What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 27 - Vs Roosters

Thadius

Juniors
Score flattered us but that’s ok.

It was a very poor Souths side selected and Hornby wears that, it was JD stuff.

Won’t have to see Hawkins, Host, Gagai and Keppie in first grade next year.

Big off season coming up, hope the newbies and Benny lift our fortunes.

Gray, you’re a f**king lion heart, hope you get thrown the halfback guernsey in the Charity, just to give us a look what might have been.

speedster

Juniors
Wayne has to find a spot for Jye Gray in our best 17 next season. No doubt.

Cody's not done just yet but little Jye is a gem that has to get a run and will eventually inherit the 6 jersey. I'd play him in the 14 to start the season and see how things pan out considering we will also have Wighton and Dodd floating around.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So nice to see Tommy score at the end.

The Munro try had everyone stamping their feet!

At least we didn’t give up.

I will miss Tom and Cookie greatly got tears in my eyes there. So proud of them but sad that’s it for them.

Oh and as for Atkins Solly was right there is corruption Atkins has it in for us always has. Some of those calls tonight 13-8 count 4-1 six agains to them they laid all over us. How fitting the year ended in an Atkins penalty you just knew it would end like that. Some of those calls tonight it was deliberate against us.

My oldest was 9 months old when Sammy arrived for 2010. I got some pre season training photos with Sammy holding him (along with Sutton and Axe). His first game was Sam’s debut in Rd 1.
My youngest was born late 2011. Together they’ve missed maybe 5/6 home games in 15 seasons and been to 3-5 away games a year. So for them, there’s always been a Burgii. Plus they’ve loved GI, AJ, Reyno, Cooky, Cody…

Last night, when Tommy scored, and despite it being our worst season in their life, they were still there, still cheering at the end, we just hugged a bit before waving Tommy and Cooky goodbye.

We started talking about eras on the way home and I told told them it’s special. I remember the 80s and dark 90s years fondly just because there was always plenty of memories of players and fans (some now sadly gone). Up or down, there’s always something to look forward to and Jye and Munro are the future excitement machines.

They’ll always be Souths fans. Even when I’m gone too, they’ll take their kids, and tell them tales about the 2010s and 2020s and of the big Burgess boys.

Thank for the memories lads.
Enjoy the off season. Loves youse all.