What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

final say

Juniors
All this progress and adding a new team on the West Coast is exciting!
Quick! Let's play in a run down oval! Lol ... I think that we could definitely play at NSO in a trial... in Year 2 !

I think having the Bears back and in Perth is a great idea that will work !
Perth needs more games , not less!
All 3 trial games need to be spread around WA , Joondaloop, Bunbury and Mandurah, with the opening game of the season at Optus.
Let's do it right.
The Bears fans had their time.

Pippen94

First Grade
All this progress and adding a new team on the West Coast is exciting!
Quick! Let's play in a run down oval! Lol ... I think that we could definitely play at NSO in a trial... in Year 2 !

I think having the Bears back and in Perth is a great idea that will work !
Perth needs more games , not less!
All 3 trial games need to be spread around WA , Joondaloop, Bunbury and Mandurah, with the opening game of the season at Optus.
Let's do it right.
The Bears fans had their time.

North Sydney oval looks be well maintained. Don't know where you get the run down but?!

Maximus

Coach
Why is the Brisbane Olympics even remotely a thing in this discussion?

What would that event mean in relation to the NRL?

Donkey used to claim that having another team before the olympics would showcase to the world that Brisbane is a rugby league city.

I'm not exactly sure why the world would care, but apparently we make expansion decisions based on that.

Wb1234

Referee

Nothing special about it bog standard Sydney ground but it’s in a nice park and the harbour is off to the right

and it has an iconic tree lol

train line is close by though direct too from western suburbs

MugaB

Coach
Only the plan to expand has been signed off. There’s no guarantee of who is in what year yet as call for EOIs over the next month is what the plan involves. Whoever provides the best business case will ultimately be the first cab off the rank…. But I’m sure the NRL and the media outlets have their favourites and preferences as to who it should be (cough.. Perth.. Cough cough)
(Cough cough Politis knows cough cough)
Bears