What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

BradS

Juniors
I just had the displeasure of sharing security at Sydney Airport with N Politis

a few more drinks should help…..

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
2025 going to be a rebuild year expect the same results hopefully well be lining up like this rd1 below you can see the squad of top 30 which obviously shows that there is absolutley no cap space until we release players.

1. Munro
2. Tass
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Campbell Graham
6. Walker
7. Dodd
8. Moale
9. Humpreys
10. KK
11. Aitken
12. Arrow
13. Muarry

14. Ilias
15. Duncan
16. Tatola
17. Keppie
18. Schuster
19. Milne
20. Host
21. Haivili
22. Gray
23. Shaq
24. Johnston
25.Fletcher Myers
26. Thomas Fletcher
27. Liam le Blanc
28. Peter Mamazolous
29. Ben Lovett
30. ?

So you can see how our cap is stuffed for next year as all these players are contracted and no room to move.

With 2026 hoping to buy some players and get rid of dead wood like:

1. Haivili
2. Host
3. Shaq
4. Peter Mam
5. Ben Lovett
6. Fletcher Myers
7. Liam Le Blanc
8. Alex Johnston

Eric the great

Juniors
2025 going to be a rebuild year expect the same results hopefully well be lining up like this rd1 below you can see the squad of top 30 which obviously shows that there is absolutley no cap space until we release players.

1. Munro
2. Tass
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Campbell Graham
6. Walker
7. Dodd
8. Moale
9. Humpreys
10. KK
11. Aitken
12. Arrow
13. Muarry

14. Ilias
15. Duncan
16. Tatola
17. Keppie
18. Schuster
19. Milne
20. Host
21. Haivili
22. Gray
23. Shaq
24. Johnston
25.Fletcher Myers
26. Thomas Fletcher
27. Liam le Blanc
28. Peter Mamazolous
29. Ben Lovett
30. ?

So you can see how our cap is stuffed for next year as all these players are contracted and no room to move.

1. Haivili
2. Host
3. Shaq
4. Peter Mam
5. Ben Lovett
6. Fletcher Myers
7. Liam Le Blanc
8. Alex Johnston
Isn’t Mitchel suspended round 2

BradS

Juniors

1. Munro
2. Tass
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Campbell Graham
6. Walker
7. Dodd
8. Moale
9. Humpreys
10. KK
11. Aitken
12. Arrow
13. Muarry

14. Ilias
15. Duncan
16. Tatola
17. Keppie
18. Schuster
19. Milne
20. Host
21. Haivili
22. Gray
23. Shaq
24. Johnston
25.Fletcher Myers
26. Thomas Fletcher
27. Liam le Blanc
28. Peter Mamazolous
29. Ben Lovett
30. ?

1. Haivili
2. Host
3. Shaq
4. Peter Mam
5. Ben Lovett
6. Fletcher Myers
7. Liam Le Blanc
8. Alex Johnston
Bit harsh on AJ

it’s looking like Merrit in 2014, let him break the record and then usher in the new AJ

speedster

Juniors
Yes. That ship has sailed. Expect to see Jye Gray named in the number 1 jumper for round one providing he's healthy.

I hope to see Mellars given a run next year if he stays fit and he could be a smoky for a wing spot while AJ is out. Tass is no winger. He's slow for a centre and struggled shifting from left to right side early in 2024.

speedster

Juniors
My round 1 side at this stage -

1 Gray
2 Mellars
3 Wighton
4 Graham
5 Munro
6 Walker
7 Dodd
8 Tatola
9 Mamouzelos
10 Moale
11 Aitken
12 Koloamatangi
13 Murray

14 Humphreys
15 Arrow
16 Duncan
17 Keppie

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Yes. That ship has sailed. Expect to see Jye Gray named in the number 1 jumper for round one providing he's healthy.

I hope to see Mellars given a run next year if he stays fit and he could be a smoky for a wing spot while AJ is out. Tass is no winger. He's slow for a centre and struggled shifting from left to right side early in 2024.
ive been eagerly waiting for Mellars to kick on he is a fine specimen abit like our Robert Toia from Roosters, just need some game time and he will blossom, could be our long term winger.

Gives me abit of Will Warbick/Coates vibes about him.

speedster

Juniors
Doesn't have to be a rebuilding year. Under Wayne, he will get them all tuned back in to playing winning football, doing all the one percenters and getting the attacking threats going again.

We have a finals quality squad so there's no reason we can't get back to playing like contenders.

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Doesn't have to be a rebuilding year. Under Wayne, he will get them all tuned back in to playing winning football, doing all the one percenters and getting the attacking threats going again.

We have a finals quality squad so there's no reason we can't get back to playing like contenders.
Unfortunatly i highly disagree, until Wayne gets the squad he wants next year will definatly be a rebuilding year.

Might make the 8 but making up numbers

i think 2026 and 2027 hell push hard for premiership.

speedster

Juniors
Unfortunatly i highly disagree, until Wayne gets the squad he wants next year will definatly be a rebuilding year.

Might make the 8 but making up numbers

i think 2026 and 2027 hell push hard for premiership.
The squad is still pretty good despite the crap season we just had providing injuries and suspensions don't decimate us again.

The big question marks will be over the 7 & 9 positions obviously but if they can do their jobs, and that's all we need them to do, then it can service our guns to shine in attack. Getting our defence right is the big key but there is not a lot of scope for big squad changes for the next few seasons with so many long term contracts but if they play to their ability, they can compete with anybody. It's not the squad that needs too much changing, it's the mentality.

Eric the great

Juniors
I agree with both Adam and speedster our biggest problem at the beginning of this season other than injuries to squad members was the overall fitness of the squad it was appalling and I don’t think wayne will produce a side as unfit as we have seen this year thanks Jd so I think these players fit uninjured spells a good season

Latest posts