What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 26 - Vs Panthers

callmack1

Staff member
We head out West to Penrith this week to take on the Panthers in Round 26. I don't even know what to say about this one but it ain't gonna be pretty. Biggest challenge in the game and I can't see how we have any chance at all.

I don't even really want to talk about it, just get these next two weeks over and done with.

At least we'll get Cody back, but Cam is a big loss.

Strap in folks, things could get very bumpy this week.

God help us.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Be interesting to see if Myers plays centre again or whether Kennar comes back in.

They will probs name Cam tomorrow so we won’t know the side til closer to Friday. I don’t expect Cam to get it downgraded at the judiciary. Obviously Keaon plays lock if Cam does not get the downgrade and I’d say Host plays edge. Shaq injured too I guess Havili comes in.

I can’t get excited for this game Penrith will put close to 50 on us.

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday!

Pretty stock standard to face Penrith, basically minimal changes and all the changes are as expected. Great to have Cody back, and Liva on the bench too. Obviously, things will change if Cam can't get the downgrade, but that's about the best line up we can name right now.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hornby said the reason we challenged it on Cam is he wanted to play with Damien and Tom next week for their last games with us but it wasn’t to be

callmack1

Staff member

Good shots from the captain's run in both those links. Looks like everyone is good to go. They certainly seem relaxed, maybe a little too relaxed??

Nailed it there Benny. Our motivation for these two games has to be Cooky and Tom. That starts tomorrow night. I really don't want to send those two out with embarrassing performances.

callmack1

Staff member
Tyrone Munro's Mum passed away yesterday.

Oh my God, that is terribly sad! Feeling for him and my heart breaks for him. Thoughts go out to Ty Ty and his family.

You could completely understand if he wasn't up to playing tomorrow but wow, what an effort if he does. Love this kid.

This game has just gone up a notch in terms of emotion. I really hope the boys have Tyrone's Mum and him in their hearts tomorrow night.

handyman2190

Bench
Tyrone Munro's Mum passed away yesterday.

Oh my God, that is terribly sad! Feeling for him and my heart breaks for him. Thoughts go out to Ty Ty and his family.

You could completely understand if he wasn't up to playing tomorrow but wow, what an effort if he does. Love this kid.

This game has just gone up a notch in terms of emotion. I really hope the boys have Tyrone's Mum and him in their hearts tomorrow night.
Is it true callmack? Are u not a member

Rabbits20

Immortal
In the injurys thread southsydneyrabbitoh says glad he and callmack are not members,i didnt believe it so i asked
Callmack and I have been members a fair while we renew every year I have since 2011 when I could afford it.

Membership is the best way to support the club no members etc we would struggle to have a club people must forget how it felt when we were kicked out we do not wanna feel that again if you really care. Mum has only been to 3-4 games the last two years I still renew and pay her ticketed membership every year as it supports the club in the best way possible. If I buy merch I buy directly from the club

handyman2190

Bench
Callmack and I have been members a fair while we renew every year I have since 2011 when I could afford it.

Membership is the best way to support the club no members etc we would struggle to have a club people must forget how it felt when we were kicked out we do not wanna feel that again if you really care. Mum has only been to 3-4 games the last two years I still renew and pay her ticketed membership every year as it supports the club in the best way possible. If I buy merch I buy directly from the club
I agree 100% brother,ive been a member since i was 6

Rabbits20

Immortal
This will just be a shorter one. Well our second last game of the year is just about upon us. It’s a mighty hard trip to the foot of the mountains on a Friday Night. It’s hard to get excited for this one we just don’t have the troops I feel. But cmon boys go out there and have a dig and show some resolve and pride in the jersey. All the best to Tyrone tomorrow too it’s so brave of him to play considering look after him lads. I’d love to see Ty Ty get a try tomorrow night that would be a very emotional moment. Hard to believe it’s the second last games for Damien and Cookie as well.

One thing about the diehard Souths faithful is we stick together through thick and thin and stand shoulder to shoulder and we will never give up on Souths!

OK MY BUNNIES FAITHFUL EVERYONE ON YA FEET AT JUST BEFORE 8PM TOMORROW GLORY GLORY LETS GO RABBITOHS!!! SSTID

callmack1

Staff member
Good morning my fellow South Sydney tragics, we have a game on our hands today. That’s right, it’s game day!!! We take on the Panthers out there at the foot of the mountains. BlueBet Stadium, tonight in what is set to be an incredibly tough game for us.

I’m really not feeling too up for this one if I’m being completely honest, and I don’t really know what to say about it. All I do know, is that the result is pretty clear. This will be nothing but a big win for Penrith, by how much is all to determine. Honestly, I don’t know how we finish within 30 points of them. We’re going that bad at the moment, really limping to the end of this horrible Season and it looks like the boys have somewhat given up and checked out. Penrith on the other hand, will be smarting from two losses in a row and I have no doubt that their juggernaught will be ready to fire at home tonight. Gulp,,,,,,,

The best we can hope for today is a performance similar to the Storm game, where we just show some effort and make it respectable. That’s all I want to see apart from the fulltime whistle. Ughh, it’s just one of those years.

One thing that doesn’t change, despite us being shit, is my intense and bitter hatred for Penrith. They are smarmy, arrogant pricks with no respect. I really wish we could do something about it.

Come on lads!!! Just fire up tonight and do something please!!!!