What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Michael Carayannis was pretty bullish about the Jets on SEN this morning … says they haven’t asked for anything ( unlike the Bears ) and Singleton is prepared to put some money into the bid …
Gerry Harvey and Jack Cowin have also been mentioned this week in articles as interested investors. Not sure if that is Jets linked or generally in a perth bid. Are either of them Jets connected?

Wb1234

Referee
Haha … I got a feeling you are gunna be disappointed…..again
I’

If ignoring articles and hoping for the best is how you want to go you need all the luck in the world
The difference is Sydney has around 100 NRL regular season games each year. Perth will have a maximum of 12.

Sydney clubs take games interstate in exchange for money from the host town/city. If they played these games at their traditional home they would make less money due to poor returns on game day. They're not taking these games interstate out of kindness.
Brisbane and magic weekend

didn’t you previously say Perth would struggle to get crowds ?

That’s the kind of 180 Perth red does !

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bold section - that’s impossible unless you know that the merits are. And because you’re talking with authority over the merits, please share with us what merits the ARLC will use to determine the next three licenses. Thanks
As an educated guess:

1. stadium
2. New fanbase
3. Financial stability
4. Increasing corporate appeal of NRL
5. Pathways and competitiveness (coach and player signing ability)

Its hardly rocket science!

Matt_CBY

Juniors
As an educated guess:

1. stadium
2. New fanbase
3. Financial stability
4. Increasing corporate appeal of NRL
5. Pathways and competitiveness (coach and player signing ability)

Its hardly rocket science!
I didn’t ask you for an educated guess.

You were speaking with authority over what the merits are. So share them. Not guesses, share the actual merits the ARLC will use.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’

If ignoring articles and hoping for the best is how you want to go you need all the luck in the world

Brisbane and magic weekend
Clubs get paid very well to take a home game to magic weekend.

I can see Bears ending in tears, Jets becoming a genuine Perth club.
The two just seem to have very different attitudes.
end of day it will be up to the Perth bid and WA govt to decide, who, if any, they partner with. The Perth bid are made up of smart business guys with RL backgrounds who will be pragmatic.
If they feel the best future for a Perth club is a partnership I have no doubts they will pick the one they think will deliver the best long term outcome for a Perth club. If they feel they have what it takes to be successful alone and that the NRl will accept that I have no doubt we will see a stand alone club. Looking forward to what they decide.
Any chance of WA Gov and PNG Gov coming to an arrangement?

Eleven games at PRS. One at NFS. Club wears gold, red and black. The game at NFS could be against the Cowboys during indigenous round.

Provides Perth with a future pathway of players from PNG.

Timezone and tyranny of distance are the biggest impediments.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Isnt Cowin the Burger King guy from Perth ? Thought he was mates with Cumins ?

Gerry Harvey is Singletons best mate …
Cheers, makes sense. Didnt realise he was from Perth. I had heard that one of the bid team made his money from HJ but thought it was a franchise owner, not the actual man himself!

Perth Red

Post Whore
I didn’t ask you for an educated guess.

You were speaking with authority over what the merits are. So share them. Not guesses, share the actual merits the ARLC will use.
Maybe you should use a little bit of common sense when reading a message board!

Seeing as you either have autism or are stupid...........
I dont know what the ARLC criteria will be nor do I know for sure how the Perth bid will stack up against the criteria. Taking an educated guess at what is likely and what we may have, we are likely to stack up well in some areas and unknown to me in others. Hope that helps your little brain!

Latest posts