What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 prediction

Tigerm

Coach
TIGERS

Predicted team
: 1. Jahream Bula 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Justin Olam 4. Adam Doueihi 5. Charlie Staines 6. Lachlan Galvin 7. Jarome Luai 8. Royce Hunt 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Jack Bird 12. Samuela Fainu 13. John Bateman 14. Latu Fainu 15. Alex Seyfarth 16. Fonua Pole 17. Alex Twal

Analysis: Jahream Bulla will be the fullback with former Panthers premiership winners Sunia Turuva in his first season at the Tigers and Charlie Staines on the wings. Justin Olam and Adam Doueihi both return from injury in a new look centre pairing. Young gun Lachlan Galvin is set to be the five-eighth, with star recruit Jarome Luai beginning life as a full-time NRL halfback after his switch from the Panthers. Former Sharks enforcer Royce Hunt joins the front row alongside David Kelmmer, after Stefano Utoikamanu’s switch to the Storm.Skipper Api Koroisau will be the hooker. Recruit and former Dragons star Jack Bird might start in the pack, given the club’s lack of depth and will partner Samuela Fainu in the back row, with John Bateman returning from the UK at lock. Latu Fainu will be the bench utility, with Alex Seyfarth, Fonua Pole and Alex Twal rounding out the bench rotation.

Tigerm

Coach
Not sure I agree with Doueihi starting at centre or in the team at this stage?
I think Skelton will be in the mix in the backline.
But I think we are top 10 (dare to dream of top 8), with the players we have coming.

Nutz

Bench
That line up isn't going to get us off the bottom of the ladder.
All those backs don't compliment each other imo.
Hunt won't start. Too unfit unless a miracle happens in the off season.
I think we need to start a 2026 prediction thread ;)
Hopefully by then we have signed a decent prop and a centre.

Tigerm

Coach
Oh the prediction... Tm proves me wrong and we come 6th.
I just think one player can make a huge difference.
E.G. Turbo for Manly, Ponga for NC, Walsh for Brisbane

I think (hope) Luai takes control of the team and insists on players doing there job.
The young blokes, Galvin, S Fainu, Pole, Bula, will be another year older and wiser.
Api, Seyfarth & Olam will help.
And if the new blokes,Skelton, Hunt, Tito & Bird contribute as they should, we should certainly win a lot more games than we have for the last few years.

Tiger05

First Grade
Not sure I agree with Doueihi starting at centre or in the team at this stage?
I think Skelton will be in the mix in the backline.
But I think we are top 10 (dare to dream of top 8), with the players we have coming.

Doueihi shouldn't be anywhere near the starting team. He should be playing reserve grade as an edge backrower and a potential replacement for Bateman.

Skelton, Luke Laulilii, Olam, Turuva, Skelton, Staines, To'a and even Bird are better options than Doueihi in the outside backs. Bird is a better option as a backrower as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hunt won't start. Too unfit unless a miracle happens in the off season.

We need him to give us 20 minutes of impact a game. If we get more out of him great. Twal, Seyfarth, Klemmer can work hard and give us good metres.

Tiger05

First Grade
I just think one player can make a huge difference.
E.G. Turbo for Manly, Ponga for NC, Walsh for Brisbane

I think (hope) Luai takes control of the team and insists on players doing there job.
The young blokes, Galvin, S Fainu, Pole, Bula, will be another year older and wiser.
Api, Seyfarth & Olam will help.
And if the new blokes,Skelton, Hunt, Tito & Bird contribute as they should, we should certainly win a lot more games than we have for the last few years.

The squad is in my opinion pretty good. Ideally we need another forward or two who can have an impact.

Our spine consists of Api, Bula, Luai and Galvin backed up by Latu Fainu and TDS. Those guys have to kill it.

We have Skelton, Turuva, Olam, To'a, Staines and Luke Laulilii in the outside backs.

Our pack isn't as good but Klemmer, Pole, Samuela and hopefully Sione Fainu, Bird, Seyfarth, Hunt and Twal along with guys like Johannssen should be able to do the job.

The only issue to me is can the coaching staff get the job done. This is the coach who told them on the most important game last year to "play footy".

Latest posts