What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fantastic ratings for the SOO game.

Yeah that's my main disappointment with all the expansion talk. We really need to be looking at another NZ side and right now that feels like it's 10 years away at the earliest.
Depends of the stupid png idea gets binned. If it does expect perth 2027/28 then nz2 by 2030/31

colly

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong but the AFLW grand final got an average audience of 175,000 on FTA last year?

There's 3 Origins as well. It's going from strength to strength right now. Hopefully it's 1.5 mill before we start negotiations. Would be worth a bunch, as it's likely to be overall capturing a pretty different audience to a regular NRL game. You get the NRL rights, you get access to a large section of every demographic.

Edit: Found your post on X -

175k FTA + 88K on Fox = 263k Total

Sportsindustry Twitter
(Not letting me embed tweet)
Great ( super) game.

ky revealed on Thursday that almost 1.59 million New Zealanders watched NRL matches Sky Sport and free-to-air on Sky Open in the first 10 rounds of the competition, a rise of 14% from 2023.

However, rugby still has its nose in front. Super Rugby Pacific was viewed by 1.67m people in the first 10 rounds of the competition, despite having fewer games each weekend.

These two statements are a little confusing and perhaps worded poorly (nothing to do with you Wookie), but correct me if I`m wrong, this would appear to be an average per round figure over the opening 10 rounds rather than an accumulative figure which the wording implies.
Makes sense too, 200 000 per match NRL and ~ 280 000 per super rugby match. Probably about right for a country with 5.5 million people.

Now, if we extrapolate those figures over the season, even allowing for a gradual drop-off in interest as is normal - A Warriors` resurgence it appears would largely counter that - we are now talking about adding - let`s use a season average of 1.2m per round - 32m viewers to the NRL regular season total. And I`d say 1.2m is being very conservative, 1.3m - 1.4m might be more accurate, which takes the total to 36 - 38 million.

However, sticking with the conservative number, that`s 32 million added to the NRL season total.

The_Wookie

Bench
These two statements are a little confusing and perhaps worded poorly (nothing to do with you Wookie), but correct me if I`m wrong, this would appear to be an average per round figure over the opening 10 rounds rather than an accumulative figure which the wording implies.
Makes sense too, 200 000 per match NRL and ~ 280 000 per super rugby match. Probably about right for a country with 5.5 million people.

its a reach figure.

footy75

Bench
Does the AFL do a Women's Fumble of Origin?

why would they, who is gona watch.

Have you watched AFLW. It could be the hardest sport ever to watch. The women just don´t have the foot skills like the men. They can barely kick on their natural side let alone with both feet.

Honestly if you can through 5 minutes of that shit I applaud you.

Latest posts