What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Squad List

possm

Coach
So, let's assume RCG is signed, then our top 30 is complete for 2025.

To accommodate anyone else there would have to be requests to leave, ie: break contract.
Bird, has activated his option tor '25, however, I feel he is the most likely to formally request a release.
Both Cake and Rava have long term contracts with us, somehow I can't see them "looking" too hard elsewhere, unless someone wants to throw ridiculous money at them, and given their performances over the last couple of weeks in the shop windows, I can't imagine a recruitment manager here, or the UK, wanting to do that. I have feeling they will both be here in '25.
As for Hunt, any nibble from any club, we should respond favourably, and let him go. The sooner the better as we need a new direction, captain and playmaker. Wishart maybe the answer, but the question remains on who wants Hunt at 35yrs old, at top $$, with again a very poor "shop-window" performance against the Eels?

A lot of activity won't happen until Nov in any case.
If I were in charge I'd tell them both that they are not up to standard and if this situation remains, they will be playing reserve grade in 2025 and because of this, their value would drop dramatically.

Sage63

Juniors
Bird looks to be interested in moving to the Tigers. I only hope that some of our other NRL squad would also take the opportunity to move on; Lawrie, Sloan, and Ravalawa come to mind. So I'm hoping we will have the space to recruit some and lose some:
Run-on 13
1. Tedesco
2. Allen
3. Suli
4. Holmes
5. Tuipulotu
6. Wishart
7. Reynolds
8. RCG
9. Cook
10. Thompson
11. Leilua
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

Bench
14. Liddle
15. F Molo
16. T Couchman
17. R Couchman

Spine
Tedesco
Flannagan
Reynolds
Cook

Gone
Hunt - Broncos
Bird - Tigers
Lomax - Eels
Lawrie - Hopefully Tigers
Ravalawa - Hopefully ESL
BMM - Hopefully ESL
Sloan
Brown
Fifita
*This 'Gone list' is a work in progress.
Sorry possum, I believe Sloan deserves more of a go. I think he’s a talent that is waiting to blossom.

blacksafake

First Grade
Reynolds to Sydney <==> Hunt to QLD, could be feasible if both clubs want that player off their books.. both have 1yr remaining, maybe 2 absolute most.. so its a fair exchange... I just personally dont know why the broncos would want their captain gone without a better one available.. they do have good young 7s but not at that level.
With Tallis constantly bagging Reynolds his mate Kevvie just might listen to him?

Trifili13

Juniors
Or maybe Kevvie had his mate Tallis throw a few things out into the media for him… fly fishing like Flanno uses Buzz for at times
Not that we should care or feel sorry for the Broncos, but can you imagine a non oldboy coaching them and failing to make the semis with the squad they have and players they can attract for 3 out of 4 years? While Siebold is no genius, but he was hounded out of town for failing over 2 years by the ex Broncos clique. Anyway, hopefully they resign Kevvie for a few more years.

hewi

Bench
The Titans have reportedly given out of favour halfback Tanah Boyd permission to find another club despite still having a year to run on his contract.

The Courier Mail reported the Titans have granted Boyd permission to leave the club before his current deal expires at the end of the 2025 season

Swap for Hunt , yes please

Parko1310

Juniors
My god Tannah Boyd.. absolutely not. There's no way in the world that's a good idea.. watch him play.. Tannah should probably start learning French

TheRev

Coach
I dont mind Boyd, like his running and kicking game... I think he got a rough deal (which all failed halves do).. but havent watched him this year.. if we could get him + someone else for the swap id be interested.

But tbf didnt the dolphins enquire recently about hunt and we said no? They'd have OSullivan or someone else they would have traded..

One thing about Hunt though is hes never injured.. most other halves in the game get injuries during a year.. we need someone else to cover that also.. so u could get 2 fringe halves and play them off against eachother.

Walpole

Juniors
Bird looks to be interested in moving to the Tigers. I only hope that some of our other NRL squad would also take the opportunity to move on; Lawrie, Sloan, and Ravalawa come to mind. So I'm hoping we will have the space to recruit some and lose some:
Run-on 13
1. Tedesco
2. Allen
3. Suli
4. Holmes
5. Tuipulotu
6. Wishart
7. Reynolds
8. RCG
9. Cook
10. Thompson
11. Leilua
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

Bench
14. Liddle
15. F Molo
16. T Couchman
17. R Couchman

Spine
Tedesco
Flannagan
Reynolds
Cook

Gone
Hunt - Broncos
Bird - Tigers
Lomax - Eels
Lawrie - Hopefully Tigers
Ravalawa - Hopefully ESL
BMM - Hopefully ESL
Sloan
Brown
Fifita
*This 'Gone list' is a work in progress.
I see the posm fantasy teams have started again. No greater indicator that we've had another unsuccessful season.

