What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Vlad59

Bench
He f**ked up the last broadcast deal so monumentally it provided AwFuL with the biggest funding dispairty they've had over us.

How am I supposed to have faith in the bloke who signed the worst broadcast deal in history?

He either did it through incompetence or self-preservation. If it's the latter then he's a charlatan. If it's the former then he's not fit to be at the negotiating table during the next round of broadcast rights.

If he brings in PNG then he's creating an enormous obstacle for the game that will hang around its neck for a couple of decades. You can forget about the broadcasters paying extra for a team from PNG because it will provide no value to them.
Potato crop

Vlad59

Bench
I've been telling everyone that Perth's time zone is not conducive for generating strong ratings because it's up against the 6pm news on Wed-Fri. No one wants to hear it because they're too busy kidding themselves into thinking Perth is the answer to all of the game's problems.
By everyone I assume your referring to your next door neighbours the Kennebecs?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
He f**ked up the last broadcast deal so monumentally it provided AwFuL with the biggest funding dispairty they've had over us.

How am I supposed to have faith in the bloke who signed the worst broadcast deal in history?

He either did it through incompetence or self-preservation. If it's the latter then he's a charlatan. If it's the former then he's not fit to be at the negotiating table during the next round of broadcast rights.

If he brings in PNG then he's creating an enormous obstacle for the game that will hang around its neck for a couple of decades. You can forget about the broadcasters paying extra for a team from PNG because it will provide no value to them.
Everyone makes mistakes, but he's done a lot of good for the game. He also seems to be ramping up to make up for it at the negotiating table this time we'll.

I wish PNG well and if they get in, I hope we can make it work for the PNG people and for the international game, but I just can't see it working long term unfortunately

Wb1234

Referee
Everyone makes mistakes, but he's done a lot of good for the game. He also seems to be ramping up to make up for it at the negotiating table this time we'll.

I wish PNG well and if they get in, I hope we can make it work for the PNG people and for the international game, but I just can't see it working long term unfortunately
PNG will work big time

they will end up bigger than all the regional clubs barring maybe Newcastle if they get their ground upgraded to 40k