What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 World Club Challenge

ACTPanthers

Bench
I do, however, once again @Luke Bowden, missed the point.
At the risk of getting into some kind of slanging match, I think it's you who may have missed the point... What exactly are you trying to argue? That there is a risk of injury no matter the game? We all know that, and I agree to a certain extent. But Luke is, from what I can gather, just saying that the players going 100% has its risks (that being an increased chance of injury to our more important players).

MrBlack

Juniors
Lets not forget that this is Clearys first game back after a significant knee injury.

How hard will he push himself for this one??
Does he want to just get a decent hit out prior to the regular season starting??

What is the focus of the rest of the team?? The WCC or the start of the NRL??

The narrative in this thread will change significantly if Cleary reinjures his knee.......

As a fan I want to win every game, but not at all cost.

Luckily as a fan, I only need to form an opinion, I dont have to make any decisions (thats for Coach Cleary)

At the risk of getting into some kind of slanging match, I think it's you who may have missed the point... What exactly are you trying to argue? That there is a risk of injury no matter the game? We all know that, and I agree to a certain extent. But Luke is, from what I can gather, just saying that the players going 100% has its risks (that being an increased chance of injury to our more important players).
That's exactly what I'm getting at.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I am capable of explaining. Injuries can, and do, happen during the regular season. Yes I do realise that competition points are at stake. My point is you can't wrap the players in cotton wool. Have I made myself clear now?
You absolutely can wrap players up in cotton wool during the preseason.

If the game means nothing we can play Nathan for half a game and tell him to not take the line on.

This 100% what all the other clubs will be doing and it’s what we should be doing.

soc123_au

Staff member
Lets not forget that this is Clearys first game back after a significant knee injury.

How hard will he push himself for this one??
Does he want to just get a decent hit out prior to the regular season starting??

What is the focus of the rest of the team?? The WCC or the start of the NRL??

The narrative in this thread will change significantly if Cleary reinjures his knee.......

As a fan I want to win every game, but not at all cost.

Luckily as a fan, I only need to form an opinion, I dont have to make any decisions (thats for Coach Cleary)
Pretty much this. What we want or think matters little in the end. It's just fun and interesting to discuss it amongst ourselves. The day Ivan pops into LU for a bit of insight over a tough decision is the day it's time to retire.

In saying that I hope we put on a cricket score and treat the soap dodgers to masterclass in Rugba Leeg. Ni injuries though, we have a 4th to win.

soc123_au

Staff member
You absolutely can wrap players up in cotton wool during the preseason.

If the game means nothing we can play Nathan for half a game and tell him to not take the line on.

This 100% what all the other clubs will be doing and it’s what we should be doing.
Cotton wool has no place in the game. If you play a player, then they need to play as they normally would, playing ginger increases the chance of injury.

MrBlack

Juniors
Pretty much this. What we want or think matters little in the end. It's just fun and interesting to discuss it amongst ourselves. The day Ivan pops into LU for a bit of insight over a tough decision is the day it's time to retire.

In saying that I hope we put on a cricket score and treat the soap dodgers to masterclass in Rugba Leeg. Ni injuries though, we have a 4th to win.
No one doubts that our best game will destroy any team in the Super League (have a look at the lines ups here....)

Whether we bring it or not, or even choose to bring it??? That is all we are discussing here.

It's just great to be discussing games again........ (no more off season bull$hit)

Oh good. You agree with me.

would have been easier if you just said that in first place instead of saying that it was an invalid point.
I have Luke. It's not my problem that you appear to have problems comprehending what others have written.

I do believe that this game is important. That's all I'm going to say.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Cotton wool has no place in the game. If you play a player, then they need to play as they normally would, playing ginger increases the chance of injury.
Not playing ginger.

Just playing smart. Half backs pass and kick a lot more, no taking on the line.

Teams run smarter lines that are going to increase the chances of front on defence instead of lateral.

And mostly, they manage minutes.

For example Dylan Edwards playing 80 mins in England, running for 200+ metres is not ideal…

Ok and that's a valid point, much like Lukes point that there is an increased risk of injury.

So glad we could get to this point without arguing :) Hope you're having a great day
I don't have any problems with you. Unfortunately @Luke Bowden has decided to turn this into a personal attack. That's juvenile and uncalled for. Personally I couldn't care less.

soc123_au

Staff member
Not playing ginger.

Just playing smart. Half backs pass and kick a lot more, no taking on the line.

Teams run smarter lines that are going to increase the chances of front on defence instead of lateral.

And mostly, they manage minutes.

For example Dylan Edwards playing 80 mins in England, running for 200+ metres is not ideal…
Managing minutes for sure. I don't see Nathan not running when he sees something though.

Latest posts