Old Timer

Coach
Just thinking about Rava

If he can't find a new home and he is to remain I would be interested to see how he would go on the wing outside Val Holmes.

In his entire time at St GI Rava has been playing outside let's say players with known limitations.

Playing on the right the Lomax flick pass, Hunt standing the backline up dead flat so easy to be in the wrong position, Hunt arm grabbing in defence and a lot of bad reads by all and sundry.

Playing on the left constantly outside centres that have little passing ability and incapable of positioning wingers and also lots of bad defensive reads by all and sundry.

So I'm not underestimating Rava's own limitations but just maybe Holmes's smarts might bring out the very best of Rava.

SAP58

Juniors
Just thinking about Rava

If he can't find a new home and he is to remain I would be interested to see how he would go on the wing outside Val Holmes.

In his entire time at St GI Rava has been playing outside let's say players with known limitations.

Playing on the right the Lomax flick pass, Hunt standing the backline up dead flat so easy to be in the wrong position, Hunt arm grabbing in defence and a lot of bad reads by all and sundry.

Playing on the left constantly outside centres that have little passing ability and incapable of positioning wingers and also lots of bad defensive reads by all and sundry.

So I'm not underestimating Rava's own limitations but just maybe Holmes's smarts might bring out the very best of Rava.
My problem with Rava is his positional play is terrible & it hasn’t improved much in 2024 mostly in defence but can turn up in bad positions in attack as well as we saw last weekend. Not sure he can improve sufficiently to play FG. He scored a lot of tries in 2023 but let I as many as he scored probably more with his constant coming in & leaving his winger in marked which is one of my bugbears.

SAP58

Juniors
What is everyone’s thoughts on Lachlan Illias ? Been out with a fractured leg in 2024 after being dropped. Still signed for 2025 but Scoffs don’t want him. Maybe Cookie will have a view on his worth. One problem is his manager - Anasta

56to66

Juniors
What is everyone’s thoughts on Lachlan Illias ? Been out with a fractured leg in 2024 after being dropped. Still signed for 2025 but Scoffs don’t want him. Maybe Cookie will have a view on his worth. One problem is his manager - Anasta
Anasta wouldn't want anything but rocks for St George, so I would expect Illias only to be shopped to the Red V when his body is completely shot to pieces.

since77

Juniors
Just thinking about Rava

Not to be argumentative (honestly!) - but I don't think I can bring myself to forgive Rav for the braindead shite he dished up against Parra on the weekend. I'd say Flanno has marked his cards permanently now.
Tui has all of Rav's attributes with added addition of an extra half a brain.

Old Timer

Coach
Not to be argumentative (honestly!) - but I don't think I can bring myself to forgive Rav for the braindead shite he dished up against Parra on the weekend. I'd say Flanno has marked his cards permanently now.
Tui has all of Rav's attributes with added addition of an extra half a brain.
If he remains at the club and is on big money far better we at least attempt top do something rather than do nothing at all.

As I said he hasn't played outside anyone with any smarts I mean our entire back-line is just about the dumbest and most dis-functional in the comp in almost every aspect of back-line play so Holmes might just be the answer to unlocking him and getting a better outcome.

By the way the pass Hunt threw should never have been thrown as a good half would have seen there was already confusion between the two players.

Hunt very rarely ever takes the tackle to stop a dumb play becoming even dumber.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I was at the game sitting on the opposite end to where the Rava/SuA mix up happened, havent seeing the replay, but who was at fault, was it meant to be Rava's ball on the hit up or SuA's ball, who was in the wrong.?

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
If he remains at the club and is on big money far better we at least attempt top do something rather than do nothing at all.

As I said he hasn't played outside anyone with any smarts I mean our entire back-line is just about the dumbest and most dis-functional in the comp in almost every aspect of back-line play so Holmes might just be the answer to unlocking him and getting a better outcome.

By the way the pass Hunt threw should never have been thrown as a good half would have seen there was already confusion between the two players.

Hunt very rarely ever takes the tackle to stop a dumb play becoming even dumber.
I think our wing options next year of Sione Finau, Feagai, Corey Allen and Tuipulotu hold better claims than Ravalawa. If we are stuck with him I wonder if he is best suited to moving into the middle on a Rueben Wiki style backs to forwards transition. A simple role of strong hitups, possible hole running on the edge and his strong defence (though not sprinting out of the line!!).
Or we take a slight haircut and he heads to the UK..

Latest posts