What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 4 - Vs Bulldogs

callmack1

Staff member
How was the captains run today?
Okay so today's captains run was pretty cool to be at! Next to no other fans there but that's okay, it was nice and low key.

Cam didn't train with Tallis in his place, however, I got the impression he will play because he came out a bit later and did some passing with the forwards, just didn't do the main session. There was no one out there that wasn't originally named to cover him on the bench either so I think he'll play.

Wighton trained fully. Keaon will play right, Hosty left.

In terms of the session, it was very similar to last week as they basically just ran through sets in different areas of the field and practiced a few plays. I will note that it all looked a little sharper and much more energetic than last week. The talk was good, there was a lot of chat out there with Latrell particularly vocal.

Everyone seemed happy and in good spirits.

Probably the biggest takeaway from the session was the kicking of Cody and Hawko though. Both were practicing spiral and floating bombs. They all looked great! Tough to catch. That's the only kicks they practiced and they did a lot so I'm wondering if that will be an area of focus and a change to our game. That made me walk away feeling good. It's much needed.

All round, a great morning out there today. I'm ready to go.

Hellray

Juniors
Maybe it's just me, but i don't get why everyone is so eager for Latrell to play centre? I get that he isn't great defensively but we knew this would be the case when he signed. In attack, pretty much anything good that has happened in the opening rounds has involved his hands being on the footy. Moving him to a flank will be to move the only attacking outlet we've had so far this year. As frustrating as he is, we need him at FB if we're going to score points.
I think it’s more for the fact everyone is pushing for Jye Gray to get promoted. Being he has been playing fullback the only way would be to move latrell.
Pretty certain if there wasn’t an almost ready fullback option the talk would be very quiet if not non existent

callmack1

Staff member

A very upbeat and positive JD in today's presser which is a complete flip from last week when he looked a man under pressure. I hope that means a complete flip in our performance. Of course, it could just be a front and it could be panic stations, but he comes across well. I completely agree with everything he says, but the thing is, we've all heard him say things like this for nearly a year now and nothing has changed so it's starting to fall on deaf ears.

Go out there tomorrow and friggin do it for once boys!! I'm getting nervous......

Hellray

Juniors
Okay so today's captains run was pretty cool to be at! Next to no other fans there but that's okay, it was nice and low key.

Cam didn't train with Tallis in his place, however, I got the impression he will play because he came out a bit later and did some passing with the forwards, just didn't do the main session. There was no one out there that wasn't originally named to cover him on the bench either so I think he'll play.

Wighton trained fully. Keaon will play right, Hosty left.

In terms of the session, it was very similar to last week as they basically just ran through sets in different areas of the field and practiced a few plays. I will note that it all looked a little sharper and much more energetic than last week. The talk was good, there was a lot of chat out there with Latrell particularly vocal.

Everyone seemed happy and in good spirits.

Probably the biggest takeaway from the session was the kicking of Cody and Hawko though. Both were practicing spiral and floating bombs. They all looked great! Tough to catch. That's the only kicks they practiced and they did a lot so I'm wondering if that will be an area of focus and a change to our game. That made me walk away feeling good. It's much needed.

All round, a great morning out there today. I'm ready to go.
Well with Taffe being the fullback south’s boys would definitely know what he struggles with catching high balls. So maybe that’s the plan, plenty of spirals straight up at their old buddy Blake.

Travitoh

First Grade
I think it’s more for the fact everyone is pushing for Jye Gray to get promoted. Being he has been playing fullback the only way would be to move latrell.
Pretty certain if there wasn’t an almost ready fullback option the talk would be very quiet if not non existent
Isn't Gray another half turned FB like Taaffe was, who the same people couldn't wait to see the back of?
I was impressed by him in the trial too but don't believe we should be moving our only attacking weapon to accommodate him. I see him more as a Cody replacement

Hellray

Juniors
Isn't Gray another half turned FB like Taaffe was, who the same people couldn't wait to see the back of?
I was impressed by him in the trial too but don't believe we should be moving our only attacking weapon to accommodate him. I see him more as a Cody replacement
Yeah exactly a Taffe clone. That’s my concern is once again we will play this guy out of his natural position of half and have him not play to his full capability due to being in and out of the team due to only getting time when latrell is hurt or suspended.

Unless south’s have huge hopes in Tuepa being the Cody replacement we should be giving Gray as much time as possible in the halves

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well here we are Game Day is just about upon us! Everyone tomorrow fire up and put those colours on as it’s Game Day! Back at home at Accor Stadium for the first time this year we have waited an eternity for this. Coming up against a strong fierce rival of ours in the Bulldogs in the Annual Good Friday match. We have had some classics over the years and I’m sure this one will be no different. I always enjoy this game as it’s an afternoon match as well with a good atmosphere. What’s more is that tomorrow I’m gonna be meeting a mate of mine we have been chatting for about 8-9 years and he’s like a brother to me just so passionate and crazy about Souths as I am too my mate Callum. I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time and finally he will be at a home game out on holiday from NZ. What makes it more special is that I’ll be right next to him at the game. It’s gonna be a special special day and geez I hope we can win.

