What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

ram raid

Bench
A lot of good stuff comes on the Fox Sports News Chanel. Did you guys watch the Greenberg interview just now? The guy is a comedian.

Stallion

First Grade
I find that when I start watching Fox Sports news channel I'm seeing plenty of stories promoting AFL ,soccer or Union. I do see rugby league however it's mostly News ltd generated stuff and on negative discourse like player behaviour or salary cap crap! I understand it's a general sports channel but when I compare it to my main free to air channel television in Nine or ABC, Fox Sports channel is like a billboard advert for other sports, especially the ones rivaling or looking to undermine rugby league. Quite often I'll change back to Fox rugby league but even that's got NRL repeats going for most of the time. On a positive note I'm finding the odd coverage of English and French RL games very interesting. Should be more of it.Especially Wolfpack or Toulouse games. Wishful thinking !

Stallion

First Grade
I see the News ltd thrust of whiteanting the competition is at play with its commentators and ofcourse the Broncos CEO. The incessant push to weaken the code in Sydney is so obvious and damaging. We have a Brisbane Broncos CEO claiming that the AFL has lost money with the Suns and GWS GIANTS. What he didn't mention was that these 'expansion ' clubs were indeed expansion clubs in rugby league areas. The 2nd Brisbane team is not an expansion club ! It's a consolidation club which gives long-suffering Brisbane rugby league fans a choice!

mozza91

Coach
One day out from the season and they serve up that shit?

I know it’s a crazy thought for the News Limited merkins but I actually want to hear people talk about the game not some plant in a Cowboys jersey asking the panel why she should still be supporting Rugby League.

no name

Coach
One day out from the season and they serve up that shit?

I know it’s a crazy thought for the News Limited merkins but I actually want to hear people talk about the game not some plant in a Cowboys jersey asking the panel why she should still be supporting Rugby League.
No way.
I’d much rather Todd Greenberg emphatically announce that it won’t be long until a player will be punished for salary cap breaches.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Watching sticky get put on the spot about players knowing about salary cap rorting was worth the admission. He responded well with the Mal Meninga hessian sack joke lol

Stallion

First Grade
Watching sticky get put on the spot about players knowing about salary cap rorting was worth the admission. He responded well with the Mal Meninga hessian sack joke lol

Otherwise a very orchestrated and deliberate show aimed at putting water on the expansion fire for the benefit of the Broncos.

The Marshall

Juniors
Noticed Tim Gilbert’s rough head pop up on NRL Tonight. I hope he stays there and he doesn’t get involved in anymore of the coverage.

no name

Coach
Apparently Brett Morris saying he was frustrated about getting injured on a dodgy Brookvale Oval for a second time is him being ‘angry’ and ‘fired up’ according to old mate on Fox Sports News today.

Danny Wiedler pumped him with loaded questions and I thought he did well to answer them the way he did.

no name

Coach
No wonder the articles in the Tele are so f**king rubbish, all of the writers have their mugs on Fox Sports all day.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Excellent episode of League Life tonight. Josh Hodgson is a terrific person & good to see John Bateman adapting well to the NRL so far. Plus the story on the Eels & Great Steps was fantastic. This isn't something new for the club & they've extended the partnership. Hopefully the off season leads to all clubs & players putting more focus on this type of involvement in the community.

There's a replay on Fox League at 9:30 tonight.

Stallion

First Grade
Benji Marshall and Joel Thompson were very genuine last night in their support of maintaining all Sydney clubs. They emphasized that the fans would be lost and basically a disaster for the code in a massive city with established supporter bases. Well done to these two footballers that are on the coalface .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Excellent episode of League Life tonight. Josh Hodgson is a terrific person & good to see John Bateman adapting well to the NRL so far. Plus the story on the Eels & Great Steps was fantastic. This isn't something new for the club & they've extended the partnership. Hopefully the off season leads to all clubs & players putting more focus on this type of involvement in the community.

There's a replay on Fox League at 9:30 tonight.

Only show I'm watching this year. Sick of the news ltd journo beat up that is NRL360 and matty Johns childish antics and jokes. Oh for a proper RL show that talks about the game, shows the after game media interviews. dissects the ins and outs of it all without the agendas and BS. Best is probably the pre game shows. Ive found myself not watching much of the NRL channel so far compared to last year.

Stallion

First Grade
Only show I'm watching this year. Sick of the news ltd journo beat up that is NRL360 and matty Johns childish antics and jokes. Oh for a proper RL show that talks about the game, shows the after game media interviews. dissects the ins and outs of it all without the agendas and BS. Best is probably the pre game shows. Ive found myself not watching much of the NRL channel so far compared to last year.

I'm starting to not buy the Monday Telegraph because uninteresting stories are being devised and promoted by Buzz and company .

no name

Coach
Valentine Holmes is such a bad person because he didn’t answer the journos questions at the airport.

f**k Kent and Rothfield are A grade dribblers.