What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

MugaB

Coach
Nothing concrete happened last Wednesday.
What bid paperwork? Is it like a centrelink form?

When the time comes to process bids I'm sure Perth and everyone else will get their shit together.
PR was crapping on about how they've had everything ready just waiting on the official tenders
Roll out the red carpet BS... the letter seems to say we are just about to get started

Perth Red

Post Whore
So he hasn't even got the bid paperwork ready at all, it's basically just starting now, I thought they had got this all ready just waiting for an invitation, which I'm assuming was last Wednesday with the 11 bidders
They probably haven’t even got the bid paperwork yet,or if they have it would have only come from nrl this week? Have you ever been involved in a tender?

the work to be ready to fill the paper work in has been going on for 18 months. The final big decision is partnership or stand alone, which obviously will have a big bearing on how the bid is put forward when its due in 4 weeks.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
They probably haven’t even got the bid paperwork yet,or if they have it would have only come from nrl this week? Have you ever been involved in a tender?

the work to be ready to fill the paper work in has been going on for 18 months. The final big decision is partnership or stand alone, which obviously will have a big bearing on how the bid is put forward when its due in 4 weeks.
So you believe the NRL has a template form to hand over for them to fill out?

Pippen94

First Grade

So no bid yet.

The Perth Bid Consortium has a lot of work to do.

I like the bit where Mr Cumins said the bid needs lots of money and onfield success!

I've been telling everyone this for months!

There are dopey bastards on here who think the team will average 20k fans to each game regardless of onfield form. The same people have called me dumb and insane for not believing Perth will be a runaway success.

What are the odds of a Perth-based team being as rich as the heavyweights and able to roll out a team that is successful on the field from their first season?

That's what will be needed for a Perth-based team to not lose active supporters after its first few seasons.

Pippen94

First Grade
The Perth Bid Consortium has a lot of work to do.

I like the bit where Mr Cumins said the bid needs lots of money and onfield success!

I've been telling everyone this for months!

There are dopey bastards on here who think the team will average 20k fans to each game regardless of onfield form. The same people have called me dumb and insane for not believing Perth will be a runaway success.

What are the odds of a Perth-based team being as rich as the heavyweights and able to roll out a team that is successful on the field from their first season?

That's what will be needed for a Perth-based team to not lose active supporters after its first few seasons.

We've heard next to nothing concrete about the "bid." People here think if Cumins can put something together they'll be a certainty because there's no other bidders. NRL will select strong bid not only bid..

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We've heard next to nothing concrete about the "bid." People here think if Cumins can put something together they'll be a certainty because there's no other bidders. NRL will select strong bid not only bid..
We've heard plenty you petty prick. Your bias against 1 poster is clouding your already f**ked up judgement.

final say

Juniors

3 and a half weeks... tick tok!!

final say

Juniors
I believe they will have some tender guidelines they will put out to be addressed yes. A Form? unlikley lol.
I think it's panic stations in WA .I obviously could be wrong but 3 and a half weeks doesn't seem like nearly enough time for a merger of enterprises! Not really enough time to negotiate one! and not enough time to put all the planning in place, pathways, finances, administration ect...
All that on the backdrop of not even figured out which of these enterprises !! Is 3 to 4 weeks enough time to even weigh up all the finances and structures to do a merger??
That's a lot of work! Then there's all the legally binding documents to prepare and sign.

final say

Juniors
Nothing concrete happened last Wednesday.
What bid paperwork? Is it like a centrelink form?

When the time comes to process bids I'm sure Perth and everyone else will get their shit together.
Obviously there's plenty of paperwork.
Probably not going to be any specific order but the NRL will want to see a business plan: Financial records- costs, income, projections along with a marketing strategy. Stadium- availability ,venue and all associated costs. Training facilities, offices and locations of all these things with at least a letter of intent. Structures for academies, feeder teams ect. Likely Hotel locations for visiting teams.

Obviously the more detailed and comprehensive bids will be looked apon favourably...
WA so far have a poorly written letter that's only use was to let everyone know just how far behind they are ! They don't even know who they are yet.
It's the most non bid.. bid.

flippikat

Bench
Hold the phone.. I have the first draft of bid form!! ;)

NRL BID FORM

Instructions: Please complete all sections in blue or black pen only.
To be returned to NRL HQ by 1 August.

Bid name:
Home Stadium:
Jersey Colors:

(Please attach artists impression of home and away jersey)

Number of home games to be played at other stadiums (Please detail number & where):

Maximum expansion fee you can pay us:

Please detail, in 1000 words or less, how you will increase the NRL's talent pool:

Preferred timeslot for home games:

Please detail, in 1000 words or less, how you will be competitive on the field:

Please attach 3 references/endorsements - one from a current NRL broadcaster, one from an existing NRL club, one from a major sponsor or millionaire you have lined-up to bankroll your club.

‐----

Now, I'm advised that was the first draft ;) anyone seen the finished one? (Hehehe)

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Obviously there's plenty of paperwork.
Probably not going to be any specific order but the NRL will want to see a business plan: Financial records- costs, income, projections along with a marketing strategy. Stadium- availability ,venue and all associated costs. Training facilities, offices and locations of all these things with at least a letter of intent. Structures for academies, feeder teams ect. Likely Hotel locations for visiting teams.

Obviously the more detailed and comprehensive bids will be looked apon favourably...
WA so far have a poorly written letter that's only use was to let everyone know just how far behind they are ! They don't even know who they are yet.
It's the most non bid.. bid.
What we know publicly, and there is plenty we dont know, for Perth:

Stadium locked in
NRLWA support
CofE development locked in (Wa govt funded)
Jnr pathway funding locked in (WA Govt funded)
Consortium ownership Perth end locked in
Support of NRLWA locked in
Consultancy firm contracted to write it all up

What we dont know publicly:
Investment from others outside of current consortium
If partnership will happen
Brand (see above)
Sponsors locked in

I;ve been involved in multi million $ tenders, I know the process. You have 75% of it developed pre tender and the consultancy firm takes that with the 25% remaining based on tender requirements.
We'll be right.

If you think we arent ready and weve had a consortium, Govt and Consultancy firm working on it for 18 months where do you think the NZ bids are at?

Latest posts