What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

speedster

Juniors
Unless newcastle pay some freight
That's what they're saying. Today they're saying he's on $750k and the Knights are likely to pay some of that to get their cap into shape after they picked up Peter O'Sullivan (unfortunately) and he is looking to perform serious surgery on their cap. They're looking to offload Brailey as well they reckon.

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Channel 9 reporting South’s have signed Melbourne Storm youngster Devonte Vaotu’ua to a 3yr deal.

Can play lock or prop and his style and work ethic has been likened to that of cam Murray

18yr old has been rated “very special talent”
dont know whos doing souths recruiting but to me a player from Melb Storm Nursery, and after watching highlights of him... not exactly going to set the world on fire...

should be trying to recruit canberra raiders recruitment manager who seems to me is getting all the cream of the crop youngsters.

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
On another thought with Tupoinuia signing with Dogs how come we were never in the hunt for him??

only signed for 650k and also he lives in Mascot why werent we ever in his ear??

handyman2190

Bench
On another thought with Tupoinuia signing with Dogs how come we were never in the hunt for him??

only signed for 650k and also he lives in Mascot why werent we ever in his ear??
650k is significant coin,we are looking at cheaper options probably in the 4to500k
Debelin would at this age be looking at 350,hunt maybe 450 to 500

Hellray

Juniors

Don’t we need more middles atm rather than edge players?

But I will agree with it’s somewhat concerning that we haven’t been mentioned with any of these players being shopped around the league

Steenson123

Juniors
G
Wouldn't be surprised if we snare some talent from the Q Cup considering Wayne is up there and would have some news about who's doing well up there.

Wayne will attract the players we need in good time.
Good point, well spotted.
Well spotted in the sense of you all need to quit whinging about "oh get this dude no get that one, I want him... he is more Salary Cap friendly".
Last May the club was 8-3 and had thumped virtually all in front of them. Hence, the existing roster merely needs some tweeking, not panic purchases. The Coach had no idea how to manage big name players and got caught out.
We have young Moale and Kelpie is also quite young. Koloamatangi will likely too become and 8 or 10, then there is Mitchell's frere. Plus Burt will develop others, as yet unexposed. Gray can become a bench #9 very dangerous when opponents fatigue.
There is also young Duncan, who under the Legend will likely become explosive, one can see the potential. Le Blanc is a hard grafter, as is Aiken if imported. Others will emerge, look at what Burt got out of a crock in Ethan lowe even had him winning in the backline!!
None of you goons bother about Campbell Graham. Yet this man is absolutely irreplaceable. He along with Tom B, has been our best the past two seasons, excluding the current one. His return is shrouded in mystery and it makes me very concerned. You all should be. Graham is a class player who is a leader, home grown and we cannot replace him.

Steenson123

Juniors
Yeah Phil Gould and his salary cap surely is stretched to the limit
Brenda Gould is going nowhere with Canterbury. Repeat nowhere. They need a lot more from Kikau but he is often missing. He fails to intimidate as he did at Penrith for seasons. Their halves are not scary. Addo-Carr's flag is always down, always injured. He should have joined us and played with guys he loves. Who are their prop forwards?
Canterbury are a stick - on Foreign Legion that Beau Geste would be proud to lead. A Foreign Legion that in the end, is going nowhere.

handyman2190

Bench
G

Good point, well spotted.
Well spotted in the sense of you all need to quit whinging about "oh get this dude no get that one, I want him... he is more Salary Cap friendly".
Last May the club was 8-3 and had thumped virtually all in front of them. Hence, the existing roster merely needs some tweeking, not panic purchases. The Coach had no idea how to manage big name players and got caught out.
We have young Moale and Kelpie is also quite young. Koloamatangi will likely too become and 8 or 10, then there is Mitchell's frere. Plus Burt will develop others, as yet unexposed. Gray can become a bench #9 very dangerous when opponents fatigue.
There is also young Duncan, who under the Legend will likely become explosive, one can see the potential. Le Blanc is a hard grafter, as is Aiken if imported. Others will emerge, look at what Burt got out of a crock in Ethan lowe even had him winning in the backline!!
None of you goons bother about Campbell Graham. Yet this man is absolutely irreplaceable. He along with Tom B, has been our best the past two seasons, excluding the current one. His return is shrouded in mystery and it makes me very concerned. You all should be. Graham is a class player who is a leader, home grown and we cannot replace him.
Gray is not a nine,get it through ur head,if anyone, duncan eould make a good 9

Hellray

Juniors
I would still like to try and convert Ilias into a 9. He has the passing skills and the defence needed to be successful.
Him and humphries (when announced) could be a solid 2 options with Pete still here for another season also

speedster

Juniors
I have thought about using Gray in the #14 jumper ahead of Mamo where he may need to slot into dh but more than likely comes on as an additional running threat somewhere through the middle the way Benji and Nikorima were used. This year anyway, Cook is still capable of playing 80 and Mamo could get better playing longer minutes in reggies in prep for possibly being our starting hooker next year instead of doing precious little at the backend of games in 1sts.

But I wouldn't consider Gray a #9 if he plays #14 even if he does slot in there for a few minutes. He is a spine player that could do a good job anywhere in the spine if called upon.

Latest posts