What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25,000 tickets sold for Melbourne Origin already!

MayMoo

Juniors
ibeme said:
This comment coming from someone who calls themself Fatback.

Back to TFC Fatback. You're not worthy of the NRL forum.

ibeme - You better sheath that razor sharp wit of yours before someone gets hurt

Calixte

First Grade
Christ these forums are filling up with union trolls.

The word must be out at Planet (tee hee) Rugby...

MayMoo

Juniors
Moffo said:
Cheers

This game is going to sell out, how good is that maymoo!

No problem if it does Mate... I thought every-one so far had ?? although I could be wrong.

I will however still question a lot I hear from NEWSCORP and their publications regardless of how much sugar-coating goes on here or elsewhere.

Surandy

Bench
MayMoo said:
No problem ibeme, I just don't think that they "sold" 25,000 - I beleive it was a "story" designed to build hype.

That was my inference, sorry you didn't detect it.

And I'm sorry if you have a problem with that. I thought this was an open church.

Don't believe it? Well according to www.ticketmaster.com.au there are no premium seats available left in level one or two and the mid range priced tickets only have a couple of seats left in level two, none in level one.

So anyone that hasn't already purchased tickets will be sitting either behind the goals or in the top level of Telstra Dome. That means that SoO 3 has sold at least as many tickets as the Wallabies did for their international match at Telstra Dome last year and yet there's still over two months until SoO3. This is all with little promotion of the game to date.

Bumble

First Grade
IanG said:
So what exactly is the capacity of the Thunder Dome?

I believe it's 45,000, but that have retractable seats that can be used and make it 55,000.

salivor

First Grade
sooperdooper said:
how many of those tickets were actually bought and not given away?

Do they need to? I don't think anyone is deluded to think that Melbourne is League mad but they seem to like to get behind a big event and Origin certainly is that.

Surandy

Bench
Hmm, just over two months away and there's only single seats left for Category 1 tickets and that's in the top level of the stadium.

Category 2 tickets are still available in the nosebleed section, ie top half of level three.

Category 3 tickets are the only seating left on level one or two, and those seats are behind the goals.

bayon

Juniors
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
I bought mine last week, if they are giving them away in big gobfuls then I haven't seen them.

where did u get your tickets from? i'm trying to get mine from the ticketmaster website but cant seem to get a hold of any because theres no link on the site to purchase.

Surandy

Bench
bayon said:
where did u get your tickets from? i'm trying to get mine from the ticketmaster website but cant seem to get a hold of any because theres no link on the site to purchase.

You didn't look very hard then, they are listed on the front page of www.ticketmaster.com.au right in the middle under "Hot Tickets". It's been under "Hot Tickets" since the tickets went on sale.

Hot Tickets
1x1_clear.gif
1x1_clear.gif
Swan Lake on Ice
Soccer - Australia V Greece
INXS - Switched On Tour 2006
Split Enz
Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals
Rugby League State Of Origin
The Living End
Human Nature - The Motown Show
Stomp
Simple Minds
Porgy and Bess
Wolfmother

Surandy

Bench
Had another look as the last newspaper comment was still saying 25k sold.

Category 1 tickets are now sold out. Category 2 only have single tickets for level 2 but level 3 is still available.
Category 3 has single tickets only at level 1. But level 2 & 3 are still available.

Pricing: Cat 1 = $100; Cat 2 = $65; Cat 3 = $35.

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
Got my tickets last week. Would be good if they had the ARL & Harvey Norman logo on them instead of the Football Australia (soccer) one.
D'oh!

Hindyscrack

Bench
DACSSDOWN said:
Got my tickets last week. Would be good if they had the ARL & Harvey Norman logo on them instead of the Football Australia (soccer) one.
D'oh!

Thats ticketmaster for you... Hopefully someone from the ARL picks up on this and kicks their ass