What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Don't think it's that easy. NRL need to figure out why our viewership doesn't carry into the finals.
The continued dominance of the big 3 (Panthers, Roosters and Storm) are impacting the NRL. My mates and I are all Rugby League tragics but there just seems to be no where near the interest in the finals as one would expect. Just seem to be going through the motions

Diesel

Referee
Storm and Roosters dominance is getting boring, which would be of some cause. Then you have Manly/Sharks which have smaller bases. If the Tigers, Parra and Broncos were in the finals this year, it’d have an uplift, like the Bulldogs in week 1 of the finals

BlueandGold

Juniors
The dream for crowds and viewership for NRL Finals.

Eels
Roosters
Warriors
Bulldogs
Broncos
Tigers
Knights
Souths

Nearly all combinations work with this setup.

This would be a record finals for the NRL on attendance and viewership imo.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Not bad but I’d swap Tigers or Roosters for Dragons.

Would Dragons fans travel to Accor or Alliance for week 2?

That is the only issue i have with them.

I would not swap out the Tigers or the Roosters for them.

Probably the Knights.

Last edited:
Ive seen a few people express this sentiment. its "same old same old" stuff for some
I think most RL fans want excellence to prosper at the business end of the season. Onus is on challengers to match the standards of successful teams.

No offence to your favourite sport, but I honestly don't know what excellence would look like in AFL. Seems to involve far more random elements than other codes. Fluctuating club fortunes are hardly surprising.

BlueandGold

Juniors
So all the bluster about AFL taking over and one of the smaller Sydney NRL teams smashed the Swans...

Swans: 153 + 44k = 197k audience
Sharks: 250 + 19k = 269k audience

Will we get all those articles from Monday rewritten now telling the truth?

The Truth is the Storm have gotten 190k in melbourne for a prelim in the past against the Panthers.

So in that context 150k for the Swans is nothing special.

I am sure the swans have gotten more for prelims in the past.

1727337894477.png

Last edited:

Wb1234

Immortal
I think most RL fans want excellence to prosper at the business end of the season. Onus is on challengers to match the standards of successful teams.

No offence to your favourite sport, but I honestly don't know what excellence would look like in AFL. Seems to involve far more random elements than other codes. Fluctuating club fortunes are hardly surprising.

Afls comp is rigged

Lions suns and gws receive 26 to 28 million from afl house

West coast receive around 8 million

Yes there is a 20 million gap in funding in there hope of diversifying out of wasteland states

Afls comp is rigged

Lions suns and gws receive 26 to 28 million from afl house

West coast receive around 8 million

Yes there is a 20 million gap in funding in there hope of diversifying out of wasteland states
AFAIK Storm have received no comparable special treatment. If we draw a veil over the salary cap scandal, it underlines their amazing success. Long list of star players unwanted by other clubs or underperformers at previous clubs.

No Midas Touch from Craig Bellamy in 1991-92 sadly. Swinton Lions playing record - Appearances 14, Won 1, Lost 13. Our ground was sold at the end of that season. Pillar to post ever since.

Wb1234

Immortal
AFAIK Storm have received no comparable special treatment. If we draw a veil over the salary cap scandal, it underlines their amazing success. Long list of star players unwanted by other clubs or underperformers at previous clubs.

No Midas Touch from Craig Bellamy in 1991-92 sadly. Swinton Lions playing record - Appearances 14, Won 1, Lost 13. Our ground was sold at the end of that season. Pillar to post ever since.
He wasn’t much of a player was he

The storm salary cap scandal was a bit overblown as it was them trying to keep players that they developed rather than doing a roosters and buying star players

Nrl has to look at better incentives for clubs to produce players

Read a lot about station rd famous ground it was

Latest posts