What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Thanks Perth Red. You’re more than welcome to compare my IP address to the IP addresses of all other accounts on League Unlimited. Its not hard to do.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The Dolphins were a bad choice, most just haven't realised it yet (in the beginning most wouldn't accept that the Titans were a bad choice either, but give it some time), and my position was always that none of the options in Brisbane were particularly good.

The Firehawks were probably the closest, the best of a bad lot if you will, but they weren't ready for the NRL as is either. Either they or potentially the Bombers could have been moulded into a good option if they were open to making changes though, we'll never know now. In theory the Dolphins could have as well, but in practise I highly doubt they would have accepted even the most basic changes that should have been requested of them, like playing all their games out of Suncorp and branding changes.
Good one! Bombers couldn't even get a bank guarantee together.

You seem like a smart enough guy. I don't know why you double down on the many issues you are wrong about

Canard

Immortal
Dolphins have had the best start out of any club ever

even the broncos took a while to get used to the arl

I can see them becoming a true Brisbane 2 averaging 40k
This is probably the dumbest post in the history of LU

Centy Coast

Juniors
Because Western Australia is the only state that doesn't allow licenced venues, such as League Clubs, to carry gaming machines.

In other words, a Perth-based NRL team cannot make money from pokies but the other 16 In the country can.

Thus pokies are "bad".

Cash Converters preys on people with mental illness and addiction issues.
WA based Perth Bears fans will have to come across and call into North Sydney Leagues to have a slash on the pokies.

The Dolphins were a bad choice, most just haven't realised it yet (in the beginning most wouldn't accept that the Titans were a bad choice either, but give it some time), and my position was always that none of the options in Brisbane were particularly good.

The Firehawks were probably the closest, the best of a bad lot if you will, but they weren't ready for the NRL as is either. Either they or potentially the Bombers could have been moulded into a good option if they were open to making changes though, we'll never know now. In theory the Dolphins could have as well, but in practise I highly doubt they would have accepted even the most basic changes that should have been requested of them, like playing all their games out of Suncorp and branding changes.
I agree that the Dolphins should be playing all of their games at Lang Park. The shade of gold in their colour palette should be used as an accent colour.

mongoose

Coach
That's why I point out the flaws of Perth. He's dumb enough to think Perth is a stronger rugby league market than Brisbane. His cognitive dissonance on this subject is bizarre and indicative of a deep insecurity and immaturity festering away inside of his brain. He ridicules everything about the Broncos and Dolphins, despite both clubs being bigger than anything Perth can hope to put together. Deep down I feel he is bitter about Brisbane because he views it as a barrier to Perth getting a team.
No one of sound mind thinks perth is a stronger league market than Brisbane. You're just creating strawmen.

mongoose

Coach
I don't think I've seen anyone wearing their merchandise in Logan.

Most of their support is likely to be based in Moreton Bay. Especially around Redcliffe.

We definitely need a team in southern Brisbane for people who don't like the Broncos. I've seen @Santino Pantane and @mongoose claim Broncos represent every region of Brisbane and argue there's no need for a team based south of the river.

Ironically, neither of them support the Broncos. One supports Canberra. The other supports Gold Coast. Both of those clubs are from other markets and don't represent RL fans in Brisbane.

If they aren't willing to support the Broncos then what gives them the right to tell other RL fans in Brisbane to do so?

I grew up in Upper Mt Gravatt and moved to Rochedale South over 20 years ago. Whatever connection the Broncos had to southern Brisbane died when they relocated back to Lang Park in 2003. I remember people from the northern suburbs whinging about having to travel to QEII Stadium to watch the Broncos between 1993 and 2003. The two sides of Brisbane have their own identity and don't like each other.
What a complete load of f**king rubbish.

mongoose

Coach
You've lived in Brisbane for most of your life.

You reckon they represent the entire city.

Which begs the question.

If the Broncos represent the entire city that you've lived in for more than 30 years then why aren't you following them?
Then where do the BRISBANE Broncos represent, if not Brisbane lol

Then where do the BRISBANE Broncos represent, if not Brisbane lol
So why don't YOU support them?

There are people in Cairns who think the Cowboys don't represent them because they're based in Townsville.

Plenty of RL fans in Brisbane don't have any love for the Broncos. They view them as a corporate News Ltd club that killed the BRL.

mongoose

Coach
So why don't YOU support them?

There are people in Cairns who think the Cowboys don't represent them because they're based in Townsville.

Plenty of RL fans in Brisbane don't have any love for the Broncos. They view them as a corporate News Ltd club that killed the BRL.
Not sure what your point is?

Because not every RL fan in Brisbane supports the Broncos they are not a Brisbane club? What a nonsensical conclusion to come to.

Latest posts