What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Not sure what your point is?

Because not every RL fan in Brisbane supports the Broncos they are not a Brisbane club? What a nonsensical conclusion to come to.
Do the Roosters represent every nook and cranny of Sydney?

They've been called "Sydney Roosters" for almost 30 years. North Sydney, Western Suburbs and Balmain were still around when they stopped being Easts.

Do you actually follow the NRL? serious question
If you're going to say the Broncos represent every rugby league fan in every nook and cranny of Brisbane because their name is the "Brisbane Broncos" then you cannot say that the "Sydney Roosters" don't represent every part of Sydney to anyone who is under 35. Using your logic, no one under the age of 30 remembers the Eastern Suburbs Roosters.

Some would argue the only reason the Broncos have fans in numerous parts of Brisbane is because they were the only team covering then area between 1988-95 and 1998-2022. There's also plenty of people who were born and raised in Brisbane not following the Broncos.

mongoose

Coach
If you're going to say the Broncos represent every rugby league fan in every nook and cranny of Brisbane because their name is the "Brisbane Broncos" then you cannot say that the "Sydney Roosters" don't represent every part of Sydney to anyone who is under 35. Using your logic, no one under the age of 30 remembers the Eastern Suburbs Roosters.

Some would argue the only reason the Broncos have fans in numerous parts of Brisbane is because they were the only team covering then area between 1988-95 and 1998-2022. There's also plenty of people who were born and raised in Brisbane not following the Broncos.
I don't know where you are going with this... the Broncos represent Brisbane, not north side, not the suburbs around red hill and milton, just because that's where they train and play. You honestly haven't been following League for very long if you think that.

I don't know where you are going with this... the Broncos represent Brisbane, not north side, not the suburbs around red hill and milton, just because that's where they train and play. You honestly haven't been following League for very long if you think that.
Not all rugby league fans in Brisbane believe the Broncos represent rugby league's unique history and culture in the Greater Brisbane area. To many of us it is a corporate club based close to the CBD and run by News Ltd. Hardly representative of the working class southern Brisbane area.

Barry Muir understood the problem with the Broncos. When the BRL died he said if you don't support the Broncos then you have to barrack for a Sydney club. Look at the evidence on this site. I support Cowboys. You support Raiders. Santino supports Titans. Tito never supported the Broncos.

You can be a stubborn mule and argue that Broncos represent southern Brisbane, but that's not going to make me or any other rugby league fan in southern Brisbane who doesn't identify with the club become supporters of it. All you're doing is gaslighting like a jerk because you want to hold the game back in Brisbane or are just too plain ignorant to understand its rich and varied history.

The Dolphins are a team for Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast. Waiting 15 years before adding a team in southern Brisbane -- if we get one at all -- is making fans like me miss out on having a team to passionately support. Until then I'll be supportive of the Dolphins, but I'll never feel like they truly represent me.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Good one! Bombers couldn't even get a bank guarantee together.

You seem like a smart enough guy. I don't know why you double down on the many issues you are wrong about
People mocked me 25 years ago when I started saying that continued participation in SR would lead to a slow painful death for Australian RU. They'd totally misrepresent everything I'd say, call me a 'mungo' as if that somehow discredited me, and say things like 'look at the crowds and ratings', and just like I'm telling you now I'd say give it time, in that case a decade or two, then lets look at the metrics.

I don't expect the Dolphins to have a fall anywhere near as bad as what SR has suffered, in fact I expect, and have repeatedly stated, that they'll be bigger than the average NRL club no matter what happens (which isn't saying much frankly, but I digress), but they'll never meet the potential that existed in Brisbane, their addition is already having avoidable knock-on effects, and unless they're highly competitive on the pitch they'll suffer a significant drop-off in support over the coming decade.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Dane

Bukowski

the alts

etc

Nrl needs to be national comp
Brisbane getting a team second would be. A joke etc
I was always supportive of a second Brisbane side, in fact I argued vociferously in favour of it many times back in the day. I never had a problem with Brisbane getting a second side before Perth either.

I did say I preferred the Pirates bid over any of Brisbane bids at the time (Dolphins, Firehawks, Ipswich, etc), but that's not even close to saying that Brisbane shouldn't get a second team or whatever else you're trying to imply.

mongoose

Coach
Not all rugby league fans in Brisbane believe the Broncos represent rugby league's unique history and culture in the Greater Brisbane area. To many of us it is a corporate club based close to the CBD and run by News Ltd. Hardly representative of the working class southern Brisbane area.

Barry Muir understood the problem with the Broncos. When the BRL died he said if you don't support the Broncos then you have to barrack for a Sydney club. Look at the evidence on this site. I support Cowboys. You support Raiders. Santino supports Titans. Tito never supported the Broncos.

You can be a stubborn mule and argue that Broncos represent southern Brisbane, but that's not going to make me or any other rugby league fan in southern Brisbane who doesn't identify with the club become supporters of it. All you're doing is gaslighting like a jerk because you want to hold the game back in Brisbane or are just too plain ignorant to understand its rich and varied history.

The Dolphins are a team for Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast. Waiting 15 years before adding a team in southern Brisbane -- if we get one at all -- is making fans like me miss out on having a team to passionately support. Until then I'll be supportive of the Dolphins, but I'll never feel like they truly represent me.
Ok, fair enough then. Thought you were trying to say Broncos was a North side team or something. Brisbane 3 should definitely be positioned on the South side of the river. They have to be now after the Dolphins came in.

Latest posts