Looking at us we had a terrible start to the year going 0 and 3 we are not playing well at all having lost our last 5 and 12 of our last 16 games I think it is that we have lost. We are in a hole there is enormous pressure on the club and JD there is no doubt about that. We are not playing that South Sydney football we know we can. Across the park we are getting a lot wrong and the boys are well down on confidence. I would like to see more desperation in defence, we need to limit our errors and not force plays. We need to win that middle or at least match them run hard and tackle hard. Do the little things right and things will happen and the bounce of the ball will turn our way. If everyone can do their job it’ll go a long way towards winning. We simply can not go 0 and 4 otherwise I do not think we can come back from that. Looking at the Dogs they aren’t playing too badly they had a very good win last week and they’re playing for one another. They will bring energy tomrrow. They have Ta’affe who will be looking forward to performing against us his old club. S. Crichton and Kiraz provide plenty out wide. Then they have Burton always a threat in the halves and some solid forwards as well with Kikau being a big danger. So we can not afford to switch off and give them opportunities otherwise they’ll make us pay. We simply have to want it more than them.

Well not long til the players come out here onto Accor Stadium for the Annual Good Friday clash. Great to see so much red and green in the stands for our first home game here let’s do all we can in the stands for the 80mins to get our boys the men in the Mighty Cardinal and Myrtle home today for our first win of the season!

Ok in the words of Jezza as we look down the tunnel here at Accor Stadium we can see the men in the blue and white making their way down the tunnel………….. Rabbitohs Members Rabbitohs Supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs!!!!

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1……………..

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FEET SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YA FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRAAABBBBIIITTOOOHHHSSSS!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!

P.S. Well done Hosty on game 100 go well mate.

GET EM ONSIDE GERRY BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY ARE ALL IN FRONT OF YOU

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT LEG PULL CMON GERRY

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN JERRY

BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO FORWARD PASS HAVE A LOOK TOUCHIE!!!

CMON GERRY WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH TEAMS

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

ALLL RABBITOHS STAND UP ALL RABBBITOHS STAND UP AAALLLLLLLLL RRRRAAAABBBBIIIITTTOOOHHHSSS

GO SOUTH SYDNEY GO SOUTH SYDNEY

WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG SINGING GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY!!!

Lets hope we are all belting out Glory Glory at FT tomorrow with a performance we can be proud of!

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Mitchell will have a good game and look like a superstar against the shit teams after today people will be beating his drums again. Once again defence wins comps and not attack. But his attacking brilliance against the shitter teams will take away from his atrocities in defensive positional play.

Souths to actually come out and make a statement win. But once again against the better teams look a shadow of themselves.

that will be the script for today.

callmack1

Staff member
Good morning my fellow South Sydney members and fans! Rise and shine, get up and get moving as easter is here. A massive day is here. Good Friday, and you know what that means, it's game day!!!! The easter Bunnies are on today and will take the field in our first game at home against one of our old foes in the Bulldogs. It doesn't get much bigger than this. The annual Good Friday clash which is always one of the biggest games of the year, against one of our most fierce rivals who we have nearly a 90-year history with, two of the most passionate clubs with two of the biggest and most passionate supporter bases, I'm sure the crowd will be heaving. Add to that that we are yet to have a win and are under just about the most pressure the club has ever been under and jeez, it's shaping up to be a gigantic day.

The stakes couldn't be higher honestly. Win today, and we relieve a lot of pressure, potentially kick-start our Season finally, and shut up the noise. But lose, and to be honest, I really don't even want to think about it. It'd be just about the lowest point the club has reached in a long time. The pressure is on, and I think I speak for all of us when I say I want this so friggin bad today.

Standing in our way is Canterbury and I honestly think this is going to be one of our tougher Good Friday fixtures for quite some time. They come into this one with a stronger side than they have fielded in the past and they'll be full of confidence after last week. They'll smell blood in the water the way we're going and would love to heap more misery on us, I'm sure. I'm relatively confident that we can get on top of them in the middle, but out wide, I am a little concerned. They have a fair bit of strike out there, especially with the likes of Ado-Carr, Kikau and Crichton now there. Our edge defence certainly isn't the best so that makes me nervous.

Really today, I just want to see one of those 'enough is enough' sort of performances. Where finally the boys stand up, sort their shit out and put in a performance we know they are all capable of. Cut the bullshit, lift and put some pride and passion back in that jersey. Lift your effort areas, hold the ball better, and we can win this!! Show them who we are. Show them we are South Sydney and we're still a threat in 2024.

I'll be there, a huge occasion for me as it's my first ever Souths home game. I'll be in the Burrow shouting and screaming my lungs out so let's friggin gooooooooo!!!!!

Let's hope this is a great Friday, not just a good one.

I'm nervous, but excited. So ready.

Glory, Glory.

callmack1

Staff member

Travitoh

First Grade
Mitchell will have a good game and look like a superstar against the shit teams after today people will be beating his drums again. Once again defence wins comps and not attack. But his attacking brilliance against the shitter teams will take away from his atrocities in defensive positional play.

Souths to actually come out and make a statement win. But once again against the better teams look a shadow of themselves.

that will be the script for today.
What about the defence of the 12 in front of him?
I agree that his positioning can be questionable at times, but instead of moving our only attacking threat because of it, why don't we get someone in to coach him? This has quickly become the first year with him at FB that we don't have premiership aspirations so why not use it to improve him for future seasons?