What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25 man squads

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Walt Flanigan said:
As far as I know this is the closest the Raiders have.

2007 CANBERRA RAIDERS PRELIMINARY SQUAD:
(To be reduced to full-time squad of 25)

Colin Best
Matt Bickerstaff
Glen Buttriss
Terry Campese
Todd Carney
Marshall Chalk
Neville Costigan
Brad Cross
Michael Dobson
Andrew Dunneman
Craig Frawley
Bronx Goodwin
Phil Graham
Marc Herbert
Ryan Hinchcliffe
David Howell
Steve Irwin
Ben Jones
Brett Kelly
Brenton Lawrence
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Scott Logan
Andrew Lomu
Josh Miller
Tony Pamatangi
Joe Picker
Adrian Purtell
Willie Raston
Alan Rothery
Junior Sau
Troy Thompson
Trevor Thurling
Dane Tilse
Alan Tongue
Glenn Turner
Michael Weyman
Jason Williams
Lincoln Withers
William Zillman

:eek: he's back from the dead!

Raider_69

Post Whore
the name Peewee Moke has nothing on Cooper Cronk... it just rolls off the tongue, the alliteration is tops!
easily the best name in the comp, is young cooper cronk.

Ice777

Bench
Raider_69 said:
the name Peewee Moke has nothing on Cooper Cronk... it just rolls off the tongue, the alliteration is tops!
easily the best name in the comp, is young cooper cronk.

I've gotta agree there, i think Cooper's still holds the title although Peewee Moke is a worthy contender. Maybe if it was Peewee Poke he may've pipped him but i reckon i'll stick with Coop on this one.

Inferno

Coach
Parraboy said:
Peewee Moke played a couple of years in the roosters juniors and had massive wraps on him.
Saw him play a couple of times and he really looked the goods.
Went to the Sharkies for the last two seasons i think, and hasn't really kicked.
Suprised the sharks let him go though, will be a good buy for the panthers if he puts his mind to it.
Fairly big boy, was playing in the backs in the juniors, good turn of speed too.
One game i saw him play for the roosters, he was unstoppable making busts on almost every time he touched the ball.

Only had 1 year with us I think.

Heard, but can't confirm the reason he left was that Sticky, didn't rate him at the roosters so he was unlikely to be rated with us. Wish all the best to him.

Daza_06

Juniors
i wouldnt say the dragons have the best experience but the following players would probaly make any teams 17 in the whole NRL:
Dean Young
Ashton Sims
Jason Ryles
Justin Poore
Wes Naiqama
Brett Morris
Luke MacDougall
Ben Hornby
Matt Head
Mark Gasnier
Ben Creagh
Matt Cooper

greenhat

Juniors
I remember reading an interview with, I think, Matt King
where the interviewer asked about cooper cronk having the best name in the NRL
and matt king (?) responded something like 'Yea, Cooper tells us that all the time'

Dogaholic

First Grade
www.bulldogs.com.au

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes has picked 29 players in the Bulldogs fulltime squad for 2007.

New recruits Daryl Millard, Aaron Wheatley, Lee Te Maari and Kane Cleal have been included in the squad.

The full squad (except internationals) returned to training on November 30.

Reni Maitua (Australia)and Andrew Emelio (Tonga) commence training in two weeks and Mark O'Meley, Willie Mason and Andrew Ryan (all Australia) return mid-January.

29 man squad
Chris Armit
Kane Cleal
Trent Cutler
Namila Davui
Hazem El Masri
Andrew Emelio
Jon Green
Jarrad Hickey
Daniel Holdsworth
Corey Hughes
Nick Kouparitsas
Reni Maitua
Willie Mason
Dallas McIlwain
Daryl Millard
Brad Morrin
Billy Ngawini
Mark O'Meley
Luke Patten
Adam Perry
Cameron Phelps
Ben Roberts
Andrew Ryan
Brent Sherwin
Lee Te Maari
Willie Tonga
Matt Utai
Aaron Wheatley
Sonny Bill Williams

Kiwi

First Grade
Daza_06 said:
i wouldnt say the dragons have the best experience but the following players would probaly make any teams 17 in the whole NRL:
Dean Young
Ashton Sims
Jason Ryles
Justin Poore
Wes Naiqama
Brett Morris
Luke MacDougall
Ben Hornby
Matt Head
Mark Gasnier
Ben Creagh
Matt Cooper

I couldn't see many making the Broncos team, maybe cooper ( wing ), gasnier and head, that would be it.

Ice777

Bench
Daza_06 said:
Dean Young
Ashton Sims
Jason Ryles
Justin Poore
Wes Naiqama
Brett Morris
Luke MacDougall
Ben Hornby
Matt Head
Mark Gasnier
Ben Creagh
Matt Cooper

Surely you jest? A few of them may make it into any teams 17, few being the operative word. I'll even give you that maybe even alot of them on that list would make it into many of the other teams 17. But to say all of them would make it into any teams 17 is just crazy talk :crazy:

Kiwi

First Grade
And of course Daza, if they are so good, please do enlighten us as to why these players you say would make every other teams top 17 haven't won squat in how long?

Daza_06

Juniors
Kiwi said:
And of course Daza, if they are so good, please do enlighten us as to why these players you say would make every other teams top 17 haven't won squat in how long?

if a team doesnt have a great coach it is never easy to win the comp. I just dont think that Brown has what it takes to win the NRL premiership even though i hope he proves me wrong this year. Not all those players would make every teams 17, kind of silly comment but when in form those players are up to making representative sides and most of them are still very young

innsaneink said:

Wests Tigers

Dean Collis
Robbie Farah
Daniel Fitzhenry
Stuart Flanagan
Liam Fulton
Ben Galea
Danny Galea
Keith Galloway
Bryce Gibbs
Dene Halatau
Luke Harlen
Bronson Harrison
Chris Heighington
Brett Hodgson (C)
Ben Jeffery
Benji Marshall
Shannon McDonnell
Tevita Metiusela
Jason Moodie
John Morris
Ryan O'Hara
Todd Payten
Rocky Trimarchi
Taniela Tuiaki
Paul Whatuira

We look a bit light on in the forwards, plenty of speed but not enough boppers. Hopefully the big red bloke will slip into a new gear this year.

And I hope Gibbsy has whacked on 10 kilos, if he's going to pick everyone in the NRL he's going to need it.

Ice777 said:
Surely you jest? A few of them may make it into any teams 17, few being the operative word. I'll even give you that maybe even alot of them on that list would make it into many of the other teams 17. But to say all of them would make it into any teams 17 is just crazy talk :crazy:

Its not silly at all. I reckon its very close to the mark, with the exception of your mob and the broncos.

But thats beside the point, we've had top on-paper players for many seasons now. What we truly need now is the grit shown by the Dragons of the early to mid 90's who fought well out of their weight division.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Looks likely Ocko, or maybe Benji at 7 with Morris at 6.

Tim Sheens basicaly confirmed that Morris will wear the 7 shirt this morning on the BSB.

innsaneink

Referee
eelavation said:
Tim Sheens basicaly confirmed that Morris will wear the 7 shirt this morning on the BSB.

:-k Hmmm yes he did....referred to him as "our Cooper Cronk"...in that he has good skills and is sound defensively, he believes he'll go well.