What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 World Club Challenge

Iamback

Coach
Cogger was on the bench in the GF because the chance of Romey doing his shoulder again was very high.

If Romey can’t play 80, I doubt very much he plays at all. Just my opinion, but I can’t really see any point in easing him back in, he’s missed as much footy as Nathan and there is no chat about easing him back in.

Schneider needs to be in cup playing in our System. He’s a 7 and needs to be ready to cover Nathan. Sitting on the bench on won’t do that.

Soni or Sommo at 14 makes sense with our rotation.

Peach or a utility that can play in the middle also makes sense.

Nathan is playing in the opposed session and playing in the WCC, So he is going to be up to speed match fitness wise.

I will dumb it down.

Yes or no. Do you think the 1 player should stay on the bench all year getting almost zero time on the field?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Once Kenny is match fit we'd be insane to not rotate through next year's options at 6 on the bench. For some bizarre reason some don't believe seeing them play with Nathan in real match situations would be extremely beneficial....crazy.
Once the finals approach then pick our best 17 to win the comp

Iamback

Coach
Once Kenny is match fit we'd be insane to not rotate through next year's options at 6 on the bench. For some bizarre reason some don't believe seeing them play with Nathan in real match situations would be extremely beneficial....crazy.

We have 3 good options, the one that gels with the team should be the 6. They need games with the side to see this.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Nathan is playing in the opposed session and playing in the WCC, So he is going to be up to speed match fitness wise.

I will dumb it down.

Yes or no. Do you think the 1 player should stay on the bench all year getting almost zero time on the field?
No, I think the 17 we pick each week should be the strongest team we can field in every game.

This is what I’ve said every time I’m asked.

I don’t think we should be sitting potential no.6’s on the bench with the hope of getting them some exposure.

Barring injury My bench would be

14.Summo or Soni
15.Smith
16.Henry
17. Garner

If Romey isn’t fit to play 80, I wouldn’t pick him. Simple as that.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I couldn’t disagree more with most of this.

We want to win this season.

mxlegend99

Referee
Im all for a half on bench who can fill in at hooker for a bit. The bench hooker only gets limited minutes anyway. Someone like Cole seems ideal for this IMO.

its not just about next season. There’s Origin to prepare for… and we want some experience and combinations ahead of the finals just incase.

We almost definitely lose that grand final last year if we didnt have Cogger on the bench to replace Luai… and if we hadn’t prepared him so well throughout the year.

Our best 17 for finals and a grand final will require a 17 that changes throughout the season to best prepare us for different scenarios. Ivan has gotten pretty good at rotating the squad to prepare for that.

Cole would likely be the best utility for us. With the size and versatility to do a number of jobs. But I really also want to see Sommerton in the squad. Maybe some weeks we have both. Others we rotate based on what we feel best balances us against our opposition and prepares for another grand final. The best 17 can be different for different opponents. Even though we could pick a single 17 that beats any side.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Im all for a half on bench who can fill in at hooker for a bit. The bench hooker only gets limited minutes anyway. Someone like Cole seems ideal for this IMO.

its not just about next season. There’s Origin to prepare for… and we want some experience and combinations ahead of the finals just incase.

We almost definitely lose that grand final last year if we didnt have Cogger on the bench to replace Luai… and if we hadn’t prepared him so well throughout the year.

Our best 17 for finals and a grand final will require a 17 that changes throughout the season to best prepare us for different scenarios. Ivan has gotten pretty good at rotating the squad to prepare for that.

Cole would likely be the best utility for us. With the size and versatility to do a number of jobs. But I really also want to see Sommerton in the squad. Maybe some weeks we have both. Others we rotate based on what we feel best balances us against our opposition and prepares for another grand final. The best 17 can be different for different opponents. Even though we could pick a single 17 that beats any side.

I keep hearing all these ideas and it’s great that people are excited to see players like Cole getting first grade time, but,

None of our potential No.6s for next year have even established them as genuine 6’s yet. Throwing them in without a good decent run in cup isn’t really that beneficial.

The other major issue I see and the main reason I hate the idea, what if Mitch gets knocked clean out in the first tackle of the game. Does Jack Cole play 80 mins in the middle?? That would be bad.

I believe that injuries through out the year and rep duties will be enough to give the boys NRL time, with out playing these dudes off the bench.

Ivan may well see it differently, but I firmly believe we should be picking the strongest team to win every game.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I keep hearing all these ideas and it’s great that people are excited to see players like Cole getting first grade time, but,

None of our potential No.6s for next year have even established them as genuine 6’s yet. Throwing them in without a good decent run in cup isn’t really that beneficial.

The other major issue I see and the main reason I hate the idea, what if Mitch gets knocked clean out in the first tackle of the game. Does Jack Cole play 80 mins in the middle?? That would be bad.

I believe that injuries through out the year and rep duties will be enough to give the boys NRL time, with out playing these dudes off the bench.

Ivan may well see it differently, but I firmly believe we should be picking the strongest team to win every game.
We are going to be sitting comfortably in the top 4 no matter who the 14 is. Only a bad run of injuries could change this.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Then we possibly drop a game that won't mean much during the season, not a big deal. His replacement is better off playing 60+mins in cup anyway.
Then we aren’t picking our strongest lineup and that’s not good enough.

We are going to need every competition point this year.

Injuries and rep duties will naturally give the boys enough NRL experience through out the season.

That’s my thoughts anyway.

Iamback

Coach
No, I think the 17 we pick each week should be the strongest team we can field in every game.

This is what I’ve said every time I’m asked.

I don’t think we should be sitting potential no.6’s on the bench with the hope of getting them some exposure.

Barring injury My bench would be

14.Summo or Soni
15.Smith
16.Henry
17. Garner

If Romey isn’t fit to play 80, I wouldn’t pick him. Simple as that.

That is just stupid thinking. It is a long season and there will be times when it is best to limit someone's minutes

Iamback

Coach
It’s really important bench spot to be messing with.
We need for that player to be able to play 80mins in the middle.

How many minutes is that person going to get in a game?

Yeo plays 80
Kenny 80
Martin 80
Sorro 80

Henry and Smith can play big minutes

Latest posts