What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Squad List

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Stefano, Royce & Connor Watson would be my trifecta of great signings. The latter 2 are in their late 20s so prime of their careers (still scope for some improvement imo) & wouldn't be a road block to our future youngsters.

While big Stefano would be entering his prime when the young forwards are starting to have consistent 1st grade performance.

Great for the age profile of our list & fills some holes in our list.
Not sure about Stefano's attitude- agree with Royce and Watson- I wanted the Dragons to sign Watson from Newcastle years ago but, as usual, the Chooks get who they want. Royce was an unchained junkyard dog against the Dolphins last night and almost singlehandedly dragged the Sharks back into the game when all looked lost.

SAP58

Juniors
I’m a little confused, some say that is normal but if as it has been suggested Damian Cook is a done deal what happens with Kyle Flanno. I think he has performed well this year albeit out of position, the coach was clear that he was brought in as a cover for hooker but had to be moved after Amone was lost. We definitely need another half if Hunt is staying at #7 so is Josh Schuster the answer ? He is still young & has lots of potential but would he & Hunt compliment each other ? Is he an organizer or can be or simply an individual ? Coach Flanno has mentioned we have a couple of good halves coming through but are a couple of years away from being ready for FG. Perplexing!

Budpower

Juniors
im just praying for Talagai!
things wont be too bad next season if we get him

C.ALLEN
S.FINAU
SULI
MAXY FEAGAI
MATTY FEAGAI
TALAGAI
HUNT

not a bad backline with Sloan as fullback backup

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Corey Allen seems to get big wraps here for some reason. This guy has been to a few clubs already so not sure why the fuss. I don't think he will be the answer. He will be more like a Tim Lafai player. Taking up a position and not offering much. Good teams hold onto good players not let them go. Except for Saints that is.....did I say Good teams.

denis preston

First Grade
If we have indeed won the race to Peter O'Sullivan, he is the supreme scouter and identifier of young talent. Whether that is in the bush, within our own juniors or playing at other NRL feeder clubs/systems. He is also the guru in converting the identifying into recruiting. It was no fluke that he brought along players of the calibre of Tallis, Mundine, Nathan Brown, Jason Stevens, Kev Champion, Inglis, Cronk, Slater, Latrell, Manu, etc, etc.
Players like Schiller, Bostock, Lobb, Garrick, Saab, Robson, McCinnes would probably not have been let go if he was here.
Think that so early on his career, Kyle Stanley hasn’t done a bad job, and he isn’t our official recruiter!

TheRev

First Grade
Updated the 2025 Squad List, this kind of shows how few positions are actually available.. I added a ( * ) for players who aren't confirmed but I suspect are likely to sign... and that includes a couple of those development spots which I have a feeling will be given.

o Note: There are 11 players I have assumed will be tapped
o Note: There may be a few extra spots opened up if Flanno can successfully tap/offload a few more
o Note: I didnt include Corey Allan, still need confirmation he is fit and being contracted.. and I have no idea who he would be replacing... Birds spot might have been where they were hoping.

2025 Dragons Roster:
1Tyrell SloanFullback
2Sione FinauWinger
3Mikaele RavalawaWinger
4Christian TuipolotuWinger
5Moses SuliCentre
6Jack BirdCentre
7Kyle FlanaganHalves
8Ben Hunt (c)Halves
9Jacob LiddleHooker
10Damian CookHooker
11Blake LawrieProp
12Francis MoloProp
13Michael MoloProp
14Toby CouchmanProp
15Viliami FifitaProp
16* Jack de BelinProp/13
17Hame SeleProp/13
18Jaydn Su'A2nd Row
19Ryan CouchmanProp
20* Tom Eisenhuth13
21RFM2nd Row
22Luciano Leilua2nd Row
23Dylan Egan2nd Row
24Jacob Halangahu2nd Row
25Hamish StewartProp/13
26Loko Pasifiki TongaProp
27<Lomax Replacement>
28<Alpha Prop>
29<Dude who can play Halves to replace Marshke>
30<Young dude who can play Hooker to replace Mulherisen>
Dev Positions:
D1Nick Tsougranis2nd Row
D2Corey AckersProp/13
D3Finau LatuProp
D4* Lyhkan King-Togia (TBD)Halves
D5* Jesse Williams (TBD)Winger
D6* Hayden Buchanan (TBD)Centre
Assumed Leaving:
1Jesse MarschkeHalves
2Mathew FeagaiWinger
3Max FeagaiCentre
4Josh CoricProp
5Connor MulhrisenHooker
6Jackson Shereb2nd Row
7Savelio TamaleCentre
8Nu BrownHooker
9Ben Murdoch-MasilaProp
10Alec TuitavakeProp
11Dan Russell2nd Row

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Great effort TheRev

I got more the sense that Jacob Halangahu maybe a development player from the conflicting media reports

Allan to the list

Dan Russell is a MO (I wonder if we will pay him out 2025 if he tried to take up his option and or put him on Train and Trial to free up space in the top30 and pay his difference in the cap)

Talagi himself and or his skill sets who can play centre, FB, 5/8 or wing would be a very important signing (hard to find or attract as no club wants to let them go)

I wonder if we may swap Fafita for Alex Tui?

ie help Fafita find another club especially given he is unlikely to get much game time in 2025?

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
Updated the 2025 Squad List, this kind of shows how few positions are actually available.. I added a ( * ) for players who aren't confirmed but I suspect are likely to sign... and that includes a couple of those development spots which I have a feeling will be given.

o Note: There are 11 players I have assumed will be tapped
o Note: There may be a few extra spots opened up if Flanno can successfully tap/offload a few more
o Note: I didnt include Corey Allan, still need confirmation he is fit and being contracted.. and I have no idea who he would be replacing... Birds spot might have been where they were hoping.

2025 Dragons Roster:
1Tyrell SloanFullback
2Sione FinauWinger
3Mikaele RavalawaWinger
4Christian TuipolotuWinger
5Moses SuliCentre
6Jack BirdCentre
7Kyle FlanaganHalves
8Ben Hunt (c)Halves
9Jacob LiddleHooker
10Damian CookHooker
11Blake LawrieProp