What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Squad List

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
There is potentially 5 spots still in our top30

minimum base salary contract for a top30 in 2025 is $135k

ie two spots appear vacant still after the Matt Fegai signing but a few players maybe moving on.

Russell - MO 2025 reportedly will be paid out, moved on, paid in part and he can T&T for 2025

Finau - 2025 top30 similar boat to Russell especially if we want both Fegais and Allan

TomE - u would guess we want him to stay

JDB - I’m sure we definitely want JDB but Flano has held on for a 1 year deal

I am thinking we need a minimum of 5 quality signings for 2025.
Cook being the first, and hopefully Safiti to follow.
Another big prop, an outside back and a utility would be a good start.
A lot will depend on how successful we are in freeing up cap space through moving on players like Lawrie and Rava.

TheRev

First Grade
I am thinking we need a minimum of 5 quality signings for 2025.
Cook being the first, and hopefully Safiti to follow.
Another big prop, an outside back and a utility would be a good start.
A lot will depend on how successful we are in freeing up cap space through moving on players like Lawrie and Rava.
o the signings arent 'flowing in' as quickly as I'd hoped with Cook signed plus being Top8 for a bit.. but Flanno still going after them.. lets see if Saifiti comes.. and then the parra coach comes and we can see if Blaize is in or out (if hes out we will go after another centre).. those will take us to 30/30 filled.. after that we would need to start offloading (I think there are 4 guys we could offload.. but we will wear the freight).

o I think next behind those 2 signings is cover for 6/7/9, cause I dont know where its coming from currently.. either Marshke stays or maybe we could sign someone like a Sezer or a Sexton (or whoever), injury cover aside, I think we need to put some pressure on our halves, and I dont see any of the kids remotely ready.

o We also have 3-4 development positions free, and so far noone is really putting their hand up to take them.. Buchanan is stalled a bit, LKT is ok but also not blitzing things, Williams still in Flegg and I cant tell..... but unless we are going to market to sign some reserve grade level backs.. im not sure who else could take those positions...