What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 World Club Challenge

Fangs

Coach
Keighran might be one to watch for 2025.

Handy player and former Panther. Might be good squad depth (Peachey's spot).

TDD91

Juniors
Think it'll depend on how Miski & Cooper come through the reserves friendly today. Ideally Miski will be back on the wing, otherwise it'll be one of the youngsters.

Sam Walters was primed for the Pearce-Paul spot this year, but broke his collarbone in last week's friendly and is potentially out for 3 months. Junior Nsemba would be next man up for the bench second row spot, but his injury recovery is behind schedule so he's out until April apparently. Looks like Tiaki Chan (Son of Alex, brother of Joe) will be stepping up quickly.

Smithies is the biggest loss IMO, Kaide Ellis is not the same ball handler that he was, so it'll be interesting to see how the team goes without him.

Still got the 1st game of Super League to play next week against Castleford, but if we come through unscathed I suspect the team will be something like

Field
Miski/Eckersley
Keighran
Wardle
Marshall
French
Smith
Thompson
O'Neill
Byrne
Farrell
Isa
Ellis

Leeming
Dupree
Mago
Chan

Fangs

Coach
Think it'll depend on how Miski & Cooper come through the reserves friendly today. Ideally Miski will be back on the wing, otherwise it'll be one of the youngsters.

Sam Walters was primed for the Pearce-Paul spot this year, but broke his collarbone in last week's friendly and is potentially out for 3 months. Junior Nsemba would be next man up for the bench second row spot, but his injury recovery is behind schedule so he's out until April apparently. Looks like Tiaki Chan (Son of Alex, brother of Joe) will be stepping up quickly.

Smithies is the biggest loss IMO, Kaide Ellis is not the same ball handler that he was, so it'll be interesting to see how the team goes without him.

Still got the 1st game of Super League to play next week against Castleford, but if we come through unscathed I suspect the team will be something like

Field
Miski/Eckersley
Keighran
Wardle
Marshall
French
Smith
Thompson
O'Neill
Byrne
Farrell
Isa
Ellis

Leeming
Dupree
Mago
Chan

Thanks and good luck.

Most of us as fans pissed all over the St Helens and we got embarrassed. I hope our guys give it more respect this time around.

TDD91

Juniors
Miski has scored a first half hattrick in the friendly, safe to say he's probably going to be alright for the game then.

murraymob

Coach
C

Field
Miski/Eckersley
Keighran
Wardle
Marshall
French
Smith
Thompson
O'Neill
Byrne
Farrell
Isa
Ellis

Leeming
Dupree
Mago
Chan
C an you give us a update after the first game as most of us don’t know much about the your team.Would love to see English forty strong as our game needs it

MugaB

Coach
Miski has scored a first half hattrick in the friendly, safe to say he's probably going to be alright for the game then.
I remember him at norths a while back and during the 9s tournaments, everyone thought he was mansours brother, good to see him killing it at wigan..
Im assuming its the same guy

Bob

Juniors

NRL pre-season challenge: How your side is shaping up for their first hit out of the year​

Penrith Panthers young gun Mavrik Geyer is one step closer to following in the footsteps of his famous dad Mark and making his NRL debut.

Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

3 min read
February 13, 2024 - 10:16AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Mavrik Geyer is one step closer to following in the footsteps of his dad Mark with the young forward to be named in Penrith’s World Club Challenge squad to face Wigan.

The Panthers will fly out of Sydney on Friday and Geyer will be part of the squad.
He has impressed in the pre-season but is yet to make his NRL debut.
His father Mark was part of Penrith’s 1991 premiership-winning team.
Penrith’s five-eighth Jarome Luai is out of the clash because of a shoulder injury.
Mavrik Geyer will be part of the World Club Challenge squad. Credit: NRL Images

Mavrik Geyer will be part of the World Club Challenge squad. Credit: NRL Images

betcats

Referee
good luck to him, not sure where he fits into the 17 unless we arent playing our strongest available squad, which wouldnt bother me. To me its a glorified trial, more then happy to test guys out to see what they could offer in order to prepare for the real competition.

Iamback

Coach
good luck to him, not sure where he fits into the 17 unless we arent playing our strongest available squad, which wouldnt bother me. To me its a glorified trial, more then happy to test guys out to see what they could offer in order to prepare for the real competition.

I don't think our bench make up is settled yet

Latest posts