What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 25 - Vs Knights

speedster

Juniors
Motivation looks to be very low amongst the group. They try to lift themselves for the occasion and make an effort but it's pretty thin and washes away pretty quickly when the scoreboard ticks over quickly in the wrong direction. Guys are no longer working hard off the ball and are leaving gaps that can't be closed with shoulders but only arms.

The final 2 weeks are going to be ugly I fear. Or uglier. We appear safe from the spoon but could well finish 16th the way it's shaping. 15th or 16th - either way it's a disaster of a season. We all want to press the fast forward button and I guess the players are no different.

Eric the great

Juniors
q
Motivation looks to be very low amongst the group. They try to lift themselves for the occasion and make an effort but it's pretty thin and washes away pretty quickly when the scoreboard ticks over quickly in the wrong direction. Guys are no longer working hard off the ball and are leaving gaps that can't be closed with shoulders but only arms.

The final 2 weeks are going to be ugly I fear. Or uglier. We appear safe from the spoon but could well finish 16th the way it's shaping. 15th or 16th - either way it's a disaster of a season. We all want to press the fast forward button and I guess the players are no different.
2 weeks till nightmare is over and hopefully look forward to 2025

Eric the great

Juniors
Unfortunately it's going to be a very slow and painful 2 weeks though Eric. But we can get excited about Wayne arriving in October and getting things right again.
I’ve never liked the off-season but this year I can’t wait for it our only bit of hope is the two sides we play rest most of there squad

Steenson123

Juniors

The player motivation appeared to end after that strong performance @ The Eels in very wet conditions. They probably thought "oh well we have avoided last place at least".
However players such as Gray, Duncan, Gagai, S. Mitchell, Keppie, Myers et al they should have focused on displaying growth and confidence at A Grade level. They should have used this two months to show Bennett they can shine at the level required, not knocked off and coasted to a 16 or 15 finish.

truthslayer

Juniors
The player motivation appeared to end after that strong performance @ The Eels in very wet conditions. They probably thought "oh well we have avoided last place at least".
However players such as Gray, Duncan, Gagai, S. Mitchell, Keppie, Myers et al they should have focused on displaying growth and confidence at A Grade level. They should have used this two months to show Bennett they can shine at the level required, not knocked off and coasted to a 16 or 15 finish.
well i think gray and duncan did ,but as for the others mentioned mitchell unfit, myers pathetic , i could name a few more

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
This is dumb.
What do you think Gray has been doing, picking his nose?
But you expect him to be a Dally M winner behind a pathetic forward pack, no threats in the centres, one half of the halves duo missing, and a rake that is on a steep decline?
He has been the one bright light in this horror show.
Gagai has been good in limited opportunities because the side has basically been defending more than attacking, and when they have attacked, they have been going left i.e. Wighton's side.
Shaq needs to decide whether he wants to play or not. There are plenty of players who want that jersey if he doesn't.
Keppie has very low IQ.
Duncan needs to work on his defense.
The rest are just fill-in reserve graders, yet you want them to be world-beaters?
Milne is the only one who has realised that he is playing for a contract, and is putting in 100% in every game. He has even developed a very handy offload.

truthslayer

Juniors
Well, more fool me for thinking we were a chance. I really don't know why I did because that was diabolical in the end last night. I thought we had sunk to a new low last week against the Tigers, but it could have just hit a new low in this one. My God.

I thought we started great! Really good in fact. They might have scored first through our ill-discipline (which was the only downer to start with), but then we had a great period there where the boys were way on top and looking pretty good to be honest. I kept saying to my girlfriend "the boys are really up for this tonight," and it certainly looked that way. I was really hoping we'd go on with it, but not to be.

From the moment we didn't take the two, and Wighton kicked out on the full, it was complete and utter garbage. We well and truly imploded. From there, it was much the same issues. Poor discipline, awful, and I mean awful defence that was simply not up to first grade standard, and we just had nothing in attack.

It's not even really worth thinking about or talking about too much, but I was particularly disappointed with the defensive effort. How many times did we let one of their outside backs just stroll through us? Plenty of pathetic arm grabbing or shockingly bad reads along the way. That was the difference last night, and God, it was awful.

Then, I was pissed off in the second half that once we got behind by a bit, the boys just played the same old one-out, process driven bullshit. It was infuriating! Felt like Taane was the only one trying to do something different to flip momentum out there.

I guess, what can we expect? It's a near-reserve grade side, especially the backline so what can we really expect?

Keppie was laughable, Keaon lazy and barely involved, Gags' involvement was down, Ty Ty was good with the ball but dreadful without it, Wighton and Milne had some terrible defence, Myers came crashing back down to earth with an awful game, Mamouzelos just sucked as he stifled our attack with shit and slow service, Tom barely played, Hawkins ineffective. Just a bad night had by all really. The only guys who i really thought played great were Murray (who was our man of the match) and Duncan.

Awful night for members appreciation Round. Bring on the Off-Season.
agreed , i thought Moale and duncan had a go also. I am amazed except for murray who cosistently makes tackles around the legs others just wont put their body on the line , eg myers calamity rushing up trying to play touch footy. Embarrassing , tackle coaches take note , the video replay analysis must be like watching a horror movie.

themacemaceman

Juniors
This is dumb.
What do you think Gray has been doing, picking his nose?
But you expect him to be a Dally M winner behind a pathetic forward pack, no threats in the centres, one half of the halves duo missing, and a rake that is on a steep decline?
He has been the one bright light in this horror show.
Gagai has been good in limited opportunities because the side has basically been defending more than attacking, and when they have attacked, they have been going left i.e. Wighton's side.
Shaq needs to decide whether he wants to play or not. There are plenty of players who want that jersey if he doesn't.
Keppie has very low IQ.
Duncan needs to work on his defense.
The rest are just fill-in reserve graders, yet you want them to be world-beaters?
Milne is the only one who has realised that he is playing for a contract, and is putting in 100% in every game. He has even developed a very handy offload.
To be honest I’m still waiting to see gray do something. Everyone’s talking him up but all I see is what Taffe and Corey Allen gave us before him. I’m not saying he is playing bad at all but he doesn’t compare to some of the other young fullbacks lighting the comp up ( like Kinney and even Sharpe on the wing at the knights.

speedster

Juniors
I don't think their motivation has dropped intentionally but it certainly doesn't last anywhere close to the full 80 during the game. The players know when they're getting schooled by a superior opposition and superior individual opponents and they're not robots so it shows. Their heads drop just as ours do watching on.

The youngsters in the side will be learning plenty about the standards required in the NRL and will have plenty to work on during the preseason. They'll be better for it next year and beyond but right now, with 2 tough games to go, they look like they are aching for the finish line.