What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 State of Origin Series (Mens Edition)

King-Gutho94

Coach
Moses 4 try assists (I personally think he should be credited with 5, but anyway) is the equal most try assists in a single origin game in history - tied with Fittler from 2000.

No single player has had 4 try assists in a SERIES in 6 years and Moses just did it in one game.

He now has more try assists in origin than Cleary from 10 less games
Your a Qlder do you reckon Billy has the roll the dice with Fifita for game 3 instead of Capewell or Kaufusi.

I still think QLD win game 3 I have seen this movie so many times NSW thrash QLD in game 2 to level the series and then the decider in QLD.

NSW rock up thinking they have Qld measure again and the Maroons just bash NSW out of the game.

2020 & 2022 are 2 most recent examples.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Would Lane ever be considered for Origin...umm no..
Crichton is next level and fearsome

Lane maybe should have gotten a bench spot in 2022, but that's about it.

Crichton has routinely been playing for NSW, and putting up great performances.

He's on another level to Lane.

Plus, Angus is aggressive - something we are sorely missing.

What's Manu Ma'u up to these days...?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mitch goes OK with some half decent players around him.

Latrell on the other hand..................

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Your a Qlder do you reckon Billy has the roll the dice with Fifita for game 3 instead of Capewell or Kaufusi.

I still think QLD win game 3 I have seen this movie so many times NSW thrash QLD in game 2 to level the series and then the decider in QLD.

NSW rock up thinking they have Qld measure again and the Maroons just bash NSW out of the game.

2020 & 2022 are 2 most recent examples.
Absolutely. Fafita for Capewell. No brainer.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Hard to argue his performance was worse then 34 players.

He is a rubbish ref that loses control of games very quickly.

It's no coincidence last year's GF was one of the best refereed games in a long time because Klein and Sutton weren't involved for the first time in 7-8 years.

First 30 mins the penalties and set restarts was 6-0 to NSW.

After the 30 min mark when the game had blown out the count turned around 11-3 QLDs way in the last 50 Mins.

It's almost like Ashley was told give NSW the early running and at halftime looking at the score someone from the NRL has gone mate you better start penalising NSW we can't have this as 40-50 point blow-out.
Completely agree. Don’t wanna sound like a whinger, Blues far too good and deserved winners. But Klein gave the Blues everything for the first 20 and then stopped you blokes from absolutely smashing us in the second half by penalising you guys for rubbing hair ffs.

Soto

Bench
Absolutely. Fafita for Capewell. No brainer.
Fifita will come in and I'd be surprised if the Hammer plays...when he wakes up today that AC joint will be worse than last night...Cobbo back in too.
Gagai may be there for Holmes...it's going to be very interesting to see the "pick and stick" approach from qld now

Gronk

Staff member
Completely agree. Don’t wanna sound like a whinger, Blues far too good and deserved winners. But Klein gave the Blues everything for the first 20 and then stopped you blokes from absolutely smashing us in the second half by penalising you guys for rubbing hair ffs.
I think you are right, however the momentum that NSW gained from the get go from their own actions of line speed and aggression was huge. Then, when the opportunity presented, Moses and Luai would use the depth and speed of the backrowers, then the backs to rack up points. It felt like the unstoppable tsunami that hit us in the 2022 GF.

Klein seemingly refereed in favour of the team that had the momentum at the time. That happens of course often, as the team being dominated tries to slow down the ruck etc, however as you say, there were other calls that did not make sense.

Martin, Angus, Murray, Haas and 1 to 6 were elite. Mitch was a level above that.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Fifita will come in and I'd be surprised if the Hammer plays...when he wakes up today that AC joint will be worse than last night...Cobbo back in too.
Gagai may be there for Holmes...it's going to be very interesting to see the "pick and stick" approach from qld now
Didnt i hear reports that Cobbo told Billy he was tired and wasn't up to play this origin game.

He did the same thing 2 years ago at Brisbane the week we flogged them by 50 didn't he.

How can you trust him going into a decider.

Picking and choosing when you want to play is a dangerous game.