What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Hey guys,

Given that it's November 1st, it's time to fully switch focus to 2024. This is part of a forum update where I'll be updating all threads for 2024. Same threads, same purpose, it's just a freshen up.

Please stop using the old threads if you can and start using these ones.

Please use this thread to discuss all rumors, signings and news relating to our great club and the great game of Rugby League.

Cheers.

Hellray

Juniors
AFB has requested a release from NZ, do we make a play to replace Burgess if he goes to play for Sammy?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah that’s was in the back of my mind when I saw what he is making. But can’t hurt to make a call right?
He’s gonna command big money mate we won’t have anywhere near the marquee money he wants sadly.

speedster

Juniors
Tom's on about 500? AFB is on a mill. But he wants to be closer to family and is a junior. If he settled for $800-850k per yr from 2025, that would be Tom's money plus around $300-350 in the cap which is possible.

For 2024, depends what Tom wants to do. Maybe there's still $100k remaining in the cap for next year? Tom goes to play for Sam sooner than we think? Then we ship (if they agreed to it) DSF who is said to be unhappy under JD who's on maybe $200k? Adds up to $800.

You never know. People said no way we could afford Wighton when those rumours went round.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tom's on about 500? AFB is on a mill. But he wants to be closer to family and is a junior. If he settled for $800-850k per yr from 2025, that would be Tom's money plus around $300-350 in the cap which is possible.

For 2024, depends what Tom wants to do. Maybe there's still $100k remaining in the cap for next year? Tom goes to play for Sam sooner than we think? Then we ship (if they agreed to it) DSF who is said to be unhappy under JD who's on maybe $200k? Adds up to $800.

You never know. People said no way we could afford Wighton when those rumours went round.
Tom is on 400k in 2024.

handyman2190

Bench
A 28 year old reserve grade back rower

and a hooker who isn’t good enough to play super league.
hardly exciting.
We actually need 1 more prop and hutchinson hasnt signed yet he would be a great 14
Why we would need a hooker is beyond me,if we are going to go to england why not target a young prop with size

Last edited: