What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Diesel

Referee
If you note the drift between the NRL and Warriors searches, clearly there's a decent chunk of NRL fans in NZ who aren't actually Warriors fans but still like NRL. Seems like ripe pickings for a second team to me...
Plenty of non-Warriors fans living in NZ, many hung onto their team from the pre-Warriors days and some of their kids have since followed

docbrown

Coach

Looks like great Thursday night ratings for us
Also highlights the nonsense of reach.

By reach
AFL ranked 3rd

By average
AFL ranked 14th

The NRL won its timeslot but the AFL was beaten by Channel 10's I'm A Celebrity and Gogglebox dreck.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Vlad59

Juniors
Also highlights the nonsense of reach.

By reach
AFL ranked 3rd

By average
AFL ranked 14th

The NRL won its timeslot but the AFL was beaten by Channel 10's I'm A Celebrity and Gogglebox dreck.
Yeah it’s an easy win. Shows the value of a Melbourne v Sydney showdown. Reach is rubbish.

Wb1234

Referee
Can someone plz remind me how reach works ? and how it's different to how many ppl actually watched the game?
If you watched one minute you are countered

also takes into account game length

Utilised by channel 7 to make their ratings looks better but otherwise not relevant

Diesel

Referee
If you watched one minute you are countered

also takes into account game length

Utilised by channel 7 to make their ratings looks better but otherwise not relevant
So if you check scores of other sports on say Kayo, you’re counted as a reach viewer?

Wb1234

Referee
So if you check scores of other sports on say Kayo, you’re counted as a reach viewer?
It’s like Auskick but for afl tv ratings

only the afl would come up with this garbage and it’s funny seeing which fumble fans are using it

The_Wookie

Bench
It’s like Auskick but for afl tv ratings

only the afl would come up with this garbage and it’s funny seeing which fumble fans are using it

Kind of funny because the NRL and Nine have trotted out reach numbers for grand finals and origin for years.
Also FIFA at the womens world cup. Football Australia and Ten have used it for the Socceroos. And Sky in NZ (for the NRL and Union).

Vlad59

Juniors
Kind of funny because the NRL and Nine have trotted out reach numbers for grand finals and origin for years.
Also FIFA at the womens world cup. Football Australia and Ten have used it for the Socceroos. And Sky in NZ (for the NRL and Union).
The funny bit is that until you mentioned it I never knew. I had no idea that the nrl ever used reach data until this moment. And I’ve followed tv ratings from you and others for a long long time. So maybe just take that tin foil afl hat off and don’t lecture us about something we’ve never claimed on this thread. I pride myself on being objective on this thread. So should you.

The_Wookie

Bench
The funny bit is that until you mentioned it I never knew. I had no idea that the nrl ever used reach data until this moment. And I’ve followed tv ratings from you and others for a long long time. So maybe just take that tin foil afl hat off and don’t lecture us about something we’ve never claimed on this thread. I pride myself on being objective on this thread. So should you.

and Ill respond to posts like this with object facts. thanks.

The_Wookie

Bench
Don’t drink and post mate. You are better than this

Im not drunk. And Ive given the post I responded a fair reponse. I have no idea whats got under your bonnet.

I mean I didnt even mention the fact that the AFL didnt come up with Reach at all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Im not drunk. And Ive given the post I responded a fair reponse. I have no idea whats got under your bonnet.

I mean I didnt even mention the fact that the AFL didnt come up with Reach at all.
no no no it’s a conspiracy. Afl has managed to convince all tv companies and tv rating companies to change the system so it benefits them. Wb said so. lol

Can someone plz remind me how reach works ? and how it's different to how many ppl actually watched the game?
From my limited understanding, you were always deemed a viewer if you watched a single minute. But official ratings were previously calculated as an average of minutes. Reach is an aggregate of all individuals watching one minute. With the obvious consequence that longer programmes are rating higher.

In search of enlightenment, I fearlessly ploughed into the thicket of Bigfumble. One poster draws a distinction between "standalone average" and "cumulative average". Couldn't make sense of his argument. People sometimes conflate the meaning of "cumulative" with "aggregate".

He seemed to want 4 separate ratings for AFL quarters, 2 separate ratings for NRL halves. Similar to sessions in cricket.

Latest posts