What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

taste2taste

Juniors
Ok use your 1.35 figure

Now add up how many commercials are in both programs

Then you will see what is more value to networks
I watched the Swans game and they had an ad break after every goal, every couple of minutes.

I watched the NRL game later and they had an ad break after some, not all, of the tries. Maybe every 10 minutes.

Next FTA has to have more advertising, we should be doing what the Car Racing does and have picture and picture advertising, we could do that after every try, scrum, drop out ..etc

The_Wookie

Bench
those figure are wrong and has been debunked before,

Thats right, it was pointed out here that we were basing our calculations on match play time, not the broadcast time. Adjustments had to be mad.

AFL on Fox approx 155 min run time , NRL on Fox 115 min run time . So a multiplier of 1.35 not 1.5. 4 x nrl games = 3 x af

AFL matches = 207 matches * 155 minutes per match * 397,000 average viewers / 60 = 212,295,750 hours
NRL matches - 204 * 115 minutes * 483,000 / 60 = 188,853,000 hours (88%)

feel free to correct the calculations.

Iamback

Coach
I watched the Swans game and they had an ad break after every goal, every couple of minutes.

I watched the NRL game later and they had an ad break after some, not all, of the tries. Maybe every 10 minutes.

Next FTA has to have more advertising, we should be doing what the Car Racing does and have picture and picture advertising, we could do that after every try, scrum, drop out ..etc

Yeah a good NRL game is free flowing and you want fatigue so qtrs don't work

Supercars produce their own content but have less races so it is easier and cheaper but is where NRL should go in the future

Iamback

Coach
Thats right, it was pointed out here that we were basing our calculations on match play time, not the broadcast time. Adjustments had to be mad.

AFL matches = 207 matches * 155 minutes per match * 397,000 average viewers / 60 = 212,295,750 hours
NRL matches - 204 * 115 minutes * 483,000 / 60 = 188,853,000 hours (88%)

feel free to correct the calculations.

So 12% difference before the advertising totals are added?