What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25 man squads

Kiwi

First Grade
Daza_06 said:
if a team doesnt have a great coach it is never easy to win the comp. I just dont think that Brown has what it takes to win the NRL premiership even though i hope he proves me wrong this year. Not all those players would make every teams 17, kind of silly comment but when in form those players are up to making representative sides and most of them are still very young

well you said it.

Kiwi

First Grade
Bring back John Fifita said:
Its not silly at all. I reckon its very close to the mark, with the exception of your mob and the broncos.

But thats beside the point, we've had top on-paper players for many seasons now. What we truly need now is the grit shown by the Dragons of the early to mid 90's who fought well out of their weight division.

The dragons don't have the best team "on paper", and haven't for a while.

Godz Illa

Coach
So the Dragons were over-rated, not underachievers. Just trying to follow the haters logic here because it changes so often, we have been called chokers regularly for a while now. Are you saying we aren't chokers, that in fact we weren't ever good enough to win anyway? I require clarification. Please include in your answer a reference to the fact our current winning streak over Brisbane is 4.

Frederick

Staff member
Knights haven't released theirs, but this is what I think it could be:

Daniel Abraham
Chris Bailey
Riley Brown
Danny Buderus
George Carmont
Luke Davico
Paul Franze
Kurt Gidley
Nathan Hinton
Andrew Johns
Adam Macdougall
Jarrod Mullen
Clint Newton
Josh Perry
Luke Quigley
Kirk Reynoldson
Mitchell Sargent
David Seage
Steve Simpson
Kade Snowden
Reegan Tanner
Milton Thaiday
Brad Tighe
Daniel Tolar
Adam Woolnough

Ice777

Bench
The Storm have named 33 players on their site and while obviously you'd reckon not all of them would get a game barring a horror run with injuries, there'll be a few here that'll make their first grade/Storm debuts this seaon.

1. Russell Aitken
2. Paletesala Ale
3. Scott Anderson
4. James Aubusson
5. Matt Bartlett
6. Adam Blair
7. Michael Crocker
8. Cooper Cronk
9. Ben Cross
10. Garrett Crossman
11. Ian Donnelly
12. Israel Folou
13. Liam Foran
14. Matt Geyer
15. Ryan Hoffman
16. Greg Ingilis
17. Dallas Johnson
18. Antonio Kaufusi
19. Matt King
20. Jeff Lima
21. Sika Manu
22. Ben Matterson
23. Anthony Quinn
24. Matt Rua
25. Ryan Shortland
26. Billy Slater
27. Cameron Smith
28. Jeremy Smith
29. Sam Tagatese
30. Aiden Tolman
31. Steve Turner
32. Danny Vaughan
33. Brett White

Kiwi

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
So the Dragons were over-rated, not underachievers. Just trying to follow the haters logic here because it changes so often, we have been called chokers regularly for a while now. Are you saying we aren't chokers, that in fact we weren't ever good enough to win anyway? I require clarification. Please include in your answer a reference to the fact our current winning streak over Brisbane is 4.

Who cares what the current winning streak during the regular season is, we are 2 from 2 against the dragons in grand finals when it matters. And every team has bogey sides that always seem to lift ect. The warriors have a very good recent record against the broncos doesn't make them a better team on paper ect.

For mine the dragons are inconsistant and not as good as they are made out to be. The dragons did about what I expected them to do, win their fair share of games during the year, then not do much when the better sides lifted.

Godz Illa

Coach
Kiwi said:
For mine the dragons are inconsistant and not as good as they are made out to be. The dragons did about what I expected them to do, win their fair share of games during the year, then not do much when the better sides lifted.
Overrated it is, then. Hopefully that puts the 'choke' tag to bed. I won't point out that the 4th win of that streak I mentioned occurred in the finals, when the better sides had lifted.

Kiwi

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
Overrated it is, then. Hopefully that puts the 'choke' tag to bed. I won't point out that the 4th win of that streak I mentioned occurred in the finals, when the better sides had lifted.

Why would it put the choke tag to bed, I think they're over rated, doesn't mean others do. Me feels you'll still hear it, just not from me.

No best not to mention it, considering who got bundled out the next week and who went on to win the grand final.

