparently, it's one of the worst Stadiums to watch a game of Footy at, which would make painting it Red and Green on Saturday all the more sweeter if we could.

It's the NRL's Women In League Round, a chance for players, coaches, staff and us fans, to think of all the important women in our lives and we also celebrate the women doing amazing work in our game. It's a great Round.

Anyway, on the actual game, boy are we up against it this week. The Sharks haven't exactly been setting the world on fire of late, so it's probably not the worst time to play them, but they are still a genuine top eight team and a much better side than us this year if we're honest. I'm not confident this week at all, and I don't think we have any reason to be confident. If we were at full strength, or close to it, then different story and I think we'd beat them well, but not right now. We are completely and utterly decimated and at this point of the Season, are basically running on fumes. Cronulla are starting to prep themselves for Finals Footy, and while they have a few out, if you look across their likely line up compared to ours, it's a stark contrast. I really hate to say it, and I really hope I'm wrong, but I struggle to see anything other than a Sharks' win this week.

Sorry to be depressing but we have to be realistic and it's just the situation we find ourselves in. It's just been one of those years.

In saying that, I'm still looking forward to the game, and I bet ya I'll still be pumped on Saturday, and will cheer on the boys with everything I've got. Who knows, anything is possible, it's just 17 men against 17 men at the end of the day. Imagine if we did manage to somehow pull this off, it would be one of our most gutsy wins ever.

Surely the bounce-back factor will be there for our boys. They'll all be incredibly disappointed with what they dished up on Sunday and will hopefully be amped to make amends. That's gotta count for something right. I just want to see an improved performance, especially defensively. Having Cam back will be a huge boost, and I really hope Cody is right to play too. We need him.

So, backs against the wall and looking extremely unlikely, but let's get behind our team this week. We are all Souths til we die and the boys need us, now more than ever.

Bring on Saturday!!!

Glory, Glory.

Hellray

Juniors
So Murray and Kennar will come back in but lose Johnston.

Kennar can cover wing but I don’t want to see Chee Kam at centre again, he was awful there.

It’s time to blood Myers if for nothing else but a better goal kicking option.

The bench needs to be
Chee kam
Duncan
Burgess
Havili

PM didn’t play well and his passing was below par, give him some more consistent time in Reggie’s for a few weeks.

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Mamazelous not first grade material. One of JD Greek compatriots who got re-signed.

Line up for this week based on the players we got

1. Gray
2. Kennar
3. Myers (debut)
4. Milne
5. Gagai
6. Wighton
7. Dion Teaupua (Cody will be out)
8. Keppie
9. Cook
10. Moale
11. Duncan
12. Muarry
13. KK

14. Haivili
15. Chee Kam
16. Burgess
17. Host

Hellray

Juniors
Mamazelous not first grade material. One of JD Greek compatriots who got re-signed.

1. Gray
2. Kennar
3. Myers (debut)
4. Milne
5. Gagai
6. Wighton
8. Keppie
9. Cook
10. Moale
11. Duncan
12. Muarry
13. KK

14. Haivili
15. Chee Kam
16. Burgess
17. Host
Oh I forgot about Walker limping off.
Tuepa will do his job if called upon.

callmack1

Staff member
So Murray and Kennar will come back in but lose Johnston.

Kennar can cover wing but I don’t want to see Chee Kam at centre again, he was awful there.

It’s time to blood Myers if for nothing else but a better goal kicking option.

The bench needs to be
Chee kam
Duncan
Burgess
Havili

PM didn’t play well and his passing was below par, give him some more consistent time in Reggie’s for a few weeks.

1. Gray
2. Kennar
3. Myers (debut)
4. Milne
5. Gagai
6. Wighton
8. Keppie
9. Cook
10. Moale
11. Duncan
12. Muarry
13. KK

14. Haivili
15. Chee Kam
16. Burgess
17. Host
Pretty much agree with both of these comments, although I think you're more likely to see Kennar back at right center and either Myers to debut on the left wing, or Thompson will play there.

speedster

Juniors
1- Jye Gray
2- Fletcher Myers
3- Taane Milne
4- Richie Kennar
5- Jacob Gagai
6- Jack Wighton
7- Cody Walker
8- Davvy Moale
9- Damien Cook
10- Sean Keppie
11- Cameron Murray (c)
12- Jacob Host
13- Keaon Koloamatangi

Interchange:

14- Michael Chee Kam
15- Siliva Havili
16- Thomas Burgess
17- Tallis Duncan
18- Dion Teaupa
19- Peter Mamouzelos
20- Shaquai Mitchell
21- Liam Le Blanc
22- Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson

speedster

Juniors
Interesting to see Myers get a run on the wing. I presume he will also take over the goal kicking.

Murray starts on an edge again but will also spend time in the middle.

Goodo!

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday!

And it's interesting, very interesting. Firstly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but happy to see Richie return in the centers. Let's be honest, since he's been playing there, he's actually done an admirable job. Not perfect by any means, but a far better option than Chee Kam.

Myers to debut is a big call but I think it's what we need. A bit of youth, a bit of speed and a bit of hopefully excitement! Not to mention his goal kicking so I'm happy to see him picked. Hope he kills it.

Cody named is a great sign! He's either good to go, or is 50/50. The fact he hasn't just been straight up ruled out is awesome. Hopefully he's sweet because boy do we need him.

Most of the pack is unchanged but all hail the return of the skipper!!!! A much-needed boost. He really needs to stand up and lead in this one.

What I'm not happy about is Duncan back to the bench while Host starts, and Chee Kam still being in the side. What the f**k. Surely Le Blanc was a better option.

It's also rough for Pete to be dropped, but totally fair. He hasn't been up to it lately. With Havili on the bench, he's kind of surplus to our needs right now.

All in all, if that's the way we run out, it's not a horrendous side. It could be better of course, but it's not a disaster.

Will not being a disaster be enough to beat Cronulla? I don't know, but I can't wait to find out!! I'm actually feeling a little better after seeing the side.