What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25 man squads

Ice777

Bench
_Johnsy said:
Storm bashing is completely different to commenting on a club & players conduct. very different indeed troll

All i can see is Kiwi making and honest assessment of what he thinks of the Dragons players in his opinion, you never liked it and accused him of "Sticking the boot in" How you came to that conclusion i'll never know. Can you spell hypocrite johnsy? I doubt it because you obviously don't the the meaning of the word. It would seem you're very good at dishing it out but havne't learnt the art of taking it ;-)

McCrud

Juniors
To the petty Dragons supporters in this thread who need reassurance that their team is top of the tree - you won't get it from me.

For a club who year after year (without fail) become the pre-season favourites, the media's pick of the bunch, and the team usually referred to as the most talented - to achieve what you have in the last ten or so years hasn't been too 'crash hot' to say the least.

Suddenly when your club's inability to perform on the big day (i.e around kick-off on the day of the GF) is publicly noted, Dragons fans become a raging fury. Don't blame the rest of the RL community for sticking the boot in to your club - the rest of us have to cop the lavish praise dolled out at your 'stars' year after year after year....

Just like the Broncos and Bulldogs, the Dragons are perfectly entitled to be called 'underachievers', 'chokers' or whatever descriptive is used to describe the act of 'not winning the GF even though you have one of the best sides in the comp'. It's only natural for other fans to hate a club that, while never having won a premiership in recent memory, gets as much publicity and good press as the Dragons.

_Johnsy

Referee
I dont need reassurance about my team, In an honest assessment i think we will finish 6th at best.

So the fans are at fault because the media picks us to win it, or we are referred to as the most talented. I particularly love the qoute "the rest of us have to cop the lavish praise dolled out at your stars"

Since when do you have to cop the praise about the drags, i have heard it all now??? WTF

As for having one the best sides in the comp, well that is up for debate. To be bundled out 1 week before the big one 2 years in a row would qualify you for one of the 4 best teams in that corresponding year. As for the type of loss suffered, and the subsequent bagging that goes along with it. i thought the two biggest chokes this year were against the broncs, Doggies and a week later the storm. On a side note we were the only team not to lose to the broncs last year. Not anywhere near as comforting as a gf win, but I will grasp any positives i can from 2006.

_Johnsy

Referee
Isemonger had a good year last year, much better year than say eastwood, wagon and numerous others. A fringe first grade player at one club with many talented backrowers would have a run on spot at other clubs. as for being narky cause your not blowing smoke up my teams arse is a joke. I was unaware that i needed your ok to feel good about my teams chances. Either you dont like people disagreeing with you or you dont like opinions that differ.

innsaneink

Referee
Ice777 said:
All i can see is Kiwi making and honest assessment of what he thinks of the Dragons players in his opinion, you never liked it and accused him of "Sticking the boot in" How you came to that conclusion i'll never know. Can you spell hypocrite johnsy? I doubt it because you obviously don't the the meaning of the word. It would seem you're very good at dishing it out but havne't learnt the art of taking it ;-)

Haha...lmao!

This from someone who hammered us all, day and night week after week during the semis series last year ....yet dropped off the face of the earth after the Storm got beat in the big one.

Ice777

Bench
innsaneink said:
Haha...lmao!

This from someone who hammered us all, day and night week after week during the semis series last year ....yet dropped off the face of the earth after the Storm got beat in the big one.

I never hammered you inky, your team wasn't even there :lol:

and can you find the posts that i "hammered" you all through the semi's? I can't recall making them that's all. If there's any i don't think it'd be more than one or two and that'd only be in retalliation over the heap of sh*t the Storm copped after our less than impressive 1st week win over the Eels. How dare i stick up for my team! But you're being a bit precious if you class that as a hammering inky, i didn't think you were that sensitive so i'll be sure to be more mindful of your feelings next time.

As for going missing, i've already shared with you the reasons why but it's not only that, i also don't find it overly exciting reading threads like "What color do you prefer the corner posts?" or this cracker "Are you looking forward to the NRL season?" Now you might not have anything better to do with your life than to read that sort of stimulating thing, but i have got many better things to do and i choose to do them. You'll see again this off season that wherever Storm end up you'll again not see me around after the season closes like many other people, i bet you're looking forward to the off season already lol. But until then inky boy you're stuck with me ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
Ice777 said:
I never hammered you inky, your team wasn't even there :lol:

and can you find the posts that i "hammered" you all through the semi's? I can't recall making them that's all. If there's any i don't think it'd be more than one or two and that'd only be in retalliation over the heap of sh*t the Storm copped after our less than impressive 1st week win over the Eels. How dare i stick up for my team! But you're being a bit precious if you class that as a hammering inky, i didn't think you were that sensitive so i'll be sure to be more mindful of your feelings next time.

As for going missing, i've already shared with you the reasons why but it's not only that, i also don't find it overly exciting reading threads like "What color do you prefer the corner posts?" or this cracker "Are you looking forward to the NRL season?" Now you might not have anything better to do with your life than to read that sort of stimulating thing, but i have got many better things to do and i choose to do them. You'll see again this off season that wherever Storm end up you'll again not see me around after the season closes like many other people, i bet you're looking forward to the off season already lol. But until then inky boy you're stuck with me ;-)
Learn to read, I said you 'hammered us all'..you ran ice, havent seen a bigger disappearing act since cogburns departure 2 years ago. :lol:
Post of post after post of cocky crap left right and centre...sorta like the covell freaks & hado...

You cant recall?
You have 14 pages of cum stains last september in ur profile

You ran baby....your excuses dont wash with me...we all know your type, you were soooooo cocky, LOL.

skeepe

Immortal
Godz Illa said:
So the Dragons were over-rated, not underachievers. Just trying to follow the haters logic here because it changes so often, we have been called chokers regularly for a while now. Are you saying we aren't chokers, that in fact we weren't ever good enough to win anyway? I require clarification. Please include in your answer a reference to the fact our current winning streak over Brisbane is 4.

Should also include reference to the fact that your losing streak to the Raiders is now at 5.

Kiwi

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
Isemonger had a good year last year, much better year than say eastwood, wagon and numerous others. A fringe first grade player at one club with many talented backrowers would have a run on spot at other clubs. as for being narky cause your not blowing smoke up my teams arse is a joke. I was unaware that i needed your ok to feel good about my teams chances. Either you dont like people disagreeing with you or you dont like opinions that differ.

Finishing 6th at best is feeling good about your teams chances?

I have no problem with peoples opinions when they differ to mine. I'm not the one trying to put someone in their place because they gave an honest opinion about my team. Your trying to correct me about my assesment, yet 6th at best is all you expect. And please do enlighten me as to why I should heap praise onto more dragons players when the team is inconsistant at best and fails when it matters?