Godz Illa

Coach
Well we can't be over rated and chokers, both schools of thought can't be right. They seem mutually exclusive. Perhaps it isn't so black and white, and there were other factors contributing to the lack of ultimate success. I don't want to over-estimate the influence poor refereeing decisions have over a team's chances of winning games, but I do hope the Storm fans who rode joyously to victory on Steve Clark's abysmal performance in the prelim final felt a pang of regret as karma redressed the balance in the grand final.

bartman

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:
top 25 I can think of:

Luke Burt
Jarryd Hayne
Ben Smith
Timana Tahu
Eric Grothe
Brett Finch
Tim Smith
Nathan Cayless
Mark Riddell
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Nathan Hindmarsh
Chad Robinson
Daniel Wagon
PJ Marsh
Ian Hindmarsh
Josh Cordoba
Todd Lowrie
Justin Tsolous
Weller Hauraki
Feleti Mateo
Joel Reddy
Blake Green
Aaron Cannings
Zeb Taia
Kris Inu
Add Junior Paulo, Brendan Oake and Richard Fa'aoso (in place of Michael Vella) and that's the exact Parramatta full-time squad as announced http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1422.asp.

Kiwi

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
Well we can't be over rated and chokers, both schools of thought can't be right. They seem mutually exclusive. Perhaps it isn't so black and white, and there were other factors contributing to the lack of ultimate success. I don't want to over-estimate the influence poor refereeing decisions have over a team's chances of winning games, but I do hope the Storm fans who rode joyously to victory on Steve Clark's abysmal performance in the prelim final felt a pang of regret as karma redressed the balance in the grand final.

Well yes you kinda can be both. The Broncos cop both from fans on here, one minute our players are useless, not the best ect, the next it's a team full of stars. How people rate teams depends on the person and their opinion. It's the fans that chop and change opinion that are trying to have their hand in both cookie jars.

So like I said, I don't rate them as a team, doesn't mean others wont and can't.

_Johnsy

Referee
Kiwi said:
Apart from the players in bold, the drags look very weak, could really struggle to make top 8.

I see you have left a number of first grade players who have played extremelly well or have a number of years of experience. Either by mistake or just to take another opportunity to stick the boot in.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
• Tony Caine
• Rangi Chase
• Matt Cooper
• Ben Creagh
• Brad Davidson
• Mark Gasnier
• Mathew Head
• Tom Hewitt
• Ben Hornby
• Chris Houston
• Dan Hunt
• Sam Isemonger
• James Jiminez
• Charlie Leaeno
• Rhys Lovegrove
• Keith Lulia
• Luke MacDougall
• Scott MacDougall
• Brett Morris
• Josh Morris
• Wes Naiqama
• Jason Nightingale
• Corey Payne
• Adam Peek
• Justin Poore
• Pat Rosser
• Jason Ryles
• Beau Scott
• Lagi Setu
• Ashton Sims
• Danny Wicks
• Richard Williams
• Simon Woolford
• Dean Young
• Ricky Young

I tend to agree with kiwi. The only other player id add is Naiqama...considering he stays away from the plonk and cars!

Gasnier playing in the halves will be interesting aswell

Kiwi

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
I see you have left a number of first grade players who have played extremelly well or have a number of years of experience. Either by mistake or just to take another opportunity to stick the boot in.

Experience doesn't mean alot when the player is ordinary, hell finch, anasta and chris walker all have experience. And if these players all had such a great year and played so well, where's the consistancy let alone the silverware?

It's not sticking the boot in, i suggest if you don't like people giving an honest opinion on your team because it's not praise, I suggest you go find something else to do with you spare time and stay away from public forums.

_Johnsy

Referee
Isemonger, Morris, Poore, Payne, Wicks, Woolford.

Either you did not watch much footy in 2006 or your hate clouds your judgement ??

Ice777

Bench
_Johnsy said:
Either you did not watch much footy in 2006 or your hate clouds your judgement ??

I guess it's no different to the hate that clouds your judgement when it comes to the Storm eh Johnsy? You only have to look at your many Storm bashing posts to see how blatantly obvious it is :sarcasm:

_Johnsy

Referee
Storm bashing is completely different to commenting on a club & players conduct. very different indeed troll

Kiwi

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
Isemonger, Morris, Poore, Payne, Wicks, Woolford.

I'm sorry, but the fact you mentioned Isemonger, a fringe first grader at best that has struggled to cement a spot on the bench at the clubs he been at says your just narky cause I'm not blowing smoke up your teams arse.