What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

Coffs dragon

Bench
Bud rumoured to have signed with the Tigers for 4 years pending medical clearance.

This would take our SIGNED players to 27 if confirmed by the Tigers.

Flanno has rumoured to have had discussions with Ezra Mam and his son Kyle is likely to join us.

Add to this we are interested in Blore and have advanced talks with Ipape (although that has somewhat stalled).

Given the "tapped" players are still on our books, we dont have much wiggle room to go out all guns blazing signing players.
Geez with the prospect of those signings, we should lift from 16th to 15th in 2024.
We still need to get rid of Hunt & Bird to free up the big dollars for a major strike.

Old Timer

Coach
Does Bud leaving now make Hunt's position stronger in respect of getting a release?

What happens if he ups the anti and says "yes I have a contract but no I won't play" obviously we can't retire him medically, so does he not just sit on the books taking up cap $$$$?

If that is the case we don't have a half to call his bluff with so might have to let him go and pay some $$$$ of his contract as well.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Does Bud leaving now make Hunt's position stronger in respect of getting a release?

What happens if he ups the anti and says "yes I have a contract but no I won't play" obviously we can't retire him medically, so does he not just sit on the books taking up cap $$$$?

If that is the case we don't have a half to call his bluff with so might have to let him go and pay some $$$$ of his contract as well.
Or maybe it was a condition of Hunt agreeing to stay?
we just don’t know.

since77

Juniors

Reading between the lines I think it means he’s agreed to stay. I doubt they’d release Bud if there was any doubts in regard to Hunt.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just to update this, and assume Bud is gone (not confirmed by us as we have to grant the release).
Our 27 signed players:

Backs - 9
Ramsey**, Feagai Mat, Feagai Max*, Ravalawa, Suli, Tamale, Sloan, Lomax, Finau

Halves - 3
Hunt, Amone***, Turner

Hooker - 1
Liddle

Forwards - 14
BMM*, Lawrie, Molo F, Molo M, Sele, JDB, Hunt J*, Bird, Sua, Fafita V, Musgrove*, Tuitavake, Coachman R, Coachman T.

Looking at this more closely, we are:

1. Top heavy with average forwards mixed with young forwards with little to no experience. We can see why the 3 * players why they need to move on.

2. We have 1 recognised hooker. Yes, we have Muliesen and Finau H, but do we burn a spot for 1 of them? It's why we are really wanting Ipape to sign with us. I hope he does.

3. Very weak in the halves, especially given Amones situation. KF seems a reasonable signing if rumours are correct. We have very promising halves coming through, but they are a little ways off atm.

4. Our backline is such a mixed bag. Lomax and Rava the only 2 atm you'd pencil in each week (imo). No speed on the wing, no height etc.

2024 is looking rather sad atm, and I think Flanno knows this, and it will be a challenge, unless ALL of the *** players leave before Nov1.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Just to update this, and assume Bud is gone (not confirmed by us as we have to grant the release).
Our 27 signed players:

Backs - 9
Ramsey**, Feagai Mat, Feagai Max*, Ravalawa, Suli, Tamale, Sloan, Lomax, Finau

Halves - 3
Hunt, Amone***, Turner

Hooker - 1
Liddle

Forwards - 14
BMM*, Lawrie, Molo F, Molo M, Sele, JDB, Hunt J*, Bird, Sua, Fafita V, Musgrove*, Tuitavake, Coachman R, Coachman T.

Looking at this more closely, we are:

1. Top heavy with average forwards mixed with young forwards with little to no experience. We can see why the 3 * players why they need to move on.

2. We have 1 recognised hooker. Yes, we have Muliesen and Finau H, but do we burn a spot for 1 of them? It's why we are really wanting Ipape to sign with us. I hope he does.

3. Very weak in the halves, especially given Amones situation. KF seems a reasonable signing if rumours are correct. We have very promising halves coming through, but they are a little ways off atm.

4. Our backline is such a mixed bag. Lomax and Rava the only 2 atm you'd pencil in each week (imo). No speed on the wing, no height etc.

2024 is looking rather sad atm, and I think Flanno knows this, and it will be a challenge, unless ALL of the *** players leave before Nov1.
So our spine next year is the same as the spine this year, assuming Amone is playing. If Amone can't play our spine is Sloane, Turner, Hunt and Liddle. Or Sloane, Kyle Flanagan, Hunt, Liddle, if KF comes across and plays 5/8. Whichever way you look at it, it's a pretty weak spine.

It's going to be a long season. Again.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

So if he refused to play, he is in breach of his contract, therefore we don't have to pay him the $1.8m over the 2 years, while he sits on his ass with no income, do you honestly think he will give up all that money, won't